• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Masque

• egretsrus

• Prvt. Toter

• MKB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The second complication was the death of my dear son, who had in fact commented earlier in this thread. I just haven't been on top of things since.

Masque, I am so sorry to read that your son passed.

Is there anything I can do to help? I'm also in Portland.

Masque, I am so sorry to read that your son passed.

Is there anything I can do to help? I'm also in Portland.

If you want to help pack this all for shipping, or help me figure out where to get appropriate shipping boxes, that would be a great help.

Also Ive made progress on that blue black. Its not perfect though. But I have an idea for the next batch.

post-105553-0-49727200-1507319589_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Masque

Could we have a mini-work party at the next Portland meetup? (October 29th, I believe.) I'd be happy to help pack for a chance to buy a bottle.

As for shipping boxes, I have no ideas.

the economical penster - celebrating inexpensive pens!

For free shipping boxes just make a run down to your friendly neighborhood US Post Office. Somewhere in the corner are various sizes of Priority Mail shipping boxes (stored flat, you have to put it together.) You will, of course, have to send the ink off via Priority Mail but the cost is pretty close to shipping by First Class, and you get the benefit of tracking and $50 of insurance included with Priority.

All the Best.

For free shipping boxes just make a run down to your friendly neighborhood US Post Office. Somewhere in the corner are various sizes of Priority Mail shipping boxes (stored flat, you have to put it together.) You will, of course, have to send the ink off via Priority Mail but the cost is pretty close to shipping by First Class, and you get the benefit of tracking and $50 of insurance included with Priority.

All the Best.

You get tracking with First Class, too.

Go to an office supply store and buy a bunch of small boxes. It'll be way cheaper than shipping flat rate, since a single bottle of ink isn't that heavy. Shouldn't cost more than $5 per box, shipping included.

Heard back from Luxury Brands USA (Noodler's Distributor). They're very interested and are passing this thread on to Nathan.

Nice.

I hope Nathan likes it. I wonder if he'll reach out to me.

Nice.

I hope Nathan likes it. I wonder if he'll reach out to me.

I'm sure he will - seems like his kind of ink. I'll bet you'll hear from him. Maybe after he gets this whole safety pen thing sorted out, sounds like getting that straightened away is taking up a lot of his time at the moment

This could be one of their best inks, ever.

Masque, like so many, I continue to send love and prayers to you and your family. Please know, we keep you in our hearts.

My life is full of mistakes. They're like pebbles that make a good road.

Beatrice Wood

• 2 weeks later...

Watching this thread with anticipation. I love the shading and the color range of this mixture (staying on the blue side rather than green). Thanks for the hard work!

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

• 2 months later...

Just found this thread looking thought ink recipes.

A status report?

Since I’m missing the Manhattan Black may try the other version of turq/yellow and black.

Anyone try it with Zhivago? May not be black enough but think it has the yellow part

• 2 months later...

I've heard nothing more from the Noodler's folks.

No promises on mixing any up myself but I will put together a plan and figure out the logistics.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to find a vendor that has Old Manhattan Blackest Black... no luck yet. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Fountain Pen Hospital exclusive

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Thanks so much! That explains why I couldn't find it. I didn't know it was an exclusive ink.

And I'm not embarrassed to say (as you can see by the number of posts I have, I'm pretty new to fountain pens)... I didn't know about the Fountain Pen Hospital. So, this was great information.

thanks again,

RichA

• 8 months later...

Fountain Pen Hospital exclusive

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com

I love the looks of this mix and am going to attempt to mix a batch myself . If Noodlers decides to do this ,what is the chance , given past record for inks being different from batch to batch , that they will produce a match that is reliable ?

Eddie

Edited by EdwardSouthgate

• 3 months later...

Saw this topic and loved the ink...have all three required components. Did this thing just die or whatever happened? Anyone?