What's On Your Wishlist?

Hema

The only definites on my wish list at the moment are a TWSBI Vac Mini when those arrive and a Graf Von Faber Castell Intuition Platino in wood - the oversize version with the huge nib. If money were no object then things like a MB Hemingway (or even a 139) and probably a custom Nakaya with a chinkin/chinkoku design - but those may have to wait until the mortgage is paid off... 3 years and 11 months to go!

Edited by PaulT00

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hema

• migo984

• Edwaroth

• fpconverted

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh, where to begin :D

My list would probably make me several thousand dollars (perhaps tens of thousands; I haven't bothered to calculate it) poorer in a very short time. I wrote this a couple of weeks ago, and it's a pretty good representation of what I would go out and buy immediately if I were to ever win the lottery.

I also have a list of >40 inks that I want to purchase...

post-105903-0-14712400-1382302793_thumb.jpg

“I say, if your knees aren’t green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”-Calvin

A Pelikan M1000

A Nakaya in ao-tamenuri (I think that is the blue one)

A Nakaya portable writer sumiko "Skull" pen

MB 149s in the nib sizes that I don't have.

Not pen related:

The Stanley Cup in St. Louis

Sorry -- its time for the Stanley Cup to return home to the Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit....!

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

Top of the list:

Parker Duofold Centennial (either M or B nib) in green marbled (circa 1992) together with either a RB or BP ( and a 0.9 propelling pencil

Parker Duofold brown pin stripe BP; this will complete my set -- I already have the Centennial FP and the pencil

Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

Ever since I realized I wanted to collect and use fountain pens it really led me to Mont Blanc. I love silver, platinum and chrome designed pens and when I actually saw the MONT BLANC Meisterstuck Solitaire SIlver Barley pattern fountain pen It was love at first sight and I knew eventually I have to acquire this pen and engage it in my small but functional collection. Thank God I have a MB boutique in my city. This is 100% PERFECT in all respects of design, manufacture, and nib style and type.

Next year will mark the 3 year remission dateline from being diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma. Since early 2011 ive gone through leaps and bounds and as a fond person of hand writing in journals, I lost that ability. I went through intensive chemo and a bone marrow transplant which affected and damaged the nerves in my body. Up until a year ago I was not able to open a contact lens case BUT I am able to type NOW on the computer today and actually enjoy handwriting again.

So next year, my purchase of this pen will signify a battle nearly won of 3 yrs remission of a rare form of cancer. That pen will be an inspiration to me and a reminder of how strong we really are as human beings. When I was diagnosed with cancer, and after all of those harsh treatments to treat it, I never ever thought in a million years ironically that I would write again ever. Ive been doing a lot of that lately as my hand and motor control has finally come back from the nerve damage and the reversal process is well on its way. IF also possible I will engrave "strength" as well as the reminder.

I am now an avid fan of fountain pens and also the culture as well and will try my best next spring to pay a visit to my local MB boutique in town in spring 2014. Im excited and giddy. I cant wait!!!

post-106824-0-19176000-1382620237.jpg

Edited by fpconverted

I'm currently re-working my collection, so in the near term -- following the sale of a few pens -- I'll be getting a Pilot Custom Heritage 91 and a Stipula Model T.

I've also realized I need to start exercising some more restraint/strategic decision-making in my purchases. Therefore, my future 5 year purchasing plan with one "pen of note" per year is:

2014: Waterman Carene Black Seas

2015: Aurora 88

2016: Pelikan M805 Blue Stripe

2017: Montblanc 146 Platinum

2018: Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Maxi

There may be a few more "affordable" purchases mixed in there as well...

Now the challenge is to exercise the necessary restraint... :)

I wouldn't know where to begin or where my list would end!

Still working on my list - I keep updating as it is dynamic, almost alive. Pens keep getting added and also coming off the list (a lot slower than the additions, I must say) so the list keeps growing (2 pages of A5 paper, at last count).

Top few pens currently on the list are:

DREAM-LIST

Namiki Urushi Chinkin

Sailor Lord Venkateshwara Pen

Caran d'Ache Lord Balaji Pen

REALISTIC LIST

Visconti Homo Sapiens Oversize Bronze

Delta Dolcevita Oversize

Aurora 88

Yard-O-Led Retro Grand

Parker Duofold Centennial

Fountain pen geek, bibliophile, aspiring audiophile.

Love Single Malt, Coffee, Beer.

Corporate slave by day.

Pursuing Inner Peace.

Slytherin, INTJ.

Follow me on Instagram @thepenperson

Follow me on Twitter @thepenperson

I like making pen sets so number one on the wist list is a P51 Plum pencil. I have a P51 Plum FP .

I keep looking looking looking. When it's my turn to get it I'll be happy. That said I just buy what I like

until then.

Pelikan 400nn with EF or F

Decent P51 fine or medium lustraloy cap

Pilot custom 74 or 91 with SF or SFM

Battered and cracked Lamy 27 to use its nib on my Lamy 2000

Pilot 823

Parker 51

Pelikan M1000

Unlikely-

MB 1912 Heritage

Uggghhh... what happened to me? I used to say "I only need a small handful of pens" that are daily users and I'm not going to collect, blah blah blah. Now I have an Edison, a Visconti, an MB, a Pelikan, and 4 Vanishing Points (love those!!).

A Grayson Tighe - Odin's eye.

And a custom 139 by brad torelli.

Hmmm. A turquoise patrician too.....

Brazillian green wahl decoband.

A conid bulkfiller flat top.

A conway stewart 100 in blue stardust

Oh. Oh. The wishlist is growing. I better stop.

:-)

A realistic future purchase which I'm unable to justify right now due to moving house soon: Lamy 2000 with a customised nib.

A dream pen: Conway Stewart Yellow Swirl, no longer made and hard to source.

An "if I win the lottery or marry a millionaire" pen: a high end Maki-e or the red one with the subtle picture of a cat on it.

Oh well, the Lamy will be living with me soon, I hope.

A Grayson Tighe - Odin's eye.

And a custom 139 by brad torelli.

Hmmm. A turquoise patrician too.....

Brazillian green wahl decoband.

A conid bulkfiller flat top.

A conway stewart 100 in blue stardust

Oh. Oh. The wishlist is growing. I better stop.

:-)

How's your Montegrappa Gea treating you Rishi? One hell of an expensive instrument, and one hell of a rich guy to be able to afford it :rolleyes:

Hi There Hema,

Salaam from India and let me tell you, very very delighted to find a fellow Indian FPNer who's a lady. Rarely have I seen an Indian Lady who's so interested in FPs, much less participate in forums like these.

My personal opinion on what's a good FP to buy, away and digressing from your post, is that FC Pure Emotion, as someone has rightly put is pretty chunky and unless you have large hands you'll have to put more effort to write.

I've kind of become a fan of Pelikan M200, sweet wet writer and little weight. And very very easily available at a sub 100 USD budget. In case you choose to re consider your decision.

Aside, to what my wish list is...

A. Caran d'Ache Gotica - very beautiful FP but in INR easily 1L+ in terms of value if new.

B. I've loved the Urushi lot, and I'd just go for Nakaya Long Cigar. The beauty it radiates is in it's finish and is like zen. Silent, not too ostentatious, infact sublime, and yet when you touch it, you realise that it's worth every penny paid.

C. OMAS extra lucens, beautiful intriguing texture and always upwards of 700 USD, unless found one on a forum like this.

It's a wish list, can go on and on, but for the time being, if I manage all this in 1500 USD (which is a miracle), I'll be over the top.

Signing off (with taps on key pad and an M200 lying nearby, waiting to be used).

A LAMY Dialog 3, with an extra-fine, is at the top off my list, but I would really appreciate thoughtful comments and/or criticism on this pen BEFORE I take the plunge.

Darn, I was doing so well at having modest ambitions. Then I saw the Nakaya Decapod....

questions questions, too many questions...

My wish list contains only two pens: Pelikan 600 with a modifed B nib (italic) and a Delta Dolce Vita piston filler with a stub nib

Cheers,

Pierre

A LAMY Dialog 3, with an extra-fine, is at the top off my list, but I would really appreciate thoughtful comments and/or criticism on this pen BEFORE I take the plunge.

I love the pen, overall, but, due to my writing technique (I keep my index finger on the front of the pen, right where the clip is), I am not going to buy it. Otherwise, it's a beautiful pen, no doubt. I used to have a Studio with the EF gold nib, and nit was wonderful. I bet the nib on the Dialog 3 would be as nice.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

My wish list (Not necessarily in order of desire): a Pelikan M400 with a fine nib in blue (my favorite color), a Parker Duofold Centenial in the marble blue or white, a Namiki Falcon, a Namiki Heritage 92, a Parker 75 Sterling Cicele, and a Waterman Hemisphere (just so I can say I own a Waterman.)

<p><span style="font-size:18px;">"And the final score is No TARDIS, no screwdriver, two minutes to spare. Who da Man!?! (long silence) I am never saying that again. Fine."- The Doctor </span>