Noodler's Apache Sunset

nomadhacker

post-97661-0-00954800-1380301137_thumb.jpeg

Now this is my orange ink. Great great shading. Shades from orangish yellow to orangish red. The scan doesn't do it justice.

Not water resistant. But then I'm sure you know that. You don't buy this ink for signing checks.

http://stubblefield.me Inks Available for Sample Exchange: Noodler's Black, Blue Black, Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Sherwood Green, Tanzanite, Velvet Black, De Atramentis Aubergine, J. Herbin Lie de The, 1670 Rouge Hematite, Bleu Ocean, Lamy Turquoise, Rohrer & Klingner Salix, Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black, OS Red Rubber Ball, Parker Quink Blue (India version)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nomadhacker

• Morphling27

• amberleadavis

• MarneM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really enjoy the shading properties of this ink, but found it just a bit too light for my tastes. I've taken to mixing it 60/40 with Diamine Sunset (which is much more red) and I love it. It retains the shading, but darkens up to a more vibrant orange to red. It's worth a try, if you want to play around with it some! :-) (The Noodler's bottles are so huge, I figure it can't hurt to experiment.) So far, I've kept it in my Carene for works and haven't had any mixing problems.

"Wer schweigt, stimmt zu."

I was actually thinking of trying to find a bulletproof or at least fade resistant red or orange to try and mix this with. I really wish this thing were more durable.

http://stubblefield.me Inks Available for Sample Exchange: Noodler's Black, Blue Black, Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Sherwood Green, Tanzanite, Velvet Black, De Atramentis Aubergine, J. Herbin Lie de The, 1670 Rouge Hematite, Bleu Ocean, Lamy Turquoise, Rohrer & Klingner Salix, Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black, OS Red Rubber Ball, Parker Quink Blue (India version)

Add Ghost Blue.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Add Ghost Blue.

Brilliant!!!

Edited for exclamation marks

Edited by nomadhacker

• 1 month later...

I recently received a bottle of this ink as a gift, and love the shading. I agree with those saying they wish it were just a bit more dark and waterproof, but overall its a great find.

I've seen written samples of this ink with flex nibs. The shading is amazing.

Whenever I decide to add an orange ink to my collection this will probably be the one I buy

I've seen written samples of this ink with flex nibs. The shading is amazing.

Whenever I decide to add an orange ink to my collection this will probably be the one I buy

Agree. This one is above the other orange inks I've tried when it comes to shading. It's not just a orange to lighter orange. It's that brilliant almost red to almost yellow. You can't see it so much in normal fine nibs like I usually use. But in a flex or stub... This ink I don't use nearly as much as I like it just because it's non-standard. (and there are so many inks :) ) But I have it in my TWSBI Mini in my pocket right now for notes.

I love my Apache Sunset. It does have colors of red, orange, yellow, and explosions in it too, I think. Being in Arizona, it does look like our sunsets somewhat (no ink by itself could truly capture it, but it's close).

I used it in the noodler's flex pen and it worked very well overall, but I noticed the ink feathered a lot compared to my other inks. I mostly use pens at work so I only tried it on 'decent' copy paper to ok notepads and bad notepads - seemed to feather the same on all where other inks won't.

Just got a bottle on Friday, along with a B nib for my Konrad. What a wonderful combination!! It is just absolutely gorgeous. Never thought I would really like an orange ink either. Amazing is another good word. I filled the Konrad Friday afternoon after I got it, and it had dropped enough that I filled it early this afternoon. :D :yikes:

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a bottle on Friday, along with a B nib for my Konrad. What a wonderful combination!! It is just absolutely gorgeous. Never thought I would really like an orange ink either. Amazing is another good word. I filled the Konrad Friday afternoon after I got it, and it had dropped enough that I filled it early this afternoon. :D :yikes:

I really need to get a Konrad or some starter flex/semiflex pen to try out. I'm sure inks like this one will just be amazing in person with some flex. I only just ordered my first ever Lamy 2000 though, so I guess I've got to work my way through :)

I really need to get a Konrad or some starter flex/semiflex pen to try out. I'm sure inks like this one will just be amazing in person with some flex. I only just ordered my first ever Lamy 2000 though, so I guess I've got to work my way through :)

Get one of the nib creapers Noodler's sells. Some sellers on like amazon have them for 14-15 you can use to get your shipping up to... now $35 blech!

Get one of the nib creapers Noodler's sells. Some sellers on like amazon have them for 14-15 you can use to get your shipping up to... now $35 blech!

I had a student email left over from college, so we got Amazon Prime that way. Free year and then half price for the next three. :)

BTW - little tip, if you don't have an .edu email address from school still, you can get one by signing up with the California Colleges site.

This site tells you more. It's intended as a way for people considering college in california to be able to set up an email account to track all of the spam email they sign up for when signing up for colleges. So you don't technically have to be a student to get one. (The second method listed on that page using Maricopa community schools, is more shady to me, as it's lying about your student status.)