Masters Of The Fountain Pen

notVirtuThe3rd

OK, I just had to.....

Just bought my first Sailor,

A older full size 1911, with H-MF nib

Can't wait to get it.

Mark

Good choice! I think you made a great purchase. After arrival, please let me know how you liked it. :vbg:

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• terminal

• wisma46

• inkstick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I've just uploaded the new video of "Masters Of The Fountain Pen" on my YouTube channel, I share it for this topic. This is just an interview video, however, I hope it'll be good information for someone else. Enjoy watching ! ;-)

- The most famous fountain pen "feed" craftsman in Japan, Mitsuo Nakamura -

Best wishes from Japan,

国産万年筆研究家

安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]

As I've just uploaded the new video of "Masters Of The Fountain Pen" on my YouTube channel, I share it for this topic. This is just an interview video, however, I hope it'll be good information for someone else. Enjoy watching ! ;-)

Thanks for sharing the rare video footage.

I see, Mitsuo Nakamura is not just, "- The most famous fountain pen "feed" craftsman in Japan -" but the wisest one too.

long days and pleasant nights to you sir.

M

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

How're you doing? I hope you all are doing well. It's getting colder in Japan. Please take care not to catch a cold. B)

Recent Event

My daughter Himawari (means "Sunflower") has just become 1 year and 4 months old!

Best wishes from Japan and have a good weekend,

国産万年筆研究家

安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]

Congratulations to you all,

Life is good!

M

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

Congratulations to you all,

Life is good!

M

Thanks for your response, Mr. Mark. It was great to hear about what you have been up to. Enjoy using fountain pens! :vbg:

I was watching one of your more recent videos yesterday and saw that one of the stationery shops hosted a typewriter club. I thought that was interesting and now am thinking of asking my mom where her old typewriter is. :D

Smith Premier No. 4

I was watching one of your more recent videos yesterday and saw that one of the stationery shops hosted a typewriter club. I thought that was interesting and now am thinking of asking my mom where her old typewriter is. :D

That sounds good idea. You should ask your mother where her typewriter is. If she still has it, I would like you to relish the texture of an old typewriter and to enjoy the traditional atmosphere of it. I believe that typewritten paper itself will make your usual life more happy! As for me, I still have Olivetti's one and sometimes use it for sending letters to my old friends. ;-)

Typewriter Shop in Japan "Ogawa-Shokai"

http://www.ogawa-shokai.com/typewriter.htm

国産万年筆研究家
安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]
Edited by VirtuThe3rd

I learned how to type on an electric typewriter but she also had a manual one. I have good memories of doing my typing homework on Saturday mornings listening to Culture Club on my record player. Maybe I shouldn't admit the last bit. It was good typing music.

Smith Premier No. 4

I learned how to type on an electric typewriter but she also had a manual one. I have good memories of doing my typing homework on Saturday mornings listening to Culture Club on my record player. Maybe I shouldn't admit the last bit. It was good typing music.

Thanks for telling me your good memories of the typewriter. B)

I just asked my mom whether she still had the typewriters and it seems that she does. I'm going to see about getting possibly the manual one and seeing if I can use it.

Smith Premier No. 4

I just asked my mom whether she still had the typewriters and it seems that she does. I'm going to see about getting possibly the manual one and seeing if I can use it.

Sounds pretty good! I think that a typewriter as well as a fountain pen is a kind of precious treasure to inherit. When you use it again after a long time, you might require minimum maintenance. Anyway, I believe your mother will be glad if you use her typewriter again. Please enjoy specific sound and atmosphere of the typewriter! ;-)

Thank you for the videos. What is the general rule about taking photographs in Japan? I was in a couple of Tokyo pen shops a few years ago and would have liked to take a few pictures but did not out of respect.

Thank you for the videos. What is the general rule about taking photographs in Japan? I was in a couple of Tokyo pen shops a few years ago and would have liked to take a few pictures but did not out of respect.

Thank you very much for the comment. Generally speaking, the people in Japan tend to be more sensitive about portrait rights than those of any other Western countries. As for me, I don't care about my being taken photographs at all. I'm always willing to accept and give my smile to whoever wants to take photos. The only thing that can be said with certainty about your question is to approach sales clerk or person there in a friendly way and get permission to shoot! :)
Best wishes from Japan,
VirtuThe3rd
安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]

Are there going to be any new pen artist videos in 2015?

In 2015? Sure. I've been editing the next video during a free time. I would be grateful if you could be patient.

Edited by VirtuThe3rd