Leather Cover For Leuchtturm Pocket Notebook

The Good Captain

Having seen the review of a cover made for Clairefontaine notebooks here, I eventually contacted Ray Clark and asked about producing one for me, for the Leuchtturm 1917 pocket notebooks I favour. Although happy with using Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black on Moleskine paper with perfect results most of the time, I've gone onto the Leuchtturm ones in both pocket and A5 sizes.

So his response was marvellous - he said he'd produce the Leuchtturm model, which is only 10mm higher in effect, than the Moleskine template, for the same price. The one I chose was £35.00 plus the postage etc. I went for the simple one with no stud fastening and asked him to round off the corners.

The result was just what I wanted and the notebook fits perfectly. There's enough room around the edges to actually make writing in it a lot easier and the leather helps to keep it open and lie much better.

The first picture is of a Moleskine one from Ray's Etsy page.

fpn_1380019598__moleskine_pocket_noteboo

Then a couple of the one I've received.

fpn_1380019564__leuchtturm_cover_1.jpg

fpn_1380019585__leuchtturm_cover_2.jpg

I would suggest that this product is well worth considering for a lot of different notebooks and Ray will certainly help with any questions that one might have. A courteous service throughout and I'm very pleased.

His Etsy page can be found here.Enjoy.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• my63

• alc3261

• RobertP

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely workmanship.

Something else to save up for! ;)

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
William Makepeace Thackeray

Yes, it really is a nice bit of quality leather-work. One thing that I like about the whole thing is that there's no worry about the longevity of the elastic (compared to say, a Midori or whatever) as it is automatically 'replaced' each time a new notebook is started.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

That's beautiful and that hand-stitching is immaculate. I often think about getting a cover like that but I don't stick to a consistent brand of notebook and the beggars all manufacture to slightly different dimensions. Even those that nominally use ISO sizes can still vary by up to 2cm either way. It does put me off investing in a cover.

Verba volant, scripta manent