• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• Mister Mont Blanc

• arandur

• cybaea

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As an update to my post above, I called my local MB boutique and the nice lady I spoke with didn't know new inks were coming out, or that Midnight Blue was being discontinued/replaced. She suggested to call back in a few weeks.

good next time I go to my penshop I will ask one of each

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

As an update to my post above, I called my local MB boutique and the nice lady I spoke with didn't know new inks were coming out, or that Midnight Blue was being discontinued/replaced. She suggested to call back in a few weeks.

This is what happened to me. All very nice but all shining at 25 watts.

I just dropped by the Dallas boutique and the manager had no information about these new inks and seemed concerned that there was a product coming out that he had no knowledge of. He said that he would check with marketing and get back to me. Will update if I hear anything!

They are probably doing a phased rollout. They seem to be available in a few boutiques here in the UK and at one online shop that I know but most have not got them yet.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

• 3 weeks later...

Last Friday, I was informed that the inks had arrived at the San Francisco, California boutique. They needed to be entered into the sales system. Today, I was told that they were now available for sale. The boxes of cartridges are priced at 9 USD, the bottle of permanent blue is priced at 17 USD, and the bottle of permanent black is priced at 28 USD.

The permanent black looks nicer (in my opinion) than Montblanc's current black...it is too bad that the permanent black is more expensive.

Edited by arandur

Built from Ink and Tea: A Blog about Lego, Fountain Pens, and...Tea!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png

The MB boutique in New Bond Street has the new permanent blue and permanent black inks in stock in their new, expensive, white boxes. I went there last week to try to pick up some Midnight Blue but they only had the version that does not say 'permanent for documents' on the box, so I declined.

i did buy a bottle of the permanent black, but not sure if I needed to as I now have aquired sufficient MBMB permanent to keep me writing for a few years to come.

*Update* The Dallas boutique called me last Wednesday to let me know that the inks where in. However, when I arrived they told me that they could not find the inks in the system yet and that they were calling around to all of the other stores to find the item number that they needed to use. After about 10 min. they informed me that they could not find the number but that they felt terrible for calling me and telling me the inks were in before they had checked the system so they were going to give me a onetime offer and sell me a bottle at the regular ink's price! This is the kind of service that keeps me loyal to MB! I was so excited and inked my EF 149 with the permanent blue as soon as I got home. It is now my new every day ink and I cannot imagine replacing it any time soon. I hope that you all get your bottles soon!

Fabulous, I will try and track down a bottle of each as well. Thanks for the 'wet test' Thierry!

Patek Philippe Annual Calendar 5146J, Calatrava 5127R / Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST / Montblanc: '80s 149 14C (F), 75th Anniv. RG O3B, 149 O3B & B, Meissen White B, Silver Barley B, Agatha SS M & Vermeil B, Dumas B, Verne B & others...

For sale: All in mint condition!! —Email me!

• * Nakaya Akatamenuri Writer Portable with Sterling Silver Snake stopper with Ruby eyes, 14k Elastic Soft nib.
  • * Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black and Turtle Brown FPs (Both M-nibs)

This is great news! Any ideas on issues with long term use in pens? Do these need to be managed like the Blue-Black inks, or are they a bit safer for long time use?

I've got a decent stock of blue-black not being used since it clogged a 149 of mine when I'd lapsed 'managing it'. Would be nice if these didn't need the same kind of care.

Patek Philippe Annual Calendar 5146J, Calatrava 5127R / Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST / Montblanc: '80s 149 14C (F), 75th Anniv. RG O3B, 149 O3B & B, Meissen White B, Silver Barley B, Agatha SS M & Vermeil B, Dumas B, Verne B & others...

For sale: All in mint condition!! —Email me!

• * Nakaya Akatamenuri Writer Portable with Sterling Silver Snake stopper with Ruby eyes, 14k Elastic Soft nib.
  • * Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black and Turtle Brown FPs (Both M-nibs)

I've got a decent stock of blue-black not being used since it clogged a 149 of mine when I'd lapsed 'managing it'. Would be nice if these didn't need the same kind of care.

I imagine they would require regular cleaning, ie flushing of the feed. Edited by meiers

I took a visit to the Fountain Pen Hospital's brick and mortar store, spoke with the guys there, and they've heard of the upcoming inks, and the planning phasing out of Midnight Blue (what a shame) but advised me to wait till December since it'll be a while they'll be getting the inks in stock.

The little things really count.

I stopped into my local boutique yesterday and picked up some cartridges of each, just to try. Sadly, none of their pens were even inked with these colors yet...a bit unfortunate, really.

Since others here might just want to try them out without investing the money in a whole box, I will send a cartridge of each permanent color to the first three people, who PM me with an address in the continental United States.

Built from Ink and Tea: A Blog about Lego, Fountain Pens, and...Tea!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png

It seems story is the same for us also. Authorized retailers might be getting in Nov end to Dec. mid for these new inks. Hopefully we will get it earlier!

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

• 3 months later...

I am not really satisfied with this ink. I have filled it a few times in my Heritage.

I have the feeling that is blocking the feed in some way.

The heritage used to be a smooth and semi wet writer, but after my third fill the pen is writing a lot dryer. Especially the first contact between nib and paper it won't start immediately.

Gave it several flushes with regular water and let it soak overnight.

The next day I still see inkresidu underneath the nib. So maybe it is too permanent??

I have filled it with royal blue now and it is working better, but still have the feeling that the flow isn't what it used to be.

If I have time I will visit the boutique to let them see my problem.

Anyone else experiences this problem?

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom