Which Conway Stewart Are You Using Today?

mallymal1

My Belliver Borealis with Akkerman Binnenhof Blue.

Is there an echo here;-)

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• warblerick

• darazs

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Afternoon C.S lovers, I thought I'd share with you my humble collection and my Conway of the day, a green hatched #58 with a medium Duro point.

From the top:

• 'The Empire Pen' c.1930s, broad left-hand oblique.
  • #55 c.1945, broad medium duro.
  • #77 c.1959, fine duro.
  • #58 c.1950, medium duro - The Pen of the Day!
  • #85l c.1960, rose and gold veined marble, medium point.
  • Conway #90 Ballpen c. 1958, blue and gold veined marble - Look out for a separate post regarding this beauty!
  • #25 Pencil c.1950s

post-124723-0-35375300-1552825585_thumb.jpg

post-124723-0-36581500-1552826323_thumb.jpg

W.S.P

That 58 looks to have a nice line, and a good flow. :thumbup:

The ball point looks wonderful. Looking foward to your post.

My modern CS 100 limited edition Coral Green, medium nib, No.12/50.

Using my avatar pen, which is also my grail pen, the amazingly beautiful 2006 Conway Stewart Windsor.

A 414 desk pen.

46572599655_4140c2bf49_b.jpg

The black body is showing signs of age, but the #5 nib at the heart of this pen is wonderful.

:thumbup:

Love the desk pen MalcolmH, do you write with it often? I'd love to see how she performs. Now you've gone and posted something for me to look out for!

W.S.P

W.S.P

My Churchill Combo (#65 of 200). Filled with Diamine Prussian Blue. GREAT pen

These are truly fabulous and massive pens. Which colour is it? A piccie please?

http://i65.tinypic.com/kcgqz7.jpg

I opted for the green herringbone 58

http://i67.tinypic.com/b7gj7o.jpg

In case you are wondering, i miss two colors...

This may be the wrong place to post this! Which Conway Stewart model has the broadest nib? Amongst the original VS range, not the modern CS, which sadly are no longer made.

"In case you are wondering, i miss two colors... "

Blue Hatch, Gold Herringbone and Silver Herringbone?

Yup, that is three... never ever seen/heard of the gold herringbone (not sure whether i should thank you... and its not referenced where i looked, curious to hear more from you), and the grey is of course famously rare (three known according to the book of numbers). Thus really chasing a blue hatch now...

Thanks!

Edited by darazs

There is a IBB DURO 2 on ebay currently, so that gives you an idea of what you can find.

Is that the price they fetch these days?

Just yesterday inked my CS Lawyer's B with Diamine Jet Black.

I had forgotten what a hefty piece this pen is!

Boz

I originally checked the missing colours in my box of spare 58s which is where I identified the Blue Hatch and then I resorted to Steve Hull's book. The table at the back doesn't have the grey/silver or the gold for 58s, but there is a picture of the former and a gold herringbone barrel - without imprint but same size as a 58/60 so I was teasing you a bit. I'm not aware of an actual gold herringbone 58 in existence.

Here is my CS Duro 26 (1933-41) in reversed cracked ice. This is a chunky pen with a large size Duro nib. I just finished restoring this pen, which came to me in pretty bad shape; the cap has shrunk and the original feed channel was eaten away. I finally found a suitable feed from a vintage Wahl Eversharp. I couldn't really fix the cap, so just left it as is. It doesn't look too bad and is perfectly functional. The nib is soft but not flexible and writes very well.

I haven't seen many of these Duro 26 around. Thought it might be interesting.

post-26009-0-26615500-1554495905_thumb.jpg