Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Noodlers Ahab As An Eye-Dropper....?

mbankirer

Both of my (2) Noodlers Ahab pens are filled as eye-droppers. They hold A LOT of ink but also write very WET!

At about the 'half-full' mark, ink flows, unimpeded out the nib! Is this just the air pressure at work? Is it worse because I am in Colorado 'at altitude'? Half-full is still a lot of ink!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lalindsay225

• Chthulhu

• recluse

• mbankirer

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is that people keep recommending using Ahab as an eyedropper because of huge ink capacity but when I randomly asked a few of them whether they had any problems, all of them turned out to never use Ahab as an eyedropper. I'm yet to hear about a success story.

Complaints similar to yours, on the contrary, are easy to find. I had the same problem with my Ahab and I had to use a Sheaffer feed to remedy it. I've meant to make a post about this for a while but somehow keep postponing.

Both of my (2) Noodlers Ahab pens are filled as eye-droppers. They hold A LOT of ink but also write very WET!

At about the 'half-full' mark, ink flows, unimpeded out the nib! Is this just the air pressure at work? Is it worse because I am in Colorado 'at altitude'? Half-full is still a lot of ink!

The reason this happens is that the heat from your hand causes the air in the pen to expand, forcing out the ink. It's just something that happens with eyedropper pens, as far as I know.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC