gscott92

Hello all,

My name is Greg Scott and live just north of Dallas in Denton, Tx. I have been collecting/learning to repair/selling vintage fountain pens for around 10 years with a couple of years off for other stuff. I have gotten back into the hobby and looking forward to the vast information I hope to find on this site.

My most recent restore was a 1947 Parker 51, Blue Diamond Vacumatic with a Lusterloy stacked coin cap, which I was able to get working again after a few parts purchases on eBay and a diaphram. I love this pen.

I started with Estie's and have quite a few that I use and a few that will hopefully find new homes. On the to-do list are a few Parker Vacs that need to be restored. I'm still in the proccess of acquiring all the tools I need but I've been called a tool maker so I usually can come up with something that works.

I also enjoy doing woodworking with hand tools. Also a long time journal writer. I'm kind of an anachronist.

That's enough for now. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the board through the forums. And specially those I've watched your videos and have purchased from online.

Thanks,

Greg

gscott92

"I'm not young enough to know it all."

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3717/10480056673_7264bcb295_m.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gscott92

• RMN

• Horseknitter

• Penne Stilografiche

Howdy Greg. Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us :thumbup:

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello all,

My name is Greg Scott and live just north of Dallas in Denton, Tx. I have been collecting/learning to repair/selling vintage fountain pens for around 10 years with a couple of years off for other stuff.

Welcome, Greg !

I think you and your experience will prove to be a valuable resource to the membship. Glad to have ya !

I cannot, however, imagine any "other stuff".

You are planning to post a photo of your restored "Blue Diamond" Vac, aren't you ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hi Greg!

Native Texan welcoming you to FPN - so pleased you decided to join us. I lived most of my life in the Metroplex (Dallas half) but retired about 2 hours drive east on I-30 into the edge of the Piney Woods. Love the peace and quiet here, had my fill of concrete and traffic.

We need to hear about your pen activities on a regular basis, you bring experience to the table. WELCOME!

Hi Greg and welcome to FPN

So I guess we'll hear from you in the repair subforum....

Enjoy

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network, glad to have you with us!

Regards,

Vincenzo

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Greetings

We are all pen addicts and we need help in buying more pens. Good luck in keeping you collection small....