Chelpark Company History

Mesu

If someone really needs some Chelpark ink, stationerybazaar.com (no affiliation) seems to have some stock of Blue-Black ink.

Deepak

A lifelong FP user...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Mesu

• Jerome Tarshis

• kb.fpn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did recently buy a few bottles of Chelpark. While reading this did a quick check on the dates. All are 2012 or earlier. So I guess its true. Pretty unfortunate though. I have been using Chelpark inks continuously since 1984/5 and its going to be hard to start using another ink :( .

Can anyone suggest inks that are similar in consistency and the deep blue of their royal blue?

Deepak

Bril blue is a nice deep blue colour. I will post some scans tomorrow for comparison.

• 11 months later...

Hi All,

It appears that Chelpark (P G Stationery Pvt Ltd) has resumed manufacturing inks. I have very recently collected a couple of Washable Blue ink bottles with date of packing as 08/2014. The price is 20 INR/bottle. I am in Kolkata and further search for Chelpark ink has not yielded any result. Can anyone confirm if these are available in other cities?

Kasuhik.

Hi All,

It appears that Chelpark (P G Stationery Pvt Ltd) has resumed manufacturing inks. I have very recently collected a couple of Washable Blue ink bottles with date of packing as 08/2014. The price is 20 INR/bottle. I am in Kolkata and further search for Chelpark ink has not yielded any result. Can anyone confirm if these are available in other cities?

Kasuhik.

yes, it is available in bangalore, i saw them for sale two weeks back...

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thanks Hari. Thats's what I've seen also.

And it was great finally talking to you. I've enjoyed your reviews here at FPN immensely.

blue and black only. IIRC

Thanks Hari. Thats's what I've seen also.

And it was great finally talking to you. I've enjoyed your reviews here at FPN immensely.

:)

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

And on a sidenote, our local manufacturer SULEKHA has fresh stocks of ink in their showroom at Jadavpur, Kolkata. Currently offering Blue, Black, Green (Emerald), Turquoise, Red. No orange, brown, blue-black, moss green or pink though.

• 3 weeks later...

Kb, that sounds exciting! How can someone living in another city order Sulekha inks?

I've been hunting for Chelpark's Crimson Violet ever since I finished my bottle a year ago. Any leads on where to get Chelpark's NOS ink? (except blue and black)

"When in doubt, write."

-- Bangalore, India

Kb, that sounds exciting! How can someone living in another city order Sulekha inks?

I've been hunting for Chelpark's Crimson Violet ever since I finished my bottle a year ago. Any leads on where to get Chelpark's NOS ink? (except blue and black)

I have a pack of crimson violet, which is too pink for me. if you can't find it anywhere, give me a shout. We can swap inks :)

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

you're welcome. :)

And on a sidenote, our local manufacturer SULEKHA has fresh stocks of ink in their showroom at Jadavpur, Kolkata. Currently offering Blue, Black, Green (Emerald), Turquoise, Red. No orange, brown, blue-black, moss green or pink though.

Thanks for info!

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

inkyvini, I trust that you have found Crimson Violet from anirban4u. It is a lovely shade.

I have! He has given me an offer I couldn't refuse. : )

Is it possible for Sulekha to ship inks to other Indian cities, kb?

"When in doubt, write."

-- Bangalore, India

Oh, I don't know. They are reluctant even to send ink bottles to local shops of Kolkata! I have requested the owners of stationery shops that I frequent to ask Sulekha for some consignment. This they have done, but to no avail. People at Sulekha are determined to sell their ink bottles only from their outlet at Jadavpur and do not seem very interested in wider circulation of their product. Perhaps they do not properly understand the huge potential market that they are missing. But you can always call them. Try: http://sulekhaink.co.in/contacts.htm

Edited by kb.fpn

Well, kind words indeed. :D :P

I should say that I rec'd the better offer :D

• 5 months later...

Is it actually necessary to telephone Chelpark and depend upon the information given by the person who picks up the telephone? Surely the mother country of the Indian Institute of Technology has some IT capabilities.

Should I wish to find out about the current situation of let us say Camel ink or Camlin pens, I can travel by the magic of IT to www.kokuyacamlin.com. Ditto for Bril ink, admittedly not distributed very much outside of South India: www.brilindia.com will take me to virtual Bangalore. Tiny pen manufacturers are selling online. Chelpark is a rather popular manufacturer, it would seem. May we not consult its Web site?

I wish Indian FPNers the best of luck, but must we look at the date labels on ink bottles to find out what's happening with a pretty major ink supplier? The country has newspapers, and even a business press.