• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• terminal

• wisma46

• inkstick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

first I need to stop thirsting for good custom handmade eastern nib pens same goes to custom western pens I'm still a student :X

I don't think so. Good fountain pen makes your school life happy. So save money for it. ;-)

Thank you Kota Adachi for the video of the Zenobiaflex.

It is a gorgeous camera and I imagine that the still image at the end of the video was taken with that camera. You might not have realized it when you posted, but that video is not entirely random or unrelated since I am a coin dealer and a coin photographer. When I shoot coins I generally use one of my dSLR Nikons with an assortment of Nikon (Nikkor) lenses and when I use film the old Canon AE1 cameras come out for use. However, when we go on vacation as a family I take along the Fuji X100S and use the optical finder. The camera has the spirit and feel of a Leica. An image is below along with a link to Ken Rockwell's site and a review-

http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/x100s/D3S_9474-0600.jpg

http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/x100s.htm

The Fuji would not do well for coin photography, but the Nikons perform fabulously. Below is an example of a US dime (diameter 17.9mm) recently shot with a Nikon-

http://wsm.ezsitedesigner.com/share/scrapbook/23/239107/TBJF1892P67.jpg

My favorite Kurosawa films have to be Seven Samurai as well as Kagemusha. Sadly, at least in the United States, those familiar with Kurosawa's later films appear to often discount Kagemusha and do not put it in the same class as Ran. I love both films and was lucky enough to see Ran as a theatrical release in the United States when it was released in 1985/1986, but something about Kagemusha pulls me back to that film all the time.

Regards from America.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

www.tbnumismatics.com

It is a gorgeous camera and I imagine that the still image at the end of the video was taken with that camera. You might not have realized it when you posted, but that video is not entirely random or unrelated since I am a coin dealer and a coin photographer. When I shoot coins I generally use one of my dSLR Nikons with an assortment of Nikon (Nikkor) lenses and when I use film the old Canon AE1 cameras come out for use. However, when we go on vacation as a family I take along the Fuji X100S and use the optical finder. The camera has the spirit and feel of a Leica. An image is below along with a link to Ken Rockwell's site and a review-

http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/x100s/D3S_9474-0600.jpg

The Fuji would not do well for coin photography, but the Nikons perform fabulously. Below is an example of a US dime (diameter 17.9mm) recently shot with a Nikon-

http://wsm.ezsitedesigner.com/share/scrapbook/23/239107/TBJF1892P67.jpg

My favorite Kurosawa films have to be Seven Samurai as well as Kagemusha. Sadly, at least in the United States, those familiar with Kurosawa's later films appear to often discount Kagemusha and do not put it in the same class as Ran. I love both films and was lucky enough to see Ran as a theatrical release in the United States when it was released in 1985/1986, but something about Kagemusha pulls me back to that film all the time.

Regards from America.

I think you have a problem with the lens despite the Fujifilm's attained status with the X-series some models have general flaws like having a slow lens and the computer processing being slow IIRC X-E2 is actually a bit better... though I wished to own an X-T1 but again I'm probably try to study TLR cameras but man they will be awefully hard to maintain in my country where film photography is already a dead field so much so it's already rare for me to get ISO 400 film and only has ISO 100 available not to mention developing labs

Regards from America.

Hi, Totoro-san. Are you a coin photographer? That sounds cool! I guess you probably use Ai-s (or AF) Nikkor 20mm F2.8 with BR-2A and BR-3 reverse ring adapter to shoot coins. When I take pics of fountain pen nibs, I always use BR-2A reverse ring adapter. It's really amazing optional accessory products of Nikon. - As for me, I only use film Nikon SLRs. ;-) - Fuji X100S is still in good demand in Japan. Last year, when a friend of mine lent me the camera (for the purpose of my snap-shoot-test), I was very impressed by its outstanding performance!! The AF speed was fast enough to shoot street photos, the lens was very contrasty, and... the color of the image was quite natural. If I don't have film cameras like Nikon New FM2, RICOH GR1s and so on..., I'll choose Fuji X100S without hesitation! I'm now so excited to be able to talk about "CAMERAS" and "CINEMAS" on FPN. lol

- Text And Video Unrelated -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPE0jtMta2Y

Best wishes from Japan,

Kota Adachi (安達功太)

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

I will I will try... guu... but 120K yen... 500USD pens... MMMMmmm yeah...

Do your best to save money for it. Good luck! :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I really need those experts in your video to fix my damaged Pen Nibs, but they're so far away from me and I don't speak japanese to communicate.

post-114836-0-02051000-1407707581_thumb.jpg

I really need those experts in your video to fix my damaged Pen Nibs, but they're so far away from me and I don't speak japanese to communicate.

I believe you can get the nib in your picture fixed. You first need someone who can remove it from the pen which may be easy or very difficult depending on which sort of Sheaffer you have. The nib can then be retipped by someone like Greg Minuskin in the United States. The nib can then be remounted by the person who took it off.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Just discovered this thread. Thank you, Virtu! You've worked long and hard on these videos, and your work is greatly appreciated!

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

I believe you can get the nib in your picture fixed. You first need someone who can remove it from the pen which may be easy or very difficult depending on which sort of Sheaffer you have. The nib can then be retipped by someone like Greg Minuskin in the United States. The nib can then be remounted by the person who took it off.

Dillon

thanks Dillon, it's Sheaffer triumph snorkel tounchdown two-tone gold nib but even USA is so far of me, I live in midle east right now

Just discovered this thread. Thank you, Virtu! You've worked long and hard on these videos, and your work is greatly appreciated!

Hi Blue_Moon,
It's I who should thank you. I'm really glad to know you've found these videos. ;-)
Enjoy watching them!
Best wishes from Japan,
VirtuThe3rd
安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]
Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Dillon

Hi Dillon,
Long time!! Thank you for your replying for me. I do appreciate your help. :thumbup:

thanks Dillon, it's Sheaffer triumph snorkel tounchdown two-tone gold nib but even USA is so far of me, I live in midle east right now

Hi Mr. H1N,
I hope your nib will be fixed soon without any trouble. Have a good weekend!
Best wishes from Japan,
VirtuThe3rd
安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]

That´s a cute girl, Kota.

Did you get the Canon from a local camera store in Matsue?

Pilot Capless Black Carbonesque - Pelikan M800 Demonstrator - Pelikan M625 blue -
Montblanc 146 platinum - Rotring 600 series 1 - Lamy Persona black - Lamy 2000 -
Waterman Edson green - Chatterley Visconti Ripple silver/clear - Visconti Homo Sapiens -
Pilot Custom 823 black - Pilot Art Craft Koushi - Nakaya Piccolo Cigar Akatame
Nakaya Portable Writer matte black urushi - Nakaya Titanium Piccolo -

Namiki Emperor red urushi
Pen photos

That´s a cute girl, Kota.

Did you get the Canon from a local camera store in Matsue?

Thanks for the comment, zerobuttons. :)
I bought the Canon Canonet G-III QL17 in an Internet auction.
This is a small, light-weight and awesomely well made camera! I also like the LOOK of this camera.
The Canonet G-III QL17 is really well finished and it has a feeling of quality. So, if you're interested
in "film photography" and you're looking for a good quality range finder camera, this is the one you
need. I bet you'd like it. :thumbup:
Best wishes from Japan,
VirtuThe3rd
安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]