As we speed towards Christmas we at Italix have to decide on any additions to the colours offered for the Italix Parson's Essential. Currently we offer marbled finishes in Blue and Amber. We also offer plain piano lacquered Black, all pens have gold trim. Also we would like to use this topic for anyone that wishes to comment on our pens, we will do our best to post answers regularly. Peter Ford at www.mrpen.co.uk

http://mrpen.co.uk/contents/media/flowlittle.png www.mrpen.co.uk

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pjford

• TSherbs

• Harlequin

• jordanjay29

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Peter,

As a big fan of the Italix pens I really would like to see them in dark green possibly with gold trimmings, specially the Parson's Essential.

Many thanks,

Rui

Kind regards,

Rui

I would like to see a very dark blue, what I call midnight blue. Just plain lacquered.

There are some blue pens, but these are more medium blue ones, like your marbled.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I just bought an Amber Parson a few weeks ago and I am very satisfied with it. However, I could easily be tempted to add to my collection by a dark green or a red one (surely, cardinal red?)

"In his physiognomy there were what seemed traces of many passions which his will had disciplined but which seemed to have frozen those features they had now ceased to animate."

Il Nome della Rosa, Umberto Eco

Episcopal purple?

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

I have the amber and the blue Parson's (as well as a Captain's Commission). I'd love to have another Parson's--in either dark red/burgundy. I'm still planning on getting the black, just not right now.

I love Italix pens. I just find them incredibly usable pens. Of course, the pocket clip on the Parson's gives me fits, and I'm glad the Captain's is easier to use.

Edited by Pengrump

When I buy in the near future, my preference will be for the Amber first, then blue. Not sure after that...

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I have two black Essentials, one marbled blue, and one marbled amber (yes, I am an Italix junkie). The amber is my go-to pen. I would religh a dark green marbled and probably a red marbled as well. Run either or both upo the flagpole, and I will gladly salute.

I have the amber 1.3mm and was planning to buy the blue in a smaller nib size later this year. Guess I should wait to see what the other color(s) will be. There's a good chance I'll end up with the blue anyway.

+1 for Episco-purple! ...or deep plum. ...or aubergine.

I would buy another Parson's and a Churchman's if they came in that kind of shade.

(Love my black Parson's already. Only think I don't like is the inherent conservatism of the colour.)

I think you will find that a LOT of people want a purple pen, myself included. But I also think a deep red (burgundy or bordeaux, dark crimson, etc.) would be an excellent color, especially with the marbling effect that the amber and blue have. Of course, expanding the color choices to the other lines like the CP and CC is a great idea! I still need to get my first PE, but other things have to happen first for me to have the funds. If these new colors are released before then (in time for the holidays), I just know my choice will be so much harder.

We use a purple for our Italix 'Originalis' and it is very popular, so that may be a very good option. We have a nice vivid green available and a powder red, both of these in the marbled effect. On a routine note, we have just gone out of stock of the blue, no more expected until 11th October or thereabouts. We keep increasing our numbers on all Italix pens but the sales are still rising very steeply. It is really nice to see Lorna and Harlequin have joined this forum, I always search for their comments on FPN, always so incisive. Lorna most of all, for reviewing the Parson's a good while ago and triggering an already successful product to go ballistic. Peter at MrPen

I think it's great that you are here Mr. Ford; being a part of the community is probably the best way to not only let people know about Italix, but I think it gives a retailer a wonderful resource and link to the people they are hoping to serve. I have to say the PE is one of the first pens I almost always recommend to anyone who is asking (the other being a Sheaffer NoNonense ^_~). In at least one occasion, it ended up being the pen the person got- based on my recommendation! How cool is that??

I'm planning to get one of these, since I've heard so many good things about it, so I'll add that I would love to have one in a deep red, with chrome clip and band... oh, and while I'm asking... can it be the band with the knot? :)

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

I'm planning to get one of these, since I've heard so many good things about it, so I'll add that I would love to have one in a deep red, with chrome clip and band... oh, and while I'm asking... can it be the band with the knot? :)

Yes, we plan to keep the knot. MrPen

Edited by pjford