Parker 45 Grip Section With 4 Depressions

Viblir

Hi

I've just bought a parker 45 with a grip section that has 4 equially placed depression, they are placed at 12,3,6 and 9 oclock. they are smooth and contain no ridges unlike other shaped grips i've seen. In fact this is the first Parker 45 I've seen without a totaly round grip section.

Does any one out there have any info on this?

Pen is a parker 45 flighter, gold nib with silver coloured (chrome) trim and tassie at the end of the barrel.

Regards

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• penrivers

• Viblir

• Eccles

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one like that; from what I could find, the (mis-)shaping was put down to shrinkage of the section plastic, not design.

It was a neat grip effect though, and looked deliberate.

It will be interesting to see what your question turns up.

Glenn.

The depressions are caused by pressure from the 4 clutch fingers inside the cap, their purpose is to hold the cap tight but over time cause the section to distort - the fact that there are 4 shows that the pen hasn't been used much, a pen that sees more use can have a narrowing all the way round the section because the clutch fingers locate in a different postition each time it's cap is replaced. :thumbup:

^^^^ That there. What he said.

I have heard it suggested to store unmarred 45's (sections) with the caps off to the lesson the chance of "indenture". ;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Guys

Many thanks for your replies, it makes sence,,,,, kinda looking in the cap the legs are visable. And when the cap goes on it rotates itself to alinge with the depressions, they just look so deliberate.

Can't find the flag for Shetland

Do you mean this? at first I tought those perfect concavitis each aligned 90 degrees in 360 degrees were made from Factory but nop, I checked inside the cap and it is true, can see the clutchs. The reason that I keep this pen is thet it belonged to a brother in the university and as you can see it is the only example I have of a p45 made in México (hecho en México) as you see it in the cap.

fpn_1381191373__img_0155_copy.jpg

fpn_1381191525__img_0157_copy.jpg

You can replace the front section. The nib screws right out.

The section won't have any markings on it and a USA one will look just like the Mexican one (in black anyway).

Someone had them awhile back in the classifieds for around $10 each and they were NOS. FWIW, the indentions

are cosmetic only and don't affect the pen writing. While my favorite 45 with a Masuyama CI in it is minty otherwise,

it does have the dents. I just don't worry about them.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

2012-04-23_16-26-10_516.jpg

Thanks Bruce, this autumn I am in my very strong procrastination stage but undoubtly I am going to send it to sombady. Pity that I feel Pendemonium or Teri arent in the

full restoration stage I have xtreme confidence in them.