• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trhall

• bgray

• fountainbel

• ethernautrix

What??? Is that a Pilot 5 EF nib on a TWSBI?!?!? Please don't tell me my eyes are failing...

Your eyes are not failing you. Based on a blog post from @Iosepus, I found out that this was possible. Tried it and it works well. I'm using the older style Bock nib units (prior to the TWSBI-made feed of the new JoWo nibs) and it fits better. The newer ones don't seem as seamless. More details can be found here:

Crónicas Estilográficas - Chimera

@jde - Peaceable Writer - Tale of a Vandal Pen User: Two Pilots

TWSBI Nib Interchangeability Question

TWSBI Diamond 530 with a Pelikan Nib

List of Possible Nib Substitutions

Best of luck. I use my PiloTWSBI every day and it's a favorite of mine.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a little while but i ended up loving mine! Cant figure out how to put pics up haha 😕

Edited by Braccoa

• 4 weeks later...

Nice idea. I would also consider going gung-ho on the dual cartridge consideration while I was toying with the dual nib idea. Dip pens, after all, reach way out there. As do some conventional pens.

If it isn't too bright for you, it isn't bright enough for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I reeeally like this concept. Not to mention the pen looks amazing! Especially seeing those pictures with the two inks showing through. Definitely going to keep my eye on this one.

A quick update on flying with the DE Pearl. As expected, with one nib facing down, some ink was left in the cap. But not a lot. The section was completely dry with no ink on it. The upward-facing nib was, as all of my pens are when flying, fine.

It was easy to empty the cap into the sink in the airport bathroom and rinse it. No mess. This certainly wouldn't prevent me from flying again with the pen inked up.

An interesting experiment, flying with a nib facing downwards.

I'm still in love with this pen. I may have gone with translucent caps too, if I had to do it again. Love the look.

How does one acquire one of these and how much is it?

Not sure if you found this out already or not, but details are in the original post from Brian at the beginning of this thread.

Enjoy!

A quick update on flying with the DE Pearl. As expected, with one nib facing down, some ink was left in the cap. But not a lot. The section was completely dry with no ink on it. The upward-facing nib was, as all of my pens are when flying, fine.

It was easy to empty the cap into the sink in the airport bathroom and rinse it. No mess. This certainly wouldn't prevent me from flying again with the pen inked up.

An interesting experiment, flying with a nib facing downwards.

I'm still in love with this pen. I may have gone with translucent caps too, if I had to do it again. Love the look.

I was just seating through this thread, hoping to see the answer to the "flying" question. Thank you. I wonder how it it would handle if held perpendicular instead of parallel? A little ink in the cap is certainly not a deal-breaker; I don't fly THAT much, and I hav aplenty of other single nib pens to travel with. But, WOW.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I was just seating through this thread, hoping to see the answer to the "flying" question. Thank you. I wonder how it it would handle if held perpendicular instead of parallel? A little ink in the cap is certainly not a deal-breaker; I don't fly THAT much, and I hav aplenty of other single nib pens to travel with. But, WOW.

I may try to leave the pen horizontal instead of vertical on a future trip. But I imagine it may still leak a little ink that way. I'll report back when I try this. May be a while. Still, it wasn't that bad, and I was fine with the amount of ink that burped out due to pressure. That's the only time I've had any sort of "burp" with the DE pen, and it gets taken back and forth to work and elsewhere all the time.

• 4 months later...

Aurgh!!! I was almost set to pull the trigger on a F-C Abditus, but now this... After loooking at all, the pics on edison's site, I think this has won out! A fine point with oxblood and a .8 cursive italic with ebony blue inks would be the bees knees

But so many materials and colors...my mind reels!

Thanks for the temptation!

Cheers

ParkerNT

Happy to see this thread bumped so I could get more background on how this design came about.

Fantastic read.

Looks cool. I probably won't be bringing myself to get another Jowo-nibbed pen in the near future, but if I did, I'd totally consider a double nib, which seems nice since I write in two languages...one of which looks OK in a fine-italic, and the other more a round superfine.

Robert.