Chatterley - Visconti Skeleton (Carbon Fiber) Inc!

Mkim

Hello FPN,

its been awhile since I updated anything...

But I recently made a purchase that could not go quietly!

I must admit I absolutely love my Visocnti pens and have been flirting with the idea of adding one more...

They have massive ink capacity (double reservoir), I love the way they write, and they have that Italian flair (yes, some are a bit too much...but once in awhile they produce pens with the golden balance between pizzazz and utilitarian, the result is just magic!)

So.. I finally pulled the trigger

Incoming VERY soon to my stable: Visconti Skeleton, Carbon fiber! (LE of 22)

Please help me celebrate! (will definitely post pictures once I open it up, maybe even a review)

Cheers!

Michael

Edited by Mkim

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sketch and Doodle

• Mkim

• PAKMAN

• Raskolnikov

Sweet! Congrats!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Really glad for you, looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing your impressions!

( I am always in for some pizzazz factor, which I don't really know what it is but still sounds very tasty :D )

Congrats....hope to see pics and report soon!....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Hello FPN,

its been awhile since I updated anything...

But I recently made a purchase that could not go quietly!

I must admit I absolutely love my Visocnti pens and have been flirting with the idea of adding one more...

They have massive ink capacity (double reservoir), I love the way they write, and they have that Italian flair (yes, some are a bit too much...but once in awhile they produce pens with the golden balance between pizzazz and utilitarian, the result is just magic!)

So.. I finally pulled the trigger

Incoming VERY soon to my stable: Visconti Skeleton, Carbon fiber! (LE of 22)

Please help me celebrate! (will definitely post pictures once I open it up, maybe even a review)

Cheers!

Michael

Hello Michael,

I'm glad to see a Torontonian here at FTN.

I'm about to purchase Visconti Skeleton as well from Bry. He will take some comparison shots tonight in a few hour with Stipula Skeleton along with Delta Demo which I already bought.

I have bought Omas Lucens Extra and returned because it's too skinny and too light, so I upgraded to a much bigger and more expensive pen, Delta Vespucci #1 wood pen with #8 nib and it was too fat and too heavy, but most of all, judging from online photos, they were honey golden brown wood pen but what I got was a pale greenish brown wood pen. Totally different colours. Returned. So, I was searching in similar value pen and this was it.

What is carbon fibre? Are they good? I'm not familiar with that material.

I don't want to make $1400 mistake again.

Mkim, what size nib DIY you order? I haven't ordered yet.

I look forward to your review or show me the pen in person. My wife runs an art gallery in uptown and we could meet there, perhaps.

After I've seen iPhone photo from Bry, I had ordered other pens mainly due to the weight besides the design and function. I've tried Vespucci and it was a heavy and this might be even heavier for me.

Anyway, congratulations on your Visconti Skeleton.

well congrats then :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Hello everyone!

My apologies for the lat reply...

Been playing around with it...and I just LOVE the high tech look!

The carbon fibre has that fantastic subtle sheen of black so the pen doesn't become a super shines object.

(This is just a iPhone photo...I will put up some high quality photos + review when I find the time!)

Here it is:

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh558/Pammzer/image_zpsc560f319.jpg

After I've seen iPhone photo from Bry, I had ordered other pens mainly due to the weight besides the design and function. I've tried Vespucci and it was a heavy and this might be even heavier for me.

Anyway, congratulations on your Visconti Skeleton.

Sorry for my lack of communication! Congrats on your new pen!

You should check out the FPN Toronto pen club if you are interested in meeting many fountain pen enthusiasts!

Cheers,

Michael

Hello Michael,

If I get a chance I would like to join the Toronto pen club. Actually, I have offer the venue at the gallery M space in the after hours on Sat and anytime on Sunday, but I still haven't heard back from the moderator.

I have a credit at Bryant to buy the Skeleton but I was afraid that it might be too heavy to handle.

I have ordered two other pens but they are not available yet, so I guess I still can change mind if I wanted to.

MB 149 size and weight is perfect for me and I have Dumas and it's a little short in length but girth and weight is fine for me. I don't want twice or three times the weight.

The black carbon is the lightest among the three pens.

I look forward to your detailed review and hopefully make the right decision.

Thank you!

I guess I should tell you what I have ordered.

One is Delta Dolce Vita Gray Shadow Demonstrator (last one and being sent to get the imperfections fixed. Might take two months)

The other one is Omas Ogiva Bronze Arco Celluloid RB (I gotta have one to jot down fast when answering the phone)

and I still have change left if not buy Skeleton.

Is Skeleton worth it? I really need to be convinced.

You've been acquiring a great collection of pens recently! :)

I've had the opportunity to handle and write with a Skeleton. Nice pen, but the price is more than I've willing to pay for it (at least so far...). I'd like to see the Shadow when it arrives - I seriously considered buying one of these, but passed on it since I already had two similar pens.