Which Conway Stewart Are You Using Today?

mallymal1

I blagged a few bottles of Quink permanent black before I retired. I now have enough of it to see me out!

I like the 475 too. The barrel is a bit longer than the 286, the other CS staple of its day, although there is also a shorter bodied version. If I ever work out what I have I will list then, but until then suffice to say I have a few!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• warblerick

• darazs

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filled my CS27 in blue herringbone with Diamine Grey this morning, and have written it dry during the day. Wonderful pen, fabulous broad stub nib - it just floats along.

Think I'll ink up my CS200 for tomorrow.

I am using my Trafalgar. Beautiful pen with a fine italic nib. Skips a little on vertical strokes despite being back to Conway Stewart two or three times to look at. Worth using even with its annoying habit. :) Come to that, worth looking at anytime.

Edited by TDL

The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? 42 or Good fountain pens and Ink?

I am using my Trafalgar. Beautiful pen with a fine italic nib. Skips a little on vertical strokes despite being back to Conway Stewart two or three times to look at. Worth using even with its annoying habit. :) Come to that, worth looking at anytime.

Ahh, another happy Trafalgar owner. :cloud9:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

A blue marbled 286, with what has to be among the smoothest nibs I have ever used, and Herbin Éclat de Saphir is flowing from it today.

My "Medical Sciences" LE from Kevin Chang.

Essentially a Belliver with a chased ebonite body. The nib I have on it at the moment is an exceptionally springy IM that was crisped up by Pendelton Brown. It's inked with Sheaffer's Skrip Black.

David

Very nice pen....looks like it has a lot of character with the chasing....

:thumbup:

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Inked my Winston medium italic up with OMAS purple on Sunday and used it properly today

Very comfortable to use for such a big pen. I am very pleased with it.

As a fellow Winston owner, sounds good.....

Curious as to which color Winston you have?....mines a handsome Lapis Blue...

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Thank you warblerick for the advice. I bought a Belliever in Meteor. The nib seems better than my CS Montague! It looks like I will be saving for another one...

Ahh, the Meteor; very nice. A mesmerizing color!

I have been using my Belliver Poinsettia to finish my Christmas cards, filled with Mont Blanc White Forest green ink, another great pen/ink color combo, and very seasonal to boot.

As a fellow Winston owner, sounds good.....

Curious as to which color Winston you have?....mines a handsome Lapis Blue...

It has exceeded expectations :)

Mine is an understated black with silver trim.

Rather fancying one in the traditional red - is it rose crush CS call it?

Edited by da vinci

Christmas pens...two 286's and two 15's.

Inks...Diamine Delamere Green, Ruby Red, Poppy Red, and Meadow Green.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3673/11500533853_187849e649_o.jpg

:D

Hi Malcolm,

fantastic picture and lovely pens, thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas!

Thank you, Gerd, and a Merry Christmas to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I am using my new (for Christmas) CS Belliver Borealis, a stunning color in a pen that I already love. Wish I knew how to post photos so I could show it off. I got it with a fine italic nib and it is filled with CS Bodmin black ink. I got #2/50.

Got my wife a CS limited edition Amethyst 100 from Argent Blue at the Ohio pen show and gave it to her for Christmas. I inked it up for her today and took it for a little spin.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Oooooooo! I didn't know there was such a thing. Jealous. Have an amethyst Churchill & it's my favorite color!

Hauled out a Wellington IB in Heather I haven't used in ages.

I am using my Wellington my wife got me for Christmas.

The education of a man is never complete until he dies. Gen. Robert E. Lee

my 2005 cs 100 in lava red with its italic broad nib

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Here is a picture of the Amethyst CS 100 from Argent Blue website:

post-5351-0-77015900-1388612671.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 4 weeks later...

Just received my first ever Conway-Stewart in the post this morning! It is gorgeous - none of the pictures does it justice. :wub:

Does anybody know: what is the ink that comes with the pen? A dark green that reminds me of Diamine Evergreen.

fpn_1390581909__cs-1.jpg

Thanks to CS for the quick turnaround.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!