Which Conway Stewart Are You Using Today?

mallymal1

It's always Conway Stewart day in my pen case. A 15, 338 and 58.
|

http://i.imgur.com/UYN32tU.jpg

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• warblerick

• darazs

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's always Conway Stewart day in my pen case. A 15, 338 and 58.

|

http://i.imgur.com/UYN32tU.jpg

Nice selection. :thumbup:

Do you have a favourite?

Nice selection. :thumbup:

Do you have a favourite?

Almost certainly has to be the 58, both aesthetically and functionally. It has a beautiful firm fine nib on it.

http://i.imgur.com/IlYJRYQ.jpg

Almost certainly has to be the 58, both aesthetically and functionally. It has a beautiful firm fine nib on it.

http://i.imgur.com/IlYJRYQ.jpg

I think I might go with that choice myself.

For me, the 58 has a great 'feel' in the hand, and I have a lot of time for the Duro nibs.

I think I might go with that choice myself.

For me, the 58 has a great 'feel' in the hand, and I have a lot of time for the Duro nibs.

I concur, the 58 is just the right pen - nibs quality does vary a little, but you can't go wrong with a DURO nib :)

I am surprised how the CS28 / CS58 / CS60 range and the CS73 / CS76/ CS93 range appear with such regularity in this thread.

It seems the the CS45/CS55, the CS475 / CS479, and the CS757 / CS759 range of pens are generally overlooked, when they probably offer a better girth, and equally attractive colouring.

I am surprised how the CS28 / CS58 / CS60 range and the CS73 / CS76/ CS93 range appear with such regularity in this thread.

It seems the the CS45/CS55, the CS475 / CS479, and the CS757 / CS759 range of pens are generally overlooked, when they probably offer a better girth, and equally attractive colouring.

Right now I have a beautiful black 475 inked. The pen has a broad stub nib with a fair degree of flexibility. I very much love this pen of mine.

Khan M. Ilyas

Nice observation.

The 28/58/60 range has always been the more popular, I think...followed by other 50's style pens for their Herringbone designs. Fine by me. It means that there are more beautiful 757's for me. :thumbup:

Going off this thread, the most popular pen seems to be the modern Series 100 - followed by the Churchill, and the iterations of the 58.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

466's of course...

35687616261_47f2c36a7c_b.jpg

All inked with Private Reserve's Electric DC Blue.

:D

466's of course...

All inked with Private Reserve's Electric DC Blue.

:D

Thanks for posting this, it's very interesting to see the evolution of this model. Lovely pens.

yes very nice group, and very glad you've shown that red/black Vulcanite example - excellent timing from my point of view.

You'll see in the attached picture a little something I found earlier in the week - desperately in need of lots of tlc ............a red/black Dinkie No. 526 M with ribbon ring, Vulcanite again I think, and probably from somewhere around the mid to late 1920s ............ apparently M is the code for this colour combination.

But to cut to the chase .................. as you can see, I'm minus some quantity of the cap lipping .............. soooooo, if you'd like to break off just a little from your pen, then I can hopefully heat form and adapt to restore mine, which of course will then look the bees knees - or should that be a proper Dinkie. You can turn yours around to that the missing part isn't seen by others, and after a few weeks dare say you will probably have forgotten that your pen isn't quite whole, and think of the warm glow and charitable feeling you'll get from having helped a fellow penologist. :lticaptd: :D :)

Just my luck though to have found another nice example of a really old Dinkie, and it's got serious problems - the last time a tinkered with one of these - think it was a striated sort of lilac colour - it exploded under pressure from the section pliers, but I did spend a week sticking all the pieces together.

Edited by PaulS