Which Conway Stewart Are You Using Today?

mallymal1

CS #120 «Le Tigre» (equivalent to CS#100) and CS #77 «Red herringbone».

I have inked them with Callifolio inks.

http://data.nimages.fr/wo24wy.jpg

Very nice looking nibs! :thumbup:

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• warblerick

• darazs

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Marie...how did the 15 perform today?

That would be the later vintage 15. :D

Hi Malcolm

Yes my sprightly "young-ish" 1957 CS 15 performed like a thoroughbred :-) Seriously, I was very impressed. I gave it a real testing - writing for nearly 2 hours non-stop in the case conference and taking notes in 4 meetings almost back-to-back. It didn't hesitate. Ink flow was great - a nice wettish nib. No skipping or lessening of flow. It's the perfect size & weight for me for extended writing; I usually get an aching thumb after that amount of writing but not today.

I was surrounded by heathens tapping inanely into their netbooks, eyes fixed to their screens, whilst I happily engaged with my Rhodia meeting book and my lovely friendly (it's got that feeling) Conway Stewart.

I'm a very happy bunny :)

Marie

Verba volant, scripta manent

Hello Gerd, Good to hear that you are still using the 388...but I bet it's not as often as those beautiful P75's! :D

Yes, Malcolm, you are right, I love those 75s for a long time, their shape, performance and charism. Though I have to say, the CS 388 is a very nice and decent pen, too, and writes superbly. As said before, your Woodgrain Churchill looks great! :thumbup: All the best!

Hi Malcolm

Yes my sprightly "young-ish" 1957 CS 15 performed like a thoroughbred :-) Seriously, I was very impressed. I gave it a real testing - writing for nearly 2 hours non-stop in the case conference and taking notes in 4 meetings almost back-to-back. It didn't hesitate. Ink flow was great - a nice wettish nib. No skipping or lessening of flow. It's the perfect size & weight for me for extended writing; I usually get an aching thumb after that amount of writing but not today.

I was surrounded by heathens tapping inanely into their netbooks, eyes fixed to their screens, whilst I happily engaged with my Rhodia meeting book and my lovely friendly (it's got that feeling) Conway Stewart.

I'm a very happy bunny :)

Marie

That's brilliant, Marie! Sounds like you've got a good one. :thumbup:

I think it's wonderful, that a fifty+ year-old pen can still give so much writing pleasure.

Since I got my first Conway Stewart, a tidy marbled green 15, at the start of this week I haven't written with anything else at work. It's such an accommodating, unpretentious pen. I must have written the equivalent of about 25-30 pages of A4 in the past 2 days and I can honestly say it's been a pleasure.

What a fab little pen - it's like putting on an old pair of comfortable boots at the start of autumn, after a summer of wearing feet-scrunching, excrutiating and flimsy summer sandals.

Are CSs generally like this or have I just been very lucky with my first one?

Marie

ps sorry about the ridiculous analogy but you get my drift........

Since I got my first Conway Stewart, a tidy marbled green 15, at the start of this week I haven't written with anything else at work. It's such an accommodating, unpretentious pen. I must have written the equivalent of about 25-30 pages of A4 in the past 2 days and I can honestly say it's been a pleasure.

What a fab little pen - it's like putting on an old pair of comfortable boots at the start of autumn, after a summer of wearing feet-scrunching, excrutiating and flimsy summer sandals.

Are CSs generally like this or have I just been very lucky with my first one?

Marie

ps sorry about the ridiculous analogy but you get my drift........

We get your drift. :thumbup:

I do believe that CS pens are like that, with good nibs and a wonderful 'feel'.

Of course that 'feel', is a very personal thing. I like all CS pens, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

Where you have a good one, is in the fact that it writes well, for you, and you have enjoyed the 'writing experience' with this particular pen.

You always have to count your blessings when you find a pen which does that. ;)

Today, I shall mostly be using...

http://www.pbase.com/mallymal1/image/153073107/original.jpg

Unusual in that it has a straight lever. According to Jonathan's Book of Numbers, it was possibly made for CS rather than by CS themselves.

Has a 'warranted' nib, which writes ever so well.

cs 100 in lava red with italic broad nib

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

My thirsty Churchill, has finished off the Starry night...these wet broad nibs take some feeding!

So, after a thorough clean up, it's ready to go again with Diamine Salamander.

:thumbup:

My Autumn pen...

100 series bronze...Diamine Sepia.

http://www.pbase.com/mallymal1/image/153112197/original.jpg

Hope my scrawl doesn't offend too much. :blush:

How beautiful! What a lovely photo. I love that pen & the sepia works very well but I would be so tempted to try it with Ancient Copper :-)

Marie

How beautiful! What a lovely photo. I love that pen & the sepia works very well but I would be so tempted to try it with Ancient Copper :-)

Marie

When I've used up the Sepia, we shall do the Ancient Copper. :thumbup:

Awesome 100! :puddle:

This week: Churchill Classic Black on dark green Conway Stewart ink.

Last week: Montague & Capulet on Conway Stewart Kingsand (as eyedropper).

Cheers.

Today, my Conway Stewart No. 475.

I'm very Brit today, British pen, British pipe, English pipe blend :D

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/362614/362614_600.jpg

How on earth did it happen? How can one possibly use so many pens? Which one am I using today?!

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2867/10643652575_5a8772ba76_o.jpg

Just collected up all the Conway Stewarts that were lying around the flat. Time for a sort out!

Today, my Conway Stewart No. 475.

I'm very Brit today, British pen, British pipe, English pipe blend :D

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/362614/362614_600.jpg

A real gent. :thumbup:

How on earth did it happen? How can one possibly use so many pens? Which one am I using today?!

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2867/10643652575_5a8772ba76_o.jpg

Just collected up all the Conway Stewarts that were lying around the flat. Time for a sort out!

I'm betting there might be a few more than that? ;)

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

That must be a good looking pen, Georges. Do you have photo to share?