Carene Marine Amber Color

a_m

I have been looking at the Carene Marine Amber. And I would have to get it online.

However, having seen the images of the pen, its not exactly clear whether the appearance of the marine amber is of "reddish" or of "brownish"

Can anyone having that FP comment on its appearance?

Secondly, I find two terms being ued - "marine amber" and "amber shimmer" - are they different colors / shades of Carene?

thanks

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• Ghost Plane

• a_m

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

In my eyes the colour would be a reddish brown and the appearance is stunning with the gold fittings. This is why Waterman have retained this colour.

All the lacquer models have names relating to the Oceans and the catalogues term it Marine Amber. Amber Shimmer is its AKA name because it shimmers in certain light.

I think this picture taken in daylight shows the colour in comparison to others.

fpn_1382942851__dsc_0648.jpg

Edited by Force

In my eyes the colour would be a reddish brown and the appearance is stunning with the gold fittings. This is why Waterman have retained this colour.

All the lacquer models have names relating to the Oceans and the catalogues term it Marine Amber. Amber Shimmer is its AKA name because it shimmers in certain light.

I think this picture taken in daylight shows the colour in comparison to others.

fpn_1382942851__dsc_0648.jpg

Those are beautiful colors - didn't know that Carene came in so many colors. Except for the black, I highly doubt whether other colors can even be found at my place. I am planning to purchase the Carene. I love the looks of its nib, and the overall shape of the FP. Will have to really check out whether any other colors are available.

Many thanks for the image - that will really help.

I put my savings to test

Also, my Carene seems to be a slightly different color depending on lighting conditions. Right now I'm indoors and it's fairly dark, and the Carene's darker shades stand out so that it overall looks like a dark brown. However, in direct sunlight, it practically glows with a much brighter reddish, nearly orange, color. I really hope Waterman keeps this model.

Also, my Carene seems to be a slightly different color depending on lighting conditions. Right now I'm indoors and it's fairly dark, and the Carene's darker shades stand out so that it overall looks like a dark brown. However, in direct sunlight, it practically glows with a much brighter reddish, nearly orange, color. I really hope Waterman keeps this model.

Thanks, that makes the FP even more interesting. I only hope that it be available in India. Here I have only seen variants of Black ones. I am keeping my fingers crossed :-)

I put my savings to test

Thanks, that makes the FP even more interesting. I only hope that it be available in India. Here I have only seen variants of Black ones. I am keeping my fingers crossed :-)

You might PM Hari317 because he is in your part of the world and he could well have more information on which models are available there.

• 3 weeks later...

and the Carene can still be had for as little as £28. I took a gamble on this, the seller stated 'worn under nib' but when questioned said it was the black section that was worn which I assumed to be the normal cap on/off wear marks which should polish out. If not, it will turn into yet another project pen.

fpn_1384370072__kgrhqeokpgfjjuohd0cbsdpj

Edited by Force

Well the pen has arrived and what can I say but it appears to be a brand new Sea Garden Medium nib with a small problem. I can only imagine that when the owner tried to unscrew the section from the barrel the wrong part unscrewed. The union assembly into the section has come out instead and in replacing it the 'assembler' has not included (lost) the 'C' spring. I am 100% sure Waterman will not supply me with a spare so it looks like the old Gloss Black (damaged nib) I acquired a while back will have to become a donor pen.

Well that's it back together after a good sonic clean and using donor parts. It has only one very tiny dink in the lacquer on the cap but for £28...I'll forgive it that. It also came with a brand new old style (chrome ring) converter.

fpn_1384605470__dscn0050.jpg

Edited by Force

After trading in a new medium for a Stub, I have to be very honest and say is not my favourite of nibs.

Of late I have been back with my trusted 'reworked' medium and a Fine. I also wanted to try an EF so rather than trade in another medium this pen has gradually reduced in price and at £70 delivered from Italy it was worth a dabble. You will be hard pressed to buy a section alone for that money.

I hope the image owner does not mind me borrowing it as I bought the pen.

fpn_1384977096__vh9a35.jpg

Edited by Force

And I'd rather scrape nails on a chalkboard than write with a Fine.

And I'd rather scrape nails on a chalkboard than write with a Fine.

Isn't that the same thing? Agree, thanks,

Post Script

I have 2 of them and like them. Mine are not too wide, and give enough line variation

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

4 days from Italy to the UK and the pen is mint......now that's a good service.

I think someone else said, fine is nice for signing cheques...but as I rarely sign them now, I will no doubt find another use for it.

Anyone here grab this Sea Garden tonight for £57 delivered ? which included 2 converters, a box of 8 cartridges and the paperwork.

fpn_1385407219___12.jpg

fpn_1385407377___14.jpg

Edited by Force

No, but it seems on OB nib assembly found it's way to me from France. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Perhaps a nice macro picture and a writing sample when it arrives for us to drooooollllll over.

Be awhile. In the process of rearranging the house, so technology is a bit topsy turfy. Interim, turn your stub to a 45 degree angle while keeping it flat to the page (or swivel your page) & you'll get a feel for the lovely line variation. Subtle & somewhere between a B & stub for smoothness while I'm learning the sweet spot.

Lewertowski sure knows how to pack! Sailed thru Customs ahead of the Christmas blitz.

Be awhile. In the process of rearranging the house, so technology is a bit topsy turfy. Interim, turn your stub to a 45 degree angle while keeping it flat to the page (or swivel your page) & you'll get a feel for the lovely line variation. Subtle & somewhere between a B & stub for smoothness while I'm learning the sweet spot.

Lewertowski sure knows how to pack! Sailed thru Customs ahead of the Christmas blitz.

Is he still active? I saw his ebay-store empty. And tried to order something from Amazon, but got a message they could not deliver to my country... Strange, but in that case I look elsewhere..

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~