Which Conway Stewart Are You Using Today?

mallymal1

An early 1930's (flat peak & ball clip) 475 green marble with black veins bought at the London Pen Show yesterday. Has a fine nib which is perfect for the form filling I'm doing at the moment.

I also bought a similar black Conway which on closer inspection is a Svanstrom So Popular no.1.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• warblerick

• darazs

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An early 1930's (flat peak & ball clip) 475 green marble with black veins bought at the London Pen Show yesterday. Has a fine nib which is perfect for the form filling I'm doing at the moment.

I also bought a similar black Conway which on closer inspection is a Svanstrom So Popular no.1.

Sounds like you had a good show. Peter.

Good score with the Svanstrom. Any chance of some piccies?

Malc.

Winston - Black with Diamine Damson

Wellington - Classic brown with homemade Comminges …… two nice pens with fantastic nibs

Those were just the Conway Stewarts. I was even more happy with the others!

What can possibly be better than a green marble 475? :D

Do tell.

An onyx button fill Unique, an Olsen ladies Duofold, a massive (149 mm) Acca, a Duovac and olive ripple Waterman. Less better were a brown Unique and nos. grey Summit 160.

Winston - Black with Diamine Damson

Wellington - Classic brown with homemade Comminges …… two nice pens with fantastic nibs

So close! --Winston, black, with Diamine Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple--rich and distinctive, but suitable for work too.

A Montague with ESSRI and a 100 (2012 reissue) with Super Quink Blue-Black Solv-X. Two new CS that are actually quite good. shame about the company.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

That's a real beauty. In fact that's the pen that birthed my desire to own a 100. Enjoy.

Beautiful, that's my favorite Conway Stewart color. I would love to have a 100 in Poinsettia--have they all been sold? What are the chances of finding one these days?

Beautiful, that's my favorite Conway Stewart color. I would love to have a 100 in Poinsettia--have they all been sold? What are the chances of finding one these days?

I have not seen any offered for sale, certainly not new. It's been 5 years, that stock which was limited to begin with is long gone. Might find it occasional on the secondary market, but that's going to be very hoit or miss. And I would not mind owning one as well.

My 2005 CS 100 in Lava Red in Italic broad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/pens%20%20and%20pen%20reviews/P9280394.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/pens%20%20and%20pen%20reviews/P9280395.jpg

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I have not seen any offered for sale, certainly not new. It's been 5 years, that stock which was limited to begin with is long gone. Might find it occasional on the secondary market, but that's going to be very hoit or miss. And I would not mind owning one as well.

That's too bad. :( I looked for the closest possible colors to it since I noticed that some of the names have changed over the years. A less vivid variant--'Exmoor'--comes close, according to online images, but none are offered in the 100 version. Well I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for one. Let's see how long it takes to find it...

• 2 weeks later...

Winston Classic Claret medium with GMB. My only CS but one of my favourite pen/ink combinations.