What Pens From The Land Of The Rising Sun Are You Carrying Today?

Painterspal

Isn't that the third different pen I've seen you use today, and what the heck is that anyway? So asked a work colleague, bemused by my somewhat unusual choice of writing instrument.

Nothing unusual about the question, although many people are too polite to ask - they just have a surreptitious glance :) - but it prompted the question - what do we carry around with us. So here's what I had in my bag today... three Danitrios and one Nakaya, a Pilot and a Sailor. All bar one have fine/extra fine nibs.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/minkapics/pens_MF15672.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/minkapics/pens_MF15674.jpg

So what are you carrying?

D A N i T R i O f e l l o w s h i p

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• zaddick

• da vinci

• Oranges and Apples

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 Niji F nib

1 Pilot Namiki gold ring M nib

1 Pilot Metropolitan M nib

1 Sailor clear candy F nib

1 Pilot Cavalier F nib

Be Happy, work at it. Namaste

I *need* your collection of Japanese pens! Fabulous!

Mine are not quite that gorgeous. I carry my cheapy Platinum Cool everywhere. Great for scribbling and sketching. Lovely responsive nib for a sub £30 pen. I have a Sailor with a F55 nib and a dinky colourful royal blue Prera. I usually have my PTL-5000 too.

I don't carry my #3776 Shoji or Chartres Blue around.

All mine have F/EF nibs too.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Pilot Justus 95

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Woaw! Beautiful carry, Painterspal!

Today I'm carrying 2 Danitrios, 1 Platinum Kanazawa-Haku, Pilot Heritage 92, and, uh, a non-Japanese pen. :)

Nibs EEF, F, FM, and EF (even on the Edison, a grind by Mr. Masuyama).

If anyone notices at my office (a local coffee house), no one says anything!

http://peaceablewriter.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/jdeedc1.jpg

Edited by jde

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

You too jde, nice selection. My Fellowship pen doesn't often leave home!

Two Nakayas...

Black urushi Cigar and Kuro Tamenuri Naka ai Cigar...

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee372/persco2/EDC/DSC01151-1_zps2521dd27.jpg

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee372/persco2/EDC/DSC01149-1_zpscb42f70a.jpg

Isn't that the third different pen I've seen you use today, and what the heck is that anyway? So asked a work colleague, bemused by my somewhat unusual choice of writing instrument.

Nothing unusual about the question, although many people are too polite to ask - they just have a surreptitious glance :) - but it prompted the question - what do we carry around with us. So here's what I had in my bag today... three Danitrios and one Nakaya, a Pilot and a Sailor. All bar one have fine/extra fine nibs.

<Pictures deleted to save on bandwidth for Painterspal>

So what are you carrying?

Beautiful pens, Painterspal! I also like your pen wrap - mind telling us where you got it from? Would you mind showing us the other side of the wrap too?

Here's what in my pen wrap today. Not the best photo but I'm still getting the hang of my new phone camera.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/10090843545_5e25ffb133_b.jpg

Sailor KOP with Crosspoint nib, Namiki Yukari Royale with Medium nib, Pilot Custom 845 with Broad nib, Namiki Vanishing Point in Raden with Binder Italifine 0.9 mm, Sailor Sterling Silver 1911 with Naginata-Togi Broad nib.

Japanese inks dominate my pen case more than Japanese pens...though I'm working on changing that! Don't have a photo of my Japanese pens on hand, so here's a quick glance at my EDC nibs:

P1050866 by Jiadepix, on Flickr

The pertinent pens would be the Platinum GLAMOUR (M nib, 1st from left), vintage Pilot with shiro nib (semi-flex F, 3rd from left), & Danitrio Takumi (flexy EEF, 2nd from right).

Also waiting on a vintage Daimaru in the mail...and my custom Hakumin Edison, which won't be done for a few months. ^_~

EDIT: for nib sizes

Edited by Jadie

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

I'm doing a Nakaya Piccolo cigar and a Pilot Grange.

Could you identify the pens you showed in the photo? I'm wondering about the second one (brownish): is that a Nakaya or a Danitrio? Also found the 3rd very attractive.

This week, the only Japanese nib I have is a Pilot #5 EF, but it is in a TWSBI Diamond 540. The other pens are Edisons, including the Double-Ended Pearl.

Normally, a Danitrio Sho-Hakkuku is also on board.

Platinum 3776 with music nib, Sailor mid size 1911 with zoom nib, Sailor mid size 1911 with music nib, Pilot 74 Custom with broad nib, Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point with broad nib.

Sailor Nagasawa Kobe pen and a Nakaya Dorsal fin I

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

My pen case(s) have quite a few pens from Japan currently! I've always appreciated Pilot, but I've recently been reaching for them more and more. I have never gone without at least one Nakaya loaded since I got my first :)

Pilot: Justus 95 F, Custom 823 (clear) F, Vanishing Point F. 90th Anniversary (raden-toki) M.

Nakaya: Decapod Twist (ao-tamenuri) SF, Mini Decapod Writer M.

Platinum: sterling silver model from the 70s, F nib. (Not sure of the exact name of this style. It's awesome though!)

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

Wow, there's some fabulous pens on the road with you guys. Let's see some more of your pictures - we need more pictures!

I'm doing a Nakaya Piccolo cigar and a Pilot Grange.

Could you identify the pens you showed in the photo? I'm wondering about the second one (brownish): is that a Nakaya or a Danitrio? Also found the 3rd very attractive.

The pens in my original post from left to right are:

Purple Danitrio Takumi (flat top) in Kara-nuri

Nakaya Long Piccolo in Heki-tamenuri

Danitrio Takumi in Kuro-shibori (lovely feel in the hand, that one - unpolished, very slightly rough but not like a true stone finish)

Pilot Vanishing Point (for the more staid meetings I sometimes attend!)

Sailor KOP in raw ebonite

Danitrio Hakkaku in Aka-tamenuri

They sometimes vary, but most are regular fixtures in my bag.

The case is by someone called Nan, who used to advertise them here on FPN. I have a couple but sadly I don't think she makes them any more. I'd certainly buy more if she did! I'll post front/back pictures when I'm home.

No photos, but with me today are:

Nakaya Decapod Writer Heki Tamenuri (CI-M w/ Iroshizuku Chiku-Rin)

Platinum Izumo Urushi Kuro Tamenuri (F w/ Platinum Black)

Hakase Rosewood (F w/ Iroshizuku Shin Kai)

Hakase Buffalo Horn (F w/ Sailor Jentle Bung Box Witch's Purple)

But...

My custom Nakaya is arriving today! So excited!

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.