Noodler's Flex Pen For Everyday Writing?

Davis19942003

Does the goulet nibs fit the nib creaper? As I remember, the #6 nibs fit on Konrad and Ahab, I am not sure about the nib creaper.

No, Creaper nibs are #5, Konrad and Ahab share both #6 *same* nibs , same size nibs as Goulet's, But they don't share the same feed as well, when Ahab's feeder fins are adjustable Konrad's are pre-set.

Edited by cbaytan

One boring blue, one boring black 1mm thickness at most....

Then there are Fountain Pens with gorgeous permanent inks..

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davis19942003

• cbaytan

• Chthulhu

• Scribblesoften

No, Creaper nibs are #5, Konrad and Ahab share both #6 *same* nibs , same size nibs as Goulet's, But they don't share the same feed as well, when Ahab's feeder fins are adjustable Konrad's are pre-set.

Can the goulet nibs flex as well?

How can you adjust the fin in a feed?

The Goulet's sell non-flex nibs. Knox nibs and Noodler's own non-fllex nibs also fit the Ahab and Konrad. I believe that the FPR number 5 nibs and the Knox K26 nibs fit the Creaper. As mentioned above, the Creaper takes the smaller vintage number 2 nibs. I have a few Creapers that i use for vintage flex nib testing. They are good little pens. My experience has been that the qc on them is a little better than on the Ahabs and Konrads. When the pen arrives, you should still disassemble it and clean it thoroughly. After removing the feed from the pen, i usually clean it in a sink with cold water, dish detergent, and a toothbrush. This will remove any oils and ebonite fragments that may cause flow problems. Also make sure you rinse the cleaned parts thoroughly as any leftover soap will make the ink flow more freely than it should. I hope you enjoy your new pen.

Edited by Scribblesoften

Can the goulet nibs flex as well?

How can you adjust the fin in a feed?

@Scribblesoften explained the nibs, I tried fountain pen revolution (FPR) nibs but I found they are no flex at all

You can start adjusting nibs and feed with just a cup of boiled water and a model knife, starting from here: Don't be afraid making mistakes because process is reversible unless you brake a fin.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/240492-noodlers-ahab-ease-my-flex-mod/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2812379

Edited by cbaytan

The Goulet's sell non-flex nibs. Knox nibs and Noodler's own non-fllex nibs also fit the Ahab and Konrad. I believe that the FPR number 5 nibs and the Knox K26 nibs fit the Creaper. As mentioned above, the Creaper takes the smaller vintage number 2 nibs. I have a few Creapers that i use for vintage flex nib testing. They are good little pens. My experience has been that the qc on them is a little better than on the Ahabs and Konrads. When the pen arrives, you should still disassemble it and clean it thoroughly. After removing the feed from the pen, i usually clean it in a sink with cold water, dish detergent, and a toothbrush. This will remove any oils and ebonite fragments that may cause flow problems. Also make sure you rinse the cleaned parts thoroughly as any leftover soap will make the ink flow more freely than it should. I hope you enjoy your new pen.

Is there a standard for nib size?Is the number 5 nib the same as vintage number 2 nibs? I am so confused when talking about nib size.

I was struggling to buy a nib creaper or a Konrad, but finally I have chosen the nib creaper as the shipping is a bit more inexpensive

@Scribblesoften explained the nibs, I tried fountain pen revolution (FPR) nibs but I found they are no flex at all

You can start adjusting nibs and feed with just a cup of boiled water and a model knife, starting from here: Don't be afraid making mistakes because process is reversible unless you brake a fin.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/240492-noodlers-ahab-ease-my-flex-mod/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2812379

Thanks, the link is very useful. I thought that mod is for the nib only.

Thanks, the link is very useful. I thought that mod is for the nib only.

Sorry, wrong thread, this is the correct one:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/209439-ahab-pen-opening-up-fin-vents-with-photos/

Also others:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/209380-noodlers-ahab-flex-adjustment-tips/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/246808-noodlers-ahab-flex-modification/

Creator of Nathan Tardiff's video:

Ahab is lot's of fun.

These links are sufficient for you for improving Ahab flexiness , I've also tried #10 Pilot flex FA nib and it worked no better than Ahab for me For more flexing&wet noodling you need to get a vintage pen or a modern modified pen by John Mattishaw or maybe from other nibmeisters I don't know of.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there: my Ahab and Konrad have identical nibs *and* feeds.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

I'm going to have to disagree with you there: my Ahab and Konrad have identical nibs *and* feeds.

As Gouletpens represantive I've chat is warned I've checked with magnifier. Ahab's "were" different, all left side fins are closed by default all right sides were open, On the Konrad all fins look the same ,. I can't be mistaken though because I had two different feeds in my hand once&I never had a Creaper. They are exchanvahble though, and my only Konrad's feed can happily feed a flexed nib roo, so my Konrad piston is broken and that feed resides in one of my Ahab's now. I don't know which one at the moment. If they changed to Konrad feeds to Ahab feeds later on, I wouldn't know, it was like 8 months ago.

Edited by cbaytan

Sorry, wrong thread, this is the correct one:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/209439-ahab-pen-opening-up-fin-vents-with-photos/

Also others:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/209380-noodlers-ahab-flex-adjustment-tips/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/246808-noodlers-ahab-flex-modification/

Creator of Nathan Tardiff's video:

Ahab is lot's of fun.

These links are sufficient for you for improving Ahab flexiness , I've also tried #10 Pilot flex FA nib and it worked no better than Ahab for me For more flexing&wet noodling you need to get a vintage pen or a modern modified pen by John Mattishaw or maybe from other nibmeisters I don't know of.

Thanks for the useful links, I didn't know that cutting the ink channel can help this much!

Nib size is not standardized and will vary from company to company. In vintage pens, it was more standardized but there were still exceptions. I have several number 4 nibs that are smaller than number 2 nibs. The important thing for you is that the Creaper does not fit the modern, large nibs that fit in the Ahab and Konrad. It will fit many interesting vintage nibs and a variety of other modern nibs. Incidentally, I like the standard Creaper nib. You may find you don't want to swap it at all. If you choose to do so, the capability is there. Which is rather nice.