Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Can I Avoid Staining Issues Like This?

Hoping not to break the forum rules, I recently purchased a sample of what some call the brightest blue ink available from the Tardiff stable of inks.

Concerned over staining threats.... I have and really like my Kaweco Ice Sport. I have modified one of its cartridges so I can refill it with any ink I choose, via a needle syringe (works great). I was thinking I could try the BSB in that cartridge and if it becomes uncleanable, no real loss. However, am I creating an issue with the Kaweco's feed?

Lookin to use the ink to see what all the commotion is!

Thanks ...

"Tis true, men are destined for short, brutal lives ... and women - long, miserable ones." :yikes:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Avocet

• jgrasty

• Sandy1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually use Baystate Blue in a Parker Sonnet Cisele, as that color won't stain sterling silver (though it did lightly stain the converter). I've also used it without issue in a Kaweco Classic Sport in the same manner you propose, though there was some staining that was easily removed with a little bit of TLC.

Hi,

+1

For the rare times that NBsBl comes out to play, I'm a bit fussy to avoid a tedious clean-up and the use of stronger-than-water chemicals.

I use a c/c filler: Add ink to the converter using a syringe, attach the converter, orient the pen nib downmost over a container that's going for recycling, flood the feed+collector, retract the converter piston, slip on my sunnies then run-out the excess ink on scrap paper until the flow is even.

For clean-up, I don't soak the section - just flushing / back-flushing, with the waste water+ink going into the container that's going for recycling. The converter is cleansed using the syringe, in effect cleansing both the syringe & the converter.

If you plan to carry your pen+NBsBl, be a bit careful so that ink doesn't collect inside the cap.

OBTW, diluting NBsBl with ~20% [distilled] water will help reduce likelihood of feathering & line-width gain on lesser papers.

Bye,

S1

__ __

Noodler's Baystate Blue - Dilution: 100, 80, 66 & 40% https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/180675-dilution-noodlers-baystate-blue/

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.