InterInk

Hi, I'm looking for a waterproof/bulletproof brown ink. I like the color of Sheaffer brown. I use brown ink for my school notes on yellow paper. Can someone help me find something with good water-resistence and brown/red color?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sandy1

• InterInk

• GTOZack

• AnUprightMan

i use diamine masassar , i like the color however not sure how waterproof it is compared to noodler

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

For a brown/purple, R&K's Scabiosa (well-behaved iron-gall ink with great shading) might fit the bill. Great with water, if you see what I mean and also on all sorts of cheap paper as well. Pretty cheap in the UK and Europe too, I'd expect.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Hi,

Noodler's FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown tops my short list of Red-leaning Browns with very high water resistance combined with short smear/dry times. From the bleed- show-through

samples I ran, the results were atypical, so YYMV.

Noodler's 41 2012 also has very good water resistance, and did well on poor paper, but smear/dry times may not be short enough for your intended use. Just that bit too Yellow-leaning for my taste, which is more in the direction of the low-chroma Grey-Green Browns, such as R&K Sepia.

Bye,

S1

__ __

Noodler's FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown

Smear/Dry Times & Wet Tests.
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/Sandy1-1/FPN_2012/Ink%20Review%20-%20Noodlers%20Galileo%20Manuscript%20Brown/INK654_zps1ed965f5.jpg

Performance as a watercolour.

Paper: Arches (watercolour, cold press, white, ISO 9670 compliant, 185gsm)

• Top: Lines from the Phileas; strokes from dry and wet brushes.
  • Middle: Lines & brush strokes that were dry, then wet sponged to remove ink that may be water soluble / loosely bonded to the paper.
  • Bottom: Lines & brush strokes that were dry, but not sponged, then over-worked with a pale Blue. Dots are just the Blue.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/Sandy1-1/FPN_2012/Ink%20Review%20-%20Noodlers%20Galileo%20Manuscript%20Brown/INK656_zpsffe7f887.jpg

Noodler's 41 - 2012

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/Sandy1-1/FPN_2012/OOTE%20Ink%20Review%20-%20Noodlers%2041%202012/c26fbb26.jpg

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Thanks :) Noodler's FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown looks great. Where can I get this stuff? Goulet pen or where?

Hi,

You're welcome!

The ink may be ordered directly from FPN by going to FPN Home, then clicking the 'FPN Ink' icon, which should launch an email order form.

You may consider purchasing other FPN exclusive inks as well, especially after checking their Reviews in the Ink Review Forum. :)

(Minor league enabling . . . )

Bye,

S1

I also wanted to ask you guys, does anyone of you have experience with Monteverde Brown? I like the color but what about waterproof/water-resistance qualities?

I also wanted to ask you guys, does anyone of you have experience with Monteverde Brown? I like the color but what about waterproof/water-resistance qualities?

Hi,

When I ran samples I thought the water resistance was quite impressive for a simple aniline dye ink. However, those were run when the ink was new to the market.

There seems to be some question as to the water resistance of what's currently in the market, with Member iliadodyessy reporting "absolutely 0 water resistance." at Post № 19 https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/176304-monteverde-brown/?p=2599639

Water resistance is fairly independent of pen and paper used, so such an observation should be taken at face value - just like my observation. ;)

As water resistance is one of those selection criteria that may be a deal breaker, I would also appreciate hearing from other Members as to their evaluation of the water resistance of the current production ink.

Bye,

S1

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/Sandy1-1/InkyThoughts2010/Ink%20Review%20-%20Monteverde%20Brown/61689a84.jpg

Sandy, your reviews are always amazing!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY