What Pens From The Land Of The Rising Sun Are You Carrying Today?

Painterspal

Wow, Dillon! Is that a recent picture of your M90? It's holding up very well. Love my M90!

So happy to hear you are enjoying your Myu, Julie. Your article about your note-taking pen journey was neat to read. Who knew that type of pen is why you started down the fountain pen path!

The Myu pen line is a timeless design.

Yes, that's a pretty recent picture of my Myu. It's holding up really well, and it's really nice to use.

Dilon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• zaddick

• da vinci

• Oranges and Apples

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two pens today with extreme nib widths. :)

A standard Platinum 3776 with the C nib loaded with Platinum Blue-Black ink. (writes stubbish M when inverted)

Pilot Elite 95S Black in EF with Pilot Black ink.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Just two:

Hakase Buffalo Horn F, Hougado Pen Gallery Sailor Indigo Blue-Black

Hakase Rosewood F, Bung Box Sailor Witch's Purple

I'd love to see photos of the Hakase buffalo horn...

I'd love to see photos of the Hakase buffalo horn...

As you wish!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8466/8383902854_ee74fe4fae_c.jpghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8464/8383902668_a182fedde3_c.jpgAnd with the Rosewood (and a 149)...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7382/9294428972_69eaea5cae_c.jpg

Plenty more photos here....

Too many pens; too little writing.

Refilled my Justus 95 and keeping it in the current rotation.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Pilot custom 823 & Sailor Pro Gear with BLACK VELVET Brown Lame Body. I also have several brush pens from sailor and Kuretake.

Btw, can anyone teach me how to add photos to posts? Thanks

http://josephchow42.smugmug.com/SmugPreview/FPN/i-RXgD3pQ/0/O/phpPA0FkQPM.jpg

I always carry at least one capless/vanishing point. This week its my newest - the Pilot Capless White Kasuri (Carbonesque) pictured at far left. It is quickly becoming a favorite. They are great pens and when you add a custom stub or CI it is close to perfection.

http://i.imgur.com/Bftqofd.png

Today I'm carrying a Sailor Pro Gear Slim, inked with Diamine Salamander (love!) and Platinum Kanazawa-Haku Goldfish inked with Iroshizuku Momiji.

• 2 years later...

Two Pilot Preras with

the "CM" steel nib - a sort of cursive italic stub .

These pens write so well that I find them as easy to reach for and

as fun to write with as any of my other pens, some of which cost ten times as much.

http://i.imgur.com/Na5XFHL.png

"Carrying" interpreted as in bag or pocket(s) - not just at home:

Pilot Custom 743 sfm

Pilot Metal Falcon sf

Pilot Falcon sef

Sailor 1911L m

Sailor 1911 L Z (zoom nib)

:D

Edited by Moynihan

"I am a dancer who walks for a living" Michael Erard

"Reality then, may be an illusion, but the illusion itself is real." Niklas Luhmann

My ever-present VP Stealth, filled with Sailor Sei-boku, and an Amber 823 with Ancient Copper. I'm missing my 912 PO & Clear 823 FA - they are loaned to a fountain pen friend, and away on holidays to Indo and Thailand! I just sold him the 823 though to raise funds for another obsession purchase (Saint Laurent handbag), so won't be getting that one back again.

The VPs and 823s are to me the perfect pen, I love them both. I have impure thoughts about collecting all colours of the 823s and all Raden VPs! :blush:

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

• 8 months later...

1 Eboya Kyoka Msize M Sailor Seiboku

2 Platinum 3776 Nice B Sailor Fluorescence Yellow

3 Classicpens LB5 Amethyst Mauve M Sailor Seiboku

4 Pilot Custom845 Beniurushi M Graf von Faber-Castell Garnet Red

5 Pilot 95 Anniversary M Pilot Iroshizuku Kujaku

Pilot Capless Silver colour with steel fine nib inked with Private Reserve electric dc blue and Sailor professional gear sapporo black GT with 14 ct fine nib inked with Waterman Intense Black

Japanese inks dominate my pen case more than Japanese pens...though I'm working on changing that! Don't have a photo of my Japanese pens on hand, so here's a quick glance at my EDC nibs:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5322/9967130665_2cf776e916_c.jpg

P1050866 by Jiadepix, on Flickr

The pertinent pens would be the Platinum GLAMOUR (M nib, 1st from left), vintage Pilot with shiro nib (semi-flex F, 3rd from left), & Danitrio Takumi (flexy EEF, 2nd from right).

Also waiting on a vintage Daimaru in the mail...and my custom Hakumin Edison, which won't be done for a few months. ^_~

EDIT: for nib sizes

What Japanese inks do you use?