Masters Of The Fountain Pen

notVirtuThe3rd

Thank you so much. Izumo Tamenuri fountain pen is my favorite! I'm happy to see beautiful fountain pens. :cloud9:

The Izumo fountain pen you watched on my YouTube channel is really rare model.

It's a limited edition only in Japan. :)

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• terminal

• wisma46

• inkstick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there,

The Japanese fountain pen shop " Papylos 21 (Matsue City, Shimane, Pref., JAPAN)" was broadcast on television! I've just uploaded the video on my YouTube channel. Please enjoy watching and feel atmosphere of the amazing tasteful shop if you are interested in it. :)

- Papylos 21 was broadcast on television! -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofujSJ2pXDQ

Have a wonderful week,

Kota

:thumbup:

JJ51

I love these videos, It's so interesting how the lathe is set up, pointing towards the operator, instead of the usual lathe configuration with wood/metal lathes. It's interesting to see how everything can still be done with hand, just needs a TON of practice. I have secretly ripped all these vids off youtube, just so that I can save them, in case I need them and they have been removed, JUST because they are so fascinating. Please don't hate me...

I love these videos, It's so interesting how the lathe is set up, pointing towards the operator, instead of the usual lathe configuration with wood/metal lathes. It's interesting to see how everything can still be done with hand, just needs a TON of practice. I have secretly ripped all these vids off youtube, just so that I can save them, in case I need them and they have been removed, JUST because they are so fascinating. Please don't hate me...

Thank you so much for your particularly high interest to videos I've uploaded. As a matter of course, I've contacted relevant parties of this video and obtained a permission to upload. In addition, some Masters have given me an approval officially (on a face-to-face basis). So I DON'T believe these videos will be removed. :)

- PlayList : Masters Of The Fountain Pen -

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2i7gaDC7xC1xwCPh4c_9eJFEJpqr5F2X

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Hi there,

This time, I uploaded the video of MY CITY.
I live in Matsue City, Shimane, Pref., JAPAN.

Matsue is the capital city of Shimane Prefecture, attractively located at the eastern shores of Lake Shinji (Shinjiko). Due to its location between Lake Shinji, Nakaumi (another lake) and the Sea of Japan, Matsue is also known as the "City of Water".

Matsue's attractions include its original castle and the former residence of Lafcadio Hearn. The city is also a good base to visit nearby Izumo Taisha, one of Japan's most important shrines and the Adachi Museum of Art with one of Japan's most beautiful landscape gardens.

...two videos (about a fountain pen) left. :)

*coffee break

City of Water - Matsue City, Shimane, Pref., JAPAN -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSxATZr1to

Have a good weekend,
Kota

From Japan

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Hi there,

Matsue is the capital city of Shimane Prefecture, attractively located at the eastern shores of Lake Shinji (Shinjiko). Due to its location between Lake Shinji, Nakaumi (another lake) and the Sea of Japan, Matsue is also known as the "City of Water".

Matsue's attractions include its original castle and the former residence of Lafcadio Hearn. The city is also a good base to visit nearby Izumo Taisha, one of Japan's most important shrines and the Adachi Museum of Art with one of Japan's most beautiful landscape gardens.

*coffee break

Have a good weekend,

Kota

From Japan

Really beautiful city!

Thank you so much for sharing the amazingly artistic video. :cloud9:

So beautiful! It is a pity the tourism companies of my country do not include Matsue in thier itinerary (TOKYO – NIKKO – KAMAKURA – YOKOHAMA – HAKONE – ATAMI – KYOTO – OSAKA – HIROSHIMA).

Hi there,

*coffee break

Have a good weekend,

Kota

From Japan

安達様へ。上記の動画を拝見させて頂きました。とても素敵な作品ですね!ありがとうございました。

冬枯れ

Thank you soooo much for your watching, all.

皆さま、ご覧いただき、誠にありがとうございます。

Hi there,

*coffee break

Have a good weekend,

Kota

From Japan

What a superb view! This is great work. Thank you so much for the effort!

Edited by wisma46

wisma46

Hi there,

On Thu, Oct. 2, 2014, the most famous Japanese FP repairer Mr. Mori will come to Matsue to hold a Nib Clinic event! This is the announcement video for it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imgZdcDDGTE

In Japan, we call Mr. Mori "Master Takokichi" for some reason. lol

Here's the link of his BLOG. http://pelikan.livedoor.biz/

JFYI

Best wishes from Japan,

Kota

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Hi there,

On Thu, Oct. 2, 2014, the most famous Japanese FP repairer Mr. Mori will come to Matsue to hold a Nib Clinic event! This is the announcement video for it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imgZdcDDGTE

In Japan, we call Mr. Mori "Master Takokichi" for some reason. lol

Here's the link of his BLOG. http://pelikan.livedoor.biz/

JFYI

Best wishes from Japan,

Kota

Is only one video (about a fountain pen) left, virtu?

Is only one video (about a fountain pen) left, virtu?

No, I still have two videos to upload for this thread. One is about "Nakaya Fountain Pen Shop". And, another is about "Beautiful Japanese kanji writing with a FP". Don't miss it! ahah hah :)

Have a good weekend,

Kota

From Japan

No, I still have two videos to upload for this thread. One is about "Nakaya Fountain Pen Shop". And, another is about "Beautiful Japanese kanji writing with a FP". Don't miss it! ahah hah :)

Have a good weekend,

Kota

From Japan

"Nakaya Fountain Pen Shop" ... CAN"T WAIT !!!!!!!!!

tick tock tick tock ....

My (first!) Nakaya just arrived yesterday. Jeez! :rolleyes: What a beauty! Give us the movie plz, I am soooo feverish.

Congratulations, Alex!! :)

There are two "Nakaya"s in Japan. You know one is "Nakaya Fountain Pen" connected with Platinum at Higashi-Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo. Another is "Nakaya Fountain Pen Shop" at Matsue City in Shimane Prefecture. The latter Nakaya has no relation to the former shop.

The rest of my video I'm going to upload is about "Nakaya Fountain Pen Shop" because I live in Matsue City and I'm a member of the voluntary supporter of the shop.

Anyway, both of two shops are amazingly superb! :)