Masters Of The Fountain Pen

notVirtuThe3rd

Hope you don't "retire from FPN". You bring us true understanding and insight into a wonderful culture underpinning our writing instrument knowledge. Maybe just a touch of "downtime" will restore your "get up and go" mode. That Mozart Sonata is itself restoring! Thanks. Looking forward to the Kanji-writing video and a chance to continue following your threads.

Hi Ladynib302,

Thank you so much. I appreciate you telling me that. Hmm... your suggestion "Getting downtime" sounds good for me to restore my "Get up and go" mode. Aight! I decided on second thought to remain a member of the FPN even after I upload the last video to come.
Edited by VirtuThe3rd

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• terminal

• wisma46

• inkstick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ladynib302,

Thank you so much. I appreciate you telling me that. Hmm... your suggestion "Getting downtime" sounds good for me to restore my "Get up and go" mode. Aight! I decided on second thought to remain a member of the FPN even after I upload the last video to come.

You made a good decision! We need you, so I don't want you to retire FPN.

wisma46

Thank you very much. This thread consists of all I want to know about Japanese fountain pen craftsmanship.

Tonight I watched Mr. Tanaka of Hakase Fountain Pens as a start, cos I read his name in a small English book on fountain pens many years ago and Hakase was the first name I knew of Japanese 'boutique' fountain pens. Having watched the video tonight, I must say every pen Mr. Tanaka makes is a piece of art. As I said in another post I met Nakaya at a small stationary shop in Kobe so when I was watching the Kobe Ink Monogatari, a lot of good memories came back.

Really appreciate your efforts of posting the videos. :)

No reason to "retire". Just stop posting until you feel like you have more to share or say. Your posts are appreciated and interesting and I've learned a lot and look forward to more sometime in the future (but don't feel pressured) ... B)

Thank you very much. This thread consists of all I want to know about Japanese fountain pen craftsmanship.

Tonight I watched Mr. Tanaka of Hakase Fountain Pens as a start, cos I read his name in a small English book on fountain pens many years ago and Hakase was the first name I knew of Japanese 'boutique' fountain pens. Having watched the video tonight, I must say every pen Mr. Tanaka makes is a piece of art. As I said in another post I met Nakaya at a small stationary shop in Kobe so when I was watching the Kobe Ink Monogatari, a lot of good memories came back.

Really appreciate your efforts of posting the videos. :)

Thank you so much for your coming to read my thread. It's a great pleasure and honor to share my videos. I also feel that Hakase's works develop into a fine art! Before moving to Matsue City, I have lived in Kobe City for a long time. So, as for me, Nagasawa is the most favorite stationery shop in Japan. Incidentally, I often take a shopping trip to "Pen Style DEN" in Nagasawa.

No reason to "retire". Just stop posting until you feel like you have more to share or say. Your posts are appreciated and interesting and I've learned a lot and look forward to more sometime in the future (but don't feel pressured) ... B)

Thank you for the kind words. Now I'm really relieved that you said so. :)

Hi there,

I’ve just finished editing and uploading the new video about a fountain pen on my YouTube channel “VirtuThe3rdTV”. As you may know, this is the last video for this thread. Please click the URL below, and you can watch it on YouTube directly.

- Masters of The Fountain Pen -
Beautiful Japanese Kanji writing by 8 masters with special footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAyRvM0ILrE

video capture 1

video capture 2

The series of “Masters of the Fountain Pen” is over. As I’ve done uploading all of the videos, I’ll get downtime to restore my "Get up and Go" mode for the time being.(I mean, I remain a member of the FPN.)

Now, I feel really happy to have met many friends on this thread.
Dear my friends, thank you so much for your reading my thread from beginning to end!

And I have to express my sincere gratitude to administrations of the FPN. I don’t have words to describe my appreciation to them. I can never thank you enough…

In closing, I would like to thank you all for your posting hearty comments and watching my videos.

Hope we can get together sometime on “Pens from the Land of the Rising Sun”.

See you again!

fin

Best wishes from Japan,
Kota Adachi [ 安達功太 ]

Thank you very much, virtu. I have watched your new video. Really cool stuff! Your posts were always awesome. You have made a BIG contribution to FPN until now. I believe you'll come back to FPN in the near future. Goodbye until we meet again!

Thanks to you virtu, I could really learn about Japanese fountain pens, awesome craftsmen, culture and so on.

You gave me a lot of things...

You were always so polite to us....

You must be a gentleperson....

I really miss you but I hope you will come back to this thread sometime soon.

See you again. :cloud9:

Thank you very much for all the videos virtu!

You are as if you were an ambassador of Japanese fountain pen. :thumbup:

mata ne, ja ne

arigato gozaimashita :notworthy1:

再會囉

JJ51

Hi there,

I’ve just finished editing and uploading the new video about a fountain pen on my YouTube channel “VirtuThe3rdTV”. As you may know, this is the last video for this thread. Please click the URL below, and you can watch it on YouTube directly.

- Masters of The Fountain Pen -

Beautiful Japanese Kanji writing by 8 masters with special footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAyRvM0ILrE

video capture 1

attachicon.gif1.jpg

video capture 2

attachicon.gif2.jpg

The series of “Masters of the Fountain Pen” is over. As I’ve done uploading all of the videos, I’ll get downtime to restore my "Get up and Go" mode for the time being.(I mean, I remain a member of the FPN.)

Now, I feel really happy to have met many friends on this thread.

Dear my friends, thank you so much for your reading my thread from beginning to end!

And I have to express my sincere gratitude to administrations of the FPN. I don’t have words to describe my appreciation to them. I can never thank you enough…

In closing, I would like to thank you all for your posting hearty comments and watching my videos.

Hope we can get together sometime on “Pens from the Land of the Rising Sun”.

See you again!

fin

Best wishes from Japan,

Kota Adachi [ 安達功太 ]

Great! Awesome work!! Thanks, virtu. You did excellent contribution to the FPN community. You must be tired after dealing with a long-running thread. Keep away from keyboard for a while to restart your new topic!! lol Joking apart, I do hope you'll be back sometime in the future. See you then! I don't want to say "Goodbye" to you.

Take care,

wisma46

wisma46

Brilliant, Kota.

Please try to find the time to keep following this forum from time to time, even though you must have your work cut out for you with an infant and your day-job.

Pilot Capless Black Carbonesque - Pelikan M800 Demonstrator - Pelikan M625 blue -
Montblanc 146 platinum - Rotring 600 series 1 - Lamy Persona black - Lamy 2000 -
Waterman Edson green - Chatterley Visconti Ripple silver/clear - Visconti Homo Sapiens -
Pilot Custom 823 black - Pilot Art Craft Koushi - Nakaya Piccolo Cigar Akatame
Nakaya Portable Writer matte black urushi - Nakaya Titanium Piccolo -

Namiki Emperor red urushi
Pen photos

Thanks for all your videos! I do applaud your decision to find a healthy balance in your life.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

Thank you very much. You are legend!

今まで本当にありがとうございました。そしてお疲れ様でした。

今後も安達功太様の益々のご活躍を心より応援しております。では、またFPN掲示板でお会いできる日まで!

by 冬枯れ

Edited by fuyugare

冬枯れ

Enduring here with a laptop, and no sound/video drivers. So, Just viewed your video via cellphone. Wonderful!

I too hope we will see your inspirational video's after you have paused to refresh yourself.

Thank you for documenting the world of fountain pens in Japan, and sharing with Us here.

All the best!

p2p

Thanks for all !

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/petitdauphinzele/midnightblue-1.png

aka Petitdauphinzele

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful videos! I'm glad I'm able to find your post on here to thank you personally. :)

I have been an admirer of Japanese pens for many years. For a while, I was the official US distributor for Platinum (had to stop because the Platinum Company was not willing to control grey imports...). Anyway, I wanted to point out another great Japanese pen maker: Kaburagi! He started in the Whymper pen company and after WW2 started his own company. Hie pens are magnificent!

Thanks for thie wonderful thread!

Giovanni Abrate

http://s26.postimg.org/fp30mhy6x/signature.jpg

In punta di penna.....