Anxiety-Proof Pen...?

CharlieTurtle

I also own a Lamy ABC. Be aware that the pen does not post, and writes with a fat, wet line that may prove too juicy for taking tests, though I do highly recommend it as a fun ink-tester.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dillo

• CharlieTurtle

• UK Mike

• MisterBoll

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross Solo.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I also own a Lamy ABC. Be aware that the pen does not post, and writes with a fat, wet line that may prove too juicy for taking tests, though I do highly recommend it as a fun ink-tester.

It shares the same nib as the Nexx, Safari, Studio, and others. Incidentally, my ABC has drier flow. Mine is about a 3/10 which is good for me. I used it on so many blue-book tests since it doesn't bleed. In any case, there is a certain inconsistency to be had. Nibs are like people. They are all unique.

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Yea, Cross Solo (if you can find one...they are out of production now) or a Pilot Metropolitan. Both are quite sturdy, have clips, are reliable.

Now that you say the ABC has a fat, juicy line, I think I want two...one in each color. :D

Come to think of it, my Pelikan Pelikano (the original one) was great (wrote well, consistently, sturdy, never dried out) BUT one day the grip sheered off and I bought a new one. That one does not want to start up after sitting for a while and I am not as in love with it as I was the first one. Overall, not as sturdy as they once seemed and so I would withdraw my recommend for the Pelikano.

You might also like a Kaweco with the optional clip. Nice pens, tough as can be, great quality, never skip, smooth nibs and come in all nib widths. They are small but take the international carts which you can find everywhere...you can even convert them to sac fillers (I did that and it worked WELL) for more ink to use. Rather inexpensive at Jet Pens. <$25 They appear small but are easy to carry around. I love mine.

Edited by Fabienne

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Yea, Cross Solo (if you can find one...they are out of production now) or a Pilot Metropolitan. Both are quite sturdy, have clips, are reliable.

Now that you say the ABC has a fat, juicy line, I think I want two...one in each color. :D

Come to think of it, my Pelikan Pelikano (the original one) was great (wrote well, consistently, sturdy, never dried out) BUT one day the grip sheered off and I bought a new one. That one does not want to start up after sitting for a while and I am not as in love with it as I was the first one. Overall, not as sturdy as they once seemed and so I would withdraw my recommend for the Pelikano.

You might also like a Kaweco with the optional clip. Nice pens, tough as can be, great quality, never skip, smooth nibs and come in all nib widths. They are small but take the international carts which you can find everywhere...you can even convert them to sac fillers (I did that and it worked WELL) for more ink to use. Rather inexpensive at Jet Pens. <$25 They appear small but are easy to carry around. I love mine.

Coming to the Lamy pens, it really isn't that hard to adjust flow on the nibs since they can be taken off. If you don't like the flow on the one you get, you can take off the nib and adjust the nib to increase flow by changing the tine gap gently with your fingers. If you break the nib, you can always get so more from cult pens or some other place. It's a pretty good pen to experiment with. The ABC is excellent. I still use mine very frequently, and I think it's a great pen to have. I might want to get another one in a different color.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

*she

Ooops apologies. I did have a moment of doubt as I typed but didn't check :)

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

It shares the same nib as the Nexx, Safari, Studio, and others. Incidentally, my ABC has drier flow. Mine is about a 3/10 which is good for me. I used it on so many blue-book tests since it doesn't bleed. In any case, there is a certain inconsistency to be had. Nibs are like people. They are all unique.

What on earth is a blue book test?

You can spot a writer a mile off, they're the ones meandering in the wrong direction muttering to themselves and almost walking into every second lamppost.

What on earth is a blue book test?

In the states, we have these essay-based tests in uni where they give us these thin blue-covered books with lined newsprint inside. The paper isn't that great, but I've always used either a fountain pen or pencil on them with no problem, but the paper is rough and can be bleedy.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Dillon