Which Conway Stewart Are You Using Today?

Today I am using a black Conway Stewart 14 with Waterman's Florida Blue ink. It's quite a small pen but very comfortable to write with. I'm going to treat myself with some Diamine inks later in the week - probably Bilberry and Sargasso Sea Ink.

Edited by davidod
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• warblerick

• darazs

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This week has seen the CS 76 herringbone in use. This one is going to be used a lot - it has perfect balance for me, and I love the glass smooth broad oblique nib.

I will admit that I thought this was going to be a 55, but when it arrived yesterday it proved to be another 388. Seems to be the year for them! This one has had a replacement Conway Stewart #7 nib fitted. It has come up nicely and today I am using it with Diamine Green-Black. It is a stunning writer.

IMG_1707.JPG

I will admit that I thought this was going to be a 55, but when it arrived yesterday it proved to be another 388. Seems to be the year for them! This one has had a replacement Conway Stewart #7 nib fitted. It has come up nicely and today I am using it with Diamine Green-Black. It is a stunning writer.

IMG_1707.JPG

Lovely colour!

Enjoy

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

IMG_1707.JPG

Looks good, writes good...it's a winner. Nice one.

Churchill Excalibur, IF nib, Diamine Grey (I like greys to match the deep greys in the pen).

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Scored a Green Wordsworth LE at Dromgoole's Saturday. 18K F nib. NICE!! First C-S.

Pat Barnes a.k.a. billz

missuslovett

Some lovely pens there, now quite jealous. I'm not strictly speaking using a Conway Stewart today. I've currently got a Wyvern Prefect on the go but for some reason it has a Conway nib, so I'm nearly there!

Scored a Green Wordsworth LE at Dromgoole's Saturday. 18K F nib. NICE!! First C-S.

Congrats on the Wordsworth. :thumbup:

How's about a Piccy?

• 2 weeks later...

A CS 106

19010311978_450205e1be_b.jpg

That's a beaut!

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Today I am using my CS Belliver Borealis, after switching the nib back to its original IF, and doing some smoothing with micromesh, and opening the tines a bit with a brass shim. Now it is a fine writer once again, and I have it filled with the very wet J. Herbin Bleu Ocean, to see how they perform together. So far, so good.

View from the Loft

Currently inked are a modern CS100 with the Henry Simpole overlay cap band (Edelstein Onyx), a CS75 in blue with Diamine Midnight and a CS206 in red ripple with Diamine Deep Magenta.

______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

My three favorite Conway Stewart fountain pens, well my only three.

A Belliver "Bracket Brown" with EF nib,

A Churchill "Excalibur" with EF nib,

A Britannia with IM nib

post-96068-0-64703000-1435525516_thumb.jpg

Just sitting around doing my puzzles!

Dark blue 57.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Dark blue 57.

I'm using a Black 57 today. How's yours going, pajaro?