Masters Of The Fountain Pen

notVirtuThe3rd

お忙しい中、早速ご返信下さいまして、誠にありがとうございます。上下と左右に十分な余裕があると知り、安心致しました。

プロフェッショナルギアを入れた際、少しだけ奥まった位置にペンが収納されるとの事ですが、もし可能でしたら、どの程度ペンケースの最上部からプロフェッショナルギアの先端が離れているか、動画で確認をさせて頂く事ができましたら幸いです。

モンブランのペンケース(2本差し)は高価なため、購入に際して絶対に後悔はしたくないという思いがあります。(モンブランのペンケースを画像検索致しましたが、プロフェッショナルギアとの兼ね合いが分かるものはございませんでした。)

この件に関しまして、安達様のご好意に甘えさせて頂いても宜しいでしょうか?

いつも我が儘ばかりで誠に恐縮ですが、何卒宜しくお願い致します。

by 冬枯れ

今回の件について、了解いたしました。^^ 現段階では、実際に動画を撮ってこちらで公開する日時は未定ですが、次回は必ず「プロフェッショナルギアとの兼ね合い」が分かる動画をYouTubeにUPします。UPが完了したらこちらでお知らせ・・・というか公開wしますので、それまでもう暫くお待ちください。では、失礼します。
国産万年筆研究家
安達功太

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• terminal

• wisma46

• inkstick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

お忙しい中、早速ご返信下さいまして、誠にありがとうございます。上下と左右に十分な余裕があると知り、安心致しました。

プロフェッショナルギアを入れた際、少しだけ奥まった位置にペンが収納されるとの事ですが、もし可能でしたら、どの程度ペンケースの最上部からプロフェッショナルギアの先端が離れているか、動画で確認をさせて頂く事ができましたら幸いです。

モンブランのペンケース(2本差し)は高価なため、購入に際して絶対に後悔はしたくないという思いがあります。(モンブランのペンケースを画像検索致しましたが、プロフェッショナルギアとの兼ね合いが分かるものはございませんでした。)

この件に関しまして、安達様のご好意に甘えさせて頂いても宜しいでしょうか?

いつも我が儘ばかりで誠に恐縮ですが、何卒宜しくお願い致します。

by 冬枯れ

Done! B)

冬枯れさんへ。お約束の動画を制作し、YouTubeにUPしました。それがこちらです ↓

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecsDBLajX0

ご覧の通り、プロフェッショナルギアを入れても、まず気になることはないと思います。また、私は「2本差」のペンケースは他にも幾つか所有していますが、個人的には、動画で紹介した MONTBLANC Meisterstuck 2 Pen Pouch が、最も革が丈夫で、手触りも良く、さらにスムーズにフラップが開閉できる優れたペンケースだと感じています。

ご購入の際の参考になれば幸いです。

では!^^

国産万年筆研究家

安達功太

安達功太様、誠にありがとうございます。

動画を拝見させて頂きましたところ、プロフェッショナルギアを入れても何ら問題が無い事が分かりましたので、安達様ご愛用のモンブラン2本差しペンケースを購入する事に致しました。

改めまして、この度は当方のために動画を作って下さり、誠にありがとうございました。
末筆ながら、安達様の今後の益々のご活躍を、心よりお祈り申し上げます。

by 冬枯れ

冬枯れ

安達功太様、誠にありがとうございます。

動画を拝見させて頂きましたところ、プロフェッショナルギアを入れても何ら問題が無い事が分かりましたので、安達様ご愛用のモンブラン2本差しペンケースを購入する事に致しました。

改めまして、この度は当方のために動画を作って下さり、誠にありがとうございました。

末筆ながら、安達様の今後の益々のご活躍を、心よりお祈り申し上げます。

by 冬枯れ

お役に立てて何よりです。^^

では、これからも充実した「万年筆ライフ」をお過ごし下さい!

国産万年筆研究家

安達功太

Hi there,

I’ve just finished editing and uploading the last video for this thread. B)

- Masters of The Fountain Pen -

Rare interview footage of Kiyoshi Kato (Kato Seisakusho Company)

His works :thumbup:

The series of "Masters of the Fountain Pen" is over in the literature. As I’ve done uploading all of the videos, I’ll retire from this thread. ( I remain a member of the FPN, though. ) Now, I feel really happy to have met many friends on this thread. Dear my friends, thank you so much for your reading my thread from beginning to end. And I have to express my sincere gratitude to administrations of the FPN. I don’t have words to describe my appreciation to them. I can never thank you enough... In closing, I would like to thank you all for your posting hearty comments and watching my videos. Hope we can get together sometime on "Pens from the Land of the Rising Sun". See you then! :D

fin

Best wishes from Japan,

国産万年筆研究家

安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]

Thank you so very much for making this available.

And thank all the contributors for sharing their lives with us.

Mark

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

Nice videos to end with. I've always admired the materials used in the Kato pens. Some years back, I bought a couple of them. I enjoyed hearing him describe a little bit of the history of these craftsmen.

Kota, thanks again for your contributions!

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

Thank you very much for your great contributions, Kota!

I hope you'll come back to Pens from the Land of the Rising Sun sometime in the near future.

Kind regards,

inkstick

Edited by inkstick

Dear virtu,

Your thread was really appreciated and interesting and I have learned a lot about Japanese fountain pens, amazing craftsmanship, and so on.

Thank you so much for your efforts of posting the videos, virtu. :sm_cat:

Now, I really miss you but I hope you will be back sometime in the future.

See you again. :cloud9:

Edited by symphony

I agree with all the words of appreciation which have been posted.

I am very pleased to have found this thread which provides so much interesting watching.

As others have said, it must be great to have such ready access to so many skilled craftspersons and such superb customer service!

Thank you.

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Thank you for your sharing really informative videos and posts up until now. :notworthy1:

I think you made historic contributions for the FPN. In fact, I've never seen such a long-run thread like this before! So I'll never forget you and your awesome contributions.

Anyway, I should be the one thanking you.

Gratefully yours

wisma46

• 1 month later...
Oh, I've never expected to get so many messages like this!

Anyway, I have to say appreciative words to you all again.

Thank you very much for your hearty messages.

We ( I, my wife and daughter ) are doing well as ever. :)

See you sometime and God bless The Fountain Pen Network!

With sincere gratitude,

Kota Adachi

Kota,

She's adorable. Your time with her will be the best days of your life.

Are the bear shoes from Miki House? My friend from Osaka orders a lot of that brand from here in the USA for her son. I think his aunts send them too.

Paul

Hi Virtu,

Thanks for posting the series "Masters of the fountain pen". I realy like the series. It is realy nice to see those craftsmen doing there job.

Is the fountainpen still popular in Japan?

I have recently ordered 2 pens from Japan both Pilot (Custom 823 and the Heritage 92) hopefully the arrive soon here in the Netherlands. Those pens are my first pens from Pilot.

Greetz from the Netherlands.

Regards,

Martin

Let the ink flow freely

Kota,

She's adorable. Your time with her will be the best days of your life.

Are the bear shoes from Miki House? My friend from Osaka orders a lot of that brand from here in the USA for her son. I think his aunts send them too.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your watching the video of my daughter. I'm very surprised that you know "Miki House". The bear shoes aren't footwear of Miki House. But, she actually wears Miki House when she's going down the slide (From 3:00 to 3:04). My daughter seems to like Miki House's sneakers the best of all footwear brands. These days, my wife took my daughter to cherry blossom viewing party with her foot Miki House on. I don't know why, but my daughter chooses Miki House unconsciously. :)

Hi Virtu,

Thanks for posting the series "Masters of the fountain pen". I realy like the series. It is realy nice to see those craftsmen doing there job.

Is the fountainpen still popular in Japan?

I have recently ordered 2 pens from Japan both Pilot (Custom 823 and the Heritage 92) hopefully the arrive soon here in the Netherlands. Those pens are my first pens from Pilot.

Greetz from the Netherlands.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,
I'm very glad to hear that. Thank you so much.
Yes, the fountain pen is still popular in Japan. :thumbup:
Good choice. Pilot the Custom 823 and the Heritage 92 are both hot-selling products because they have the advantage that there is no need to refill the ink frequently. Needless to say, they have awesomely smooth nibs. So, you will never feel dry or scratchy. I bet you'd like them.
Anyway, I hope your first Pilot will make your daily life much happier! :happy:
Best wishes from Japan,
Kota Adachi

Dear Kota,

Thank you again for this wonderful treat. I have enjoyed every video and thoroughly learnt so much from them. Best wishes for your family. Be well and in good health.

Of course, I would always love more videos of these wonderful craftsmen and Japanese culture :) .

Jayant

Edited by pelman

http://www.ishafoundation.org/images/stories/inner/ie-logo.gif

Inner Engineering Link

Dear Kota,

Thank you again for this wonderful treat. I have enjoyed every video and thoroughly learnt so much from them. Best wishes for your family. Be well and in good health.

Of course, I would always love more videos of these wonderful craftsmen and Japanese culture :) .

Jayant

Dear Jayant,
You're most welcome. I'm really glad to hear you say that. Until now, I've kept editing and sharing this series of videos on this topic for a long time because I believe they have something worth sharing with the world. Therefore, I truly feel grateful for your deep understanding of Japanese fountain pen craftsmen and culture about Japan. Although I don't know whether I can share more videos on The Fountain Pen Network or not, I do hope I will offer something informative ( of course about, as it is called, "JaPen" ) to you all again. :)
See you then!
Best wishes from Japan,
国産万年筆研究家
安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]

Dear Kota,

I watched Master Kohei Kubo straighten nibs over and over until I could see it with my eyes shut, then I tried it myself.
It was beautiful! I was able to use his techniques to straighten the tines with a hammer
The control was amazing, During the straighten one of the tines became just a few fractions of a millimeter longer than the other. so I used the drawing technique you can see him do at 3:45 and with a few strokes, matched up the tines perfectly, No grinding or polishing necessary!
It is a very flexy nib and it hasn’t lost any of its give or spring.
The reason I am posting this it to illustrate the importance of work like this.
My deepest thanks to Master Kubo for sharing
And it also illustrates the quality of the video production. Enough information was included that I could reproduce the technique, As a craftsman, to watch someone’s hands as they work in a language of its own.
So again I must commend on you on your wonderful series. I can’t thank you enough
Mark
Beforehttp://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-k8gdGnw/0/X2/nibs%2002-X2.jpg and after

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

:huh: Wow... that's awesome!!! Seriously??? Only from watching??? Never bevor done this??? Seriously???

Great job! :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: