Parker Chased Duofold

Ricky2011

Hi

I have a question about chased black parkers.

Especially when they were streamlined.

Were all of them numbered eg. 23 or 23 1/2 over this decade.

like the jack knife ect.

Am i correct in thinking that the chased patten only survied from the 1915- 1926?

taken over by perminite.

best wishes

Rick

Edited by Ricky2011

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Procyon

• Ricky2011

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rick,

I think you are mixing up different pens. The 20 series pens (at least some of them) were called jack knife safeties, and came before the Duofolds. This would be roughly 1916 to 1925. All were black hard rubber, some were chased. The basic pen design was similar to the Duofolds which would come later. There are no streamlined jack knife pens.

The first Duofolds were orange hard rubber and were made in 1921 - in 1922 they started making black ones. They began using Permanite in 1926. They also began making jade Duofolds that year - in fact they made some without the Duofold label first, because they had doubts about the new plastic. All of the pens to the time were basically the same shape - usually called "flat tops" by collectors. This is a confusing term that I have never liked, but it mainly means "straight-sided" and not tapered. You can see there was a time that Parker made both Duofolds and Jack Knife Safeties, 1921-1925.

Streamlined Duofolds began in late 1929. These had a tapered cap and barrel. Many of the pen companies had similar design changes around this time, as this was considered the new "look" in pens.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

Regards, Allan

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

Hi Allen,

many thanks

me trying to pack as much knowledge into brief paragraphs.

Yes,

I know that the JK-s And the lucky curves (CAN) were chased and the DQ has lined. both the LC and JK have numbers on them,

during the early 1920's.

Basically when did parker number pens (19??-19??) and did they stop when they stramlined but still made chased design?

regards

Rick

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.

As I said, no chased pens were streamlined. Streamlined pens started in 1929, well after they had stopped making numbered pens and chased pens. They made no chased pens after 1925. Read what I wrote again - apparently you didn 't comprehend it.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx