Some Untold Stories About Calicut Pens.

mohan

Mohan,

I am just now finding your wonderful multi-part post. You organized the history in a very easy-to-follow manner with beautiful photographs.

I thank you for taking the time to write it up and share it with us.

There is a seller on E-Bay "krishnapens" ; could that be from the Krishna Optical and Pens store? All of their pens have the word "Kim" in the name.

Kind regards,

Kia

I know I'm five years too late, but no. I don't think so. Krishna pens- tbf, it's more popular as Krishna Inks- is run by Dr. Sreekumar. You may have seen quite a few reviews of his inks.

He does refer to Mr. Ramachandran of Calicut Pens as his teacher.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mohan

• hari317

• K Singh

• Abusafreen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MartinAntony said:

Very informative. Nice to know that Kerala too has a heritage collection of pens

The Kim pens are excellent eyedropper pens and among my favorite ones. That's why I keep searching for them everywhere. You can check Kiwipens.com if interested. They may have some in stock. Best to get them when they are still available 👍

1 hour ago, K Singh said:

The Kim pens are excellent eyedropper pens and among my favorite ones. That's why I keep searching for them everywhere. You can check Kiwipens.com if interested. They may have some in stock. Best to get them when they are still available 👍

I bought the Writer and the Regular recently from Rafiq sahib, I had to pay 4000 each which I thought was astronomical. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, hari317 said:

I bought the Writer and the Regular recently from Rafiq sahib, I had to pay 4000 each which I thought was astronomical. 

That's really high. Just few months ago when I bought the regular it was 2500. Perhaps these are their last stocks.

I had no idea Sir that you were looking for their regular models. There were 2 available at Krishna pens, Calicut for 1800 each only 2-3 months ago. I didn't buy them as i was only looking for their Jumbo models. Today I mentioned this to someone, who called them and recived response that they are sold. Still no harm in trying once again in case they have any extra left. 

If I come across any in future will surely let you know 🙏

Krishna opticals and Kim &Co penshops both have their regular models, not jumbo models. Krishna opticals are selling them at 1800 to 2000. Rafi was  till a couple of months ago selling them at 2500; now he is charging 5500. The pens in Kim & Co do not have the finned ebonite feeds which these pens were famous for. The pens in Krishna opticals have the highly-finned ebonite feeds.

I have absolutely no interest in buying these pens now.

16 minutes ago, bestillmysoul said:

Krishna opticals and Kim &Co penshops both have their regular models, not jumbo models. Krishna opticals are selling them at 1800 to 2000. Rafi was  till a couple of months ago selling them at 2500; now he is charging 5500. The pens in Kim & Co do not have the finned ebonite feeds which these pens were famous for. The pens in Krishna opticals have the highly-finned ebonite feeds.

I have absolutely no interest in buying these pens now.

Kim and co had the Jumbo model till june-july. I was lucky to grab 2 Kim Jumbo models from Krishna Opticals Calicut in November. Those were their last stock of Jumbo pens.

5500 sounds crazy high, if 4000 wasn't already high enough.

Personally I love these pens, that's why I still keep looking for any that I can find, especially their Jumbo models.

50 minutes ago, K Singh said:

Kim and co had the Jumbo model till june-july. I was lucky to grab 2 Kim Jumbo models from Krishna Opticals Calicut in November. Those were their last stock of Jumbo pens.

5500 sounds crazy high, if 4000 wasn't already high enough.

Personally I love these pens, that's why I still keep looking for any that I can find, especially their Jumbo models.

Can you share the WhatsApp details of Krishna opticals. Let me enquire what they have. Regarding prices I used to buy them for a couple hundred rupees. I have several jumbos. I  decided to keep samples of all sizes in my collection. Yeah. 4000 was too hard to swallow for me.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, hari317 said:

Can you share the WhatsApp details of Krishna opticals. Let me enquire what they have. Regarding prices I used to buy them for a couple hundred rupees. I have several jumbos. I  decided to keep samples of all sizes in my collection. Yeah. 4000 was too hard to swallow for me.

They said they don't use WhatsApp or email. Here is the number on which I contacted +91 94959 90370. When i talked with them they weren't interested in shipping or even showing me the pens. Luckily someone else got it for me then. The person who answered said the main owner wasn't in shop, and he didn't even know about the pens until i told him they are made of ebonite or wood. I say all this so that if you have any friends in Calicut perhaps it would be worth telling them to visit Krishna pens personally 🙏

I have seen your beautiful collection of Kim pens in old post Sir. I too hope to get one of each model, only the ones with thick section though. Let's see.

10 hours ago, K Singh said:

They said they don't use WhatsApp or email. Here is the number on which I contacted +91 94959 90370. When i talked with them they weren't interested in shipping or even showing me the pens. Luckily someone else got it for me then. The person who answered said the main owner wasn't in shop, and he didn't even know about the pens until i told him they are made of ebonite or wood. I say all this so that if you have any friends in Calicut perhaps it would be worth telling them to visit Krishna pens personally 🙏

I have seen your beautiful collection of Kim pens in old post Sir. I too hope to get one of each model, only the ones with thick section though. Let's see.

Thanks sir. 🙏🏼