Masters Of The Fountain Pen

notVirtuThe3rd

Thanks, Mr. wisma46. As taking videos and editing them for YouTube is a lot of fun for me, I'm very glad to see your comment.
By the way, I went back to my hometown "Kobe city" and enjoyed shopping with my family during Golden Week holidays. Of course, I've dropped in at FP shop "Nagasawa" to see many kinds of vintage fountain pens!
This is the short trip video to "Kobe".
Best regards,
Kota Adachi
国産万年筆研究家
安達功太

Hoping to visit Japan someday and purchase fountain pens (Japanese brand!) at Nagasawa, I envy you for your having trip to Kobe.

Thanks for showing me the nice video.

Your work is always cool.

wisma46

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• terminal

• wisma46

• inkstick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So your responsible for them - I've been watching them on YouTube lately - thank you!!!

Hello, bbowell22. Welcome to my topic! :)

I hope you're enjoying watching videos of Japanese awesome FP craftsmen.

Thanks for the comment.

Best,

Kota Adachi

• 2 weeks later...

We Japanese workers are expected to take extra precautions to stay healthy during the flu season. On the other hand, people in Japan seldom wear masks except during the dry winter months. ( As a matter of course, people suffering from hay fever wear masks in the hay-fever season. ) Please take a look at the video below. In fact, nobody wears a mask because I took this video on May 20th.

- Japanese Garden -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfvw6c6Xi9M

Absolutely beautiful this movie.

Absolutely beautiful this movie.

Hi, Alex. Thanks for your watching the movie I took. :)

If you're interested in Japanese garden, please take a look at the URL below.

It might be of some help of this garden and my city "Matsue". I like this website very much!

- MADE IN MATSUE : Website (English) -

http://madeinmatsue.com/places-of-interest/explore2/yushien-japanese-landscape-garden/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSxATZr1to

Hi, Alex. Thanks for your watching the movie I took. :)

If you're interested in Japanese garden, please take a look at the URL below.

It might be of some help of this garden and my city "Matsue". I like this website very much!

- MADE IN MATSUE : Website (English) -

http://madeinmatsue.com/places-of-interest/explore2/yushien-japanese-landscape-garden/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSxATZr1to

So beautiful... I would like to be on Daikon and to see those gardens. I am interested in Japanese gardens, Japanese litterature, Japanese cinema and... Japanese pens. Well, I am decided now to visit Japan the next spring. Thank you for the link.

I am really enjoying this thread. Thank you for all the effort.

Hello, my neighbor Totoro!!

Thank you and welcome to my topic. I'm really glad to hear that.

Please enjoy watching this series of video "Masters Of The Fountain Pen".

*This is just for YOU. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpMVGgwfMcA

Best wishes from Japan,

Kota Adachi (安達功太)

So beautiful... I would like to be on Daikon and to see those gardens. I am interested in Japanese gardens, Japanese litterature, Japanese cinema and... Japanese pens. Well, I am decided now to visit Japan the next spring. Thank you for the link.

Nothing makes me happier than to hear you say SO ...as a Japanese citizen!
Are there any destinations you might want to go if you have an extra day while you're in Japan?
I personally recommend ITOYA, Maruzen, Shosai-kan, KINGDOMNOTE, Kakimori and Hakase.
If you reserve a hotel room, Ryumei-kan is the best. :thumbup:
- Shosai-kan -
- Hakase -
Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Thank you, Kota Adachi for the embedded clip from Totoro.

My wife and I have two little girls and they love that movie as well as many others from Studio Ghibli. It appears that earlier in the thread there was a discussion of Japanese cinema and my wife and I are also enormous fans of Akira Kurosawa as well as the work done by Toshiro Mifune and Tatsuya Nakadai. Interestingly enough, my favorite films with Mifune might be the Hiroshi Inagaki trilogy based upon Musashi Miyamoto. You may say that I have a fondness for many things Japanese or Japanese-inspired.

You have provided us with many wonderful views into Japanese culture and craftsmanship so I hope you do not mind if I share with you two examples of Japanese coinage. These are two pieces that I had previously purchased as gifts for my wife. I have found that many people have little knowledge of the coinage from their own country and I like to share this knowledge with others. The first is a 1917 10 Sen Year 6 (Taisho) and the second is a 1964 1000 Yen Year 39 (Showa) struck to commemorate the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. Interestingly, that second coin would tie in quite well with another Studio Ghibli film From Up On Poppy Hill.

Regards from America.

http://wsm.ezsitedesigner.com/share/scrapbook/23/239107/1917Sen600O.jpg

http://wsm.ezsitedesigner.com/share/scrapbook/23/239107/1917Sen600R.jpg

http://wsm.ezsitedesigner.com/share/scrapbook/23/239107/1964Yen600O.jpg

http://wsm.ezsitedesigner.com/share/scrapbook/23/239107/1964Yen600R.jpg

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

www.tbnumismatics.com

yeah Itoya hahaha i thought it was Ito-ya.... but eh... nevermind I was satisfied getting my CH91 from the staff but then again I knew what I was getting without actually knowing the fit of the pen and is now part of my daily carry I might have to get another one in SF might or probably just the nib and feed unit...

Thank you, Kota Adachi for the embedded clip from Totoro.

My wife and I have two little girls and they love that movie as well as many others from Studio Ghibli. It appears that earlier in the thread there was a discussion of Japanese cinema and my wife and I are also enormous fans of Akira Kurosawa as well as the work done by Toshiro Mifune and Tatsuya Nakadai. Interestingly enough, my favorite films with Mifune might be the Hiroshi Inagaki trilogy based upon Musashi Miyamoto. You may say that I have a fondness for many things Japanese or Japanese-inspired.

You have provided us with many wonderful views into Japanese culture and craftsmanship so I hope you do not mind if I share with you two examples of Japanese coinage. These are two pieces that I had previously purchased as gifts for my wife. I have found that many people have little knowledge of the coinage from their own country and I like to share this knowledge with others. The first is a 1917 10 Sen Year 6 (Taisho) and the second is a 1964 1000 Yen Year 39 (Showa) struck to commemorate the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. Interestingly, that second coin would tie in quite well with another Studio Ghibli film From Up On Poppy Hill.

Regards from America.

Hi, Totoro-san!
Thank you so much for showing me the treasurable Japanese coins. Although I'm native-born Japanese, this is the first time to see those coins. Even in Japan, it must be very hard to find them... Thanks again! And I'm now soooo happy to know you like Kurosawa's works because I respect him a lot. You might know my favorite actor is Toshiro Mifune. Speaking of "Yojimbo" and "Sanjuro", I've ever watched them dozens of times. Needless to say, I do also like Hayao Miyazaki's works as I've grown up on "Ghibli Anime".  :happy:
- Text And Video Unrelated -
Stay in touch,
Kota Adachi (安達功太)

yeah Itoya hahaha i thought it was Ito-ya.... but eh... nevermind I was satisfied getting my CH91 from the staff but then again I knew what I was getting without actually knowing the fit of the pen and is now part of my daily carry I might have to get another one in SF might or probably just the nib and feed unit...

Hi, Algester.
Yes, ITOYA!! ahah hah BTW, does CH91 stand for "Custom Heritage 91"? If so, in Japan, it has become now one of the most popular models made by Pilot. I once had Custom Heritage 912 with WA nib for notation. It was a really comfortable writer. I've never tried Custom Heritage 91, however, Pilot soft nib series has great reputation for its softness and reliability. So, if you go SF nib, I bet you won't regret getting it. Anyway, thanks for posting the comment on my primary topic!  :)
Have a good day,
Kota Adachi (安達功太)
Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Hi, Algester.
Yes, ITOYA!! ahah hah BTW, does CH91 stand for "Custom Heritage 91"? If so, in Japan, it has become now one of the most popular models made by Pilot. I once had Custom Heritage 912 with WA nib for notation. It was a really comfortable writer. I've never tried Custom Heritage 91, however, Pilot soft nib series has a great reputation for its softness and reliability. So, if you go SF nib, I bet you won't regret getting it. Anyway, thanks for posting the comment on my primary topic!  :)
Have a good day,
Kota Adachi (安達功太)

Yep its the custom heritage 91 I initially got mine in SM just to study the flexiness of the nib without having to be very meticulous about the line variation but now I know SM is not enough its too... enjoyable soon maybe soon if I'll ever drop by Tokyo that's my next pen to get provided I'm not chasing other stuff in Akiba if that will be the case I think I can adjust my budget

Yep its the custom heritage 91 I initially got mine in SM just to study the flexiness of the nib without having to be very meticulous about the line variation but now I know SM is not enough its too... enjoyable soon maybe soon if I'll ever drop by Tokyo that's my next pen to get provided I'm not chasing other stuff in Akiba if that will be the case I think I can adjust my budget

Thanks for your prompt reply. :D
Oh, I feel very glad to know you're interested in film photography as well!! If you come to Japan (Tokyo is the best place), you can find "Mamiya C330" very easily at a vintage camera shop. Then, you browse around in Ginza, get your next pen within your budget.
Best wishes from Japan,
Kota Adachi (安達功太)