Which Conway Stewart Are You Using Today?

mallymal1

Got a new toy today, CS Winston in Classic Claret, IM nib. I need to work on my photography skills, I guess, but you get the idea... ;-)

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/CS-Winston.png

Edited by Baric

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• warblerick

• darazs

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sweet! :thumbup:

Thanks, Malcom!....stay tuned for more CS goodness.... ;)

Got a new toy today, CS Winston in Classic Claret, IM nib. I need to work on my photography skills, I guess, but you get the idea... ;-)

Congrats, on your new Winston..... IM nib....nice!....

maybe try putting pen near a daylight source when taking photo.....think will brighten up the pen so that we can really get a good idea of the color....just a thought....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Congrats, on your new Winston..... IM nib....nice!....

maybe try putting pen near a daylight source when taking photo.....think will brighten up the pen so that we can really get a good idea of the color....just a thought....

I took some better images outside today. I still had a problem with lint... geez, taking pictures of my new pen was harder than I thought it would be ;-)

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/CS-Winston-closed.png

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/CS-Winston-open.png

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/CS-Winston-nib.png

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/CS-Winston-engraving.png

I took some better images outside today. I still had a problem with lint... geez, taking pictures of my new pen was harder than I thought it would be ;-)

Much better, Baric!....now, I can see the nice color of your pen.......

As for the lint, you need one of those little cleaning cloths...like the kind for cleaning eyeglasses or computer displays....soft and lint-free....

then you'll be all set.....

Meanwhile, enjoy that beautiful pen.....

:thumbup:

Lava Red? Is that a vintage pen color? looks sort of like Meteor. Very nice though...

Nope a modern one from 2005

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Claret certainly suits the Winston, very nice choice of colour. If only they could make the Winston smaller to suit my hand!

Pelikan M600 //

Onoto Magna Classic Tortoiseshell //

Edison Glenmont 2014 LE Pearlized Wine Acrylic //

Delta Dolcevita Medium //

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/CS-Winston-closed.png

Worth the effort though, Baric. That Winston is a beauty. :thumbup:

I've used up the Sepia, so now the 100 Series is inked with Diamine Ancient Copper. :thumbup:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7456/11114547963_a0f21d5d2e_o.jpg

I love Diamine Ancient Copper, what a gorgeous color.

Well, I ignored the whisper of common sense (and the groans from my checking account) and got another Conway Stewart to write with and enjoy. It's a Belliver Nebula with an 18ct IF nib. Smooth, just a hint of softness, I love that the converter screws in instead of using a pressure fit. And the finish is out of this world ;-). It has a sense of depth when you turn it it slowly and the light reflects off of the red and blue flakes inside the barrel. While substantially lighter and smaller (both length and barrel/section diameter) than the Winston, it's still a very solid pen in the hand. It's the same length capped (longer uncapped) as my Pelikan M600 but with a wider section, which is nice, and with more heft. I need to put it through its paces this weekend, which I am looking forward to.

This is not my image, but it is the exact same pen:

Conway-Stewart-Belliver-Nebula.jpg

Bryant at Chatterley Luxuries/Pen Time was great to deal with. I may have to shop there again.

I've used up the Sepia, so now the 100 Series is inked with Diamine Ancient Copper. :thumbup:

Another beautiful pic of that gorgeous 100 pen with such nice ink color to match.....makes me wish that I'd kept my 100.....sigh......

Well, I ignored the whisper of common sense (and the groans from my checking account) and got another Conway Stewart to write with and enjoy. It's a Belliver Nebula with an 18ct IF nib. Smooth, just a hint of softness, I love that the converter screws in instead of using a pressure fit. And the finish is out of this world ;-). It has a sense of depth when you turn it it slowly and the light reflects off of the red and blue flakes inside the barrel. While substantially lighter and smaller (both length and barrel/section diameter) than the Winston, it's still a very solid pen in the hand. It's the same length capped (longer uncapped) as my Pelikan M600 but with a wider section, which is nice, and with more heft. I need to put it through its paces this weekend, which I am looking forward to.

Bryant at Chatterley Luxuries/Pen Time was great to deal with. I may have to shop there again.

That's quite a looker, Baric.....thanks for sharing....and yes, these CS pens are quite addictive.....and Bry makes it easier to do....

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7456/11114547963_a0f21d5d2e_o.jpg

Beautiful in every way - the pen, the writing, the leaf, the photo. Thanks for posting!

Another beautiful pic of that gorgeous 100 pen with such nice ink color to match.....makes me wish that I'd kept my 100.....sigh......

Thanks, ArchiMark. :thumbup:

Beautiful in every way - the pen, the writing, the leaf, the photo. Thanks for posting!

My pleasure, MisterBoll. :thumbup:

Conway-Stewart-Belliver-Nebula.jpg

Congrats, Baric. This could be the start of a beautiful collection! :)

Switched my CS 100 Coral Green's ink from Iro Asa-Gao to Conway Stewart Bodmin black. I had forgotten what a great smooth flowing ink this was. It almost feels like a "lubricating" ink. I feel like I should always have a pen inked up with it. Makes me want another color of CS ink.