Greetings From 'down Under'!

MikeyW

Hi all & thanks for making this community available for people to join!

I'm only very new (a couple of months in) to the joys (see: addiction) of fountain pens - collecting and using - but have well & truly caught the bug and am now, very proudly, a couple of pens in to my very own tiny collection (thanks to all the fine folks out there in credit card land!).

As you may have guessed from the title, I'm based in Australia and would love to know if there are many / any other members out there from this part of the world?

Well that's it from me just for now - just wanted to say hi & introduce myself.

Thanks again for having me - i'm really looking forward to contributing to your community wherever I can!

All the best,

Mike.

Mike :D

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" - Sir Winston Churchill.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeyW

• Sasha Royale

• Newjelan

• Wahl

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

And Hi to you as well. :W2FPN:

Hope you'll enjoy the forum

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Howdy Mike. Greetings from California and a warm welcome to FPN. Glad you've joined us; it's great to have you here.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Welcome, Mike !

The US has not funded the teaching of "Austrailian", so for now, just a few of us speak it.

I have encountered quite a few, who fly the same flag as you do. It has been fascinating

reading of a point of view that is Austrailian. It is still the middle of night there, so they

will be awake soon.

So, what fountain pen do you have ?

G'day.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!

Sasha - I know what you mean! It's a slight linguistic twist that takes a while to catch - I often worry that a significant portion of what I say in Aussie black humour falls through the translation cracks lol. And, in answer to your question; I'm currently using a Parker Sonnet (black with grey checked lacquer) medium nib with just the standard Parker Quink cartridges along with two Lamy Safari's (one blue ink & the other red) for my ledger work.

Also, I picked up a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age (medium nib) late last week however, after giving it a few flushes and ink changes I think it may have to go back :crybaby: as the ink isn't flowing consistently and to boot there seems to be some discolouring developing on the clip! I'm so devastated - I loved this pen the moment I laid eyes on it and to not have it work properly is gutting! In saying that, I have done some digging around on the forums here and have noticed that while people seem to love them, there are more than a few comments about the less than stellar consistency out of Visconti.....

Sorry for the vent lol!

As a side note, I've only just started my collection and it's very early days. I'd love to hear how long some of the other members on here have been collecting for??

Have a good one all,

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network!

Best Regards,

Vincenzo

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Greetings, Mike, and a warm welcome to FPN! :W2FPN:

A nice collection you have started! I'm so sorry to hear about your expereince with the Homo Sapiens. It's such a beautiful pen and I hope it can be remedied so that you can enjoy it.

I can't recall a time when I didn't have multiple fountain pens, so it's hard to say when I began "collecting". All i know is, it's frightfully easy for those tiny pens to start taking over all the space in one's office, especially when they bring along their mates, ink, paper, storage boxes, books and the like. I love every minute of it, though, and hope you do as well.

Enjoy your time on FPN. We're glad you're here.

All the best,

Gem