A List Of Chinese Ink Brands

whitedot

Unfortunately most of them are shimmering or calligraphy ink that is definitely not fountain pen friendly despite what the Mfr might say about it. And even for those that are not formulated so they tend be be temperamental or over saturated. A few individual pigment based ink for documents are fine. Right now I wold concentrate my collection to the Hero 7200 series ( which now consist of 24+1 color , the +1 being just basic Black ) and its by the Mfr mixable. And the Ostrich color set which is pretty nice.

I do enjoy some of those off beat or boutique ink , some time they do come in color that's ard to come by ut more often I found tha there's really little difference between various ones that's basically still on same hue

Those are exactly my observations as well.

Most of the new fangled inks are unsafe for fountain pens and are part of this fad for glass pens. As far as Chinese boutique inks in non-standard colors go, I think Penbbs can't be beat. Although, even they have fallen into the glitter trap with several of their recent collections. You also can't go wrong with Hero.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seele

• whitedot

• Dip n Scratch

• Alexes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently got the Medicine & Wine set from TheBAI (non-shimmer version). Inked up the wingsung 618 with one of the colors, and after about 2 weeks it's still behaving well. Really nice packaging!

My pen is smaller than yours. Now get off my lawn.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been able to actually buy ink from taobao and have it shipped internationally?

All agents I have found won't ship anything more than 10ml per shipment.

I wonder how AliExpress and eBay vendors manage to circumvent this restriction, but taobao agents can't...

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been able to actually buy ink from taobao and have it shipped internationally?

All agents I have found won't ship anything more than 10ml per shipment.

I wonder how AliExpress and eBay vendors manage to circumvent this restriction, but taobao agents can't...

There is 15ml bottle inks seller in Aliexpress, called Zycc. They told me exactly this when I asked for registered tracking number:

China Post registration does not accept liquid delivery. Only e-packets can be sent for information tracking.

The cheaper method was SunYou economic Airmail. I got a 30ml delivery with SunYou shipping method.

Last year, when I purchased some goods from TaoBao over a proxy, they had a e-packet option as far as I remember. Maybe a TaoBao proxy may help you out there.

Edited by Ardakilic

• 2 years later...

I can't read the Chinese characters. But the M:G.....(60ml) ink is very high quality. It is available here in local Pakistan market for Rs. 200 ($1.35). It comes in only 3 shades. Blue, Black and Red. 

I have been IMG_20210709_083417_746.jpg.0ca2f8beef79c4c768b5a407b1978452.jpgusing the blue and it is, to my understanding, at par with Pelikan 4001 inks. 

IMG_20210709_084030_595.jpg

IMG_20210709_084206_598.jpg

IMG_20210709_084006_546.jpg

Khan M. Ilyas

• 6 months later...

mitto,

There are in fact rumors claiming that those M&G branded inks are OEMed by Ostrich of Tianjin, widely spread between ink fans in Mainland China.

I had personally bought several items from Ostrich's own Taobao.com store, and they literally used M&G cartons to pack and ship my orders! Ink fans on Baidu Tieba had often said that M&G inks were almost identical to Ostrich's own 55x-series premium line of inks.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, mitto said:

I can't read the Chinese characters. But the M:G.....(60ml) ink is very high quality. It is available here in local Pakistan market for Rs. 200 ($1.35). It comes in only 3 shades. Blue, Black and Red. 

I have been IMG_20210709_083417_746.jpg.0ca2f8beef79c4c768b5a407b1978452.jpgusing the blue and it is, to my understanding, at par with Pelikan 4001 inks. 

IMG_20210709_084030_595.jpg

IMG_20210709_084206_598.jpg

IMG_20210709_084006_546.jpg

Regards,

BDK01, from Beijing PRC

• 1 month later...

Can you buy Ostrich or any of the other Chinese inks in Europe? I read on here about some of the ink people have had.

Has anyone had any luck getting ink via a Taobao proxy?

Who makes the Man in the Trilby Hat ink?

I  found Ostrich inks on Buy To Me, a proxy buyer. They won't ship liquids.

• 5 months later...
On 14.03.2022 at 18:37, Dip n Scratch said:

Кто делает чернила для Человека в фетровой шляпе?

Я нашел чернила страуса на Buy To Me, прокси-покупателе. Жидкости не отправляют.

Do you mean these ones?

IMG20220911120625.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-11-12-09-30-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

IMG20220911121049.jpg

Managed to get Ostrich Ink. I was given a very long delivery time for the ink. (5th Nov). Latest tracking suggested it might be coming by air after all. Don't know what is going on.....

Yet you get the 'no-ship-by-air' if you go via a intermediary. I had that issue when I thought that I could get some Green Leaf ink.

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2013 at 12:00 AM, whitedot said:

Baoke 寶克

Beijing 北京

Boss/ Laoban 老闆

Crocodile/ Eyu 鱷魚

Crown/ Huangguan 皇冠

Doctor/ Boshi 博士

Duke/ Gongjue 公爵

Dux/ Dakesi 達克斯 Hero sub-brand

Hero/ Yingxiong 英雄

Huachen 華辰 Chongqing

Huguang 滬光 Shanghai Ink Factory

Kaigelu 凯格路

Lixin 立信

One Pen/ Yizhibi 一支筆

Oriental/ Aolindan 奥林丹

Ostrich/ Tuoniao 鴕鳥 Tianjin

Pearl River/ Zhujiang 珠江

Picasso/ Bijiasuo 畢加索

Playboy/ Huahuagongzi 花花公子 :huh:

Red Apple/ Hongpingguo 紅蘋果 One Pen sub-brand

Red Rock/ Hongyan 紅岩 Chongqing

Regal/ Huangjia 皇家

Shanghai 上海 Shanghai Ink Factory

Yingkesi 英克斯 Guizhou

Yuanchang 元昌 Shanghai

This list is not exhaustive. Next step: Which factories made them?

Boss and yingkesi are produced by the same factory. 

2 minutes ago, Alexes said:

Boss and yingkesi are produced by the same factory. 

I bought 2 bottles (dye black and pure blue) of boss ink (man in hat) something about 5 months ago for 3 USD. The seller described them as "not bad- not good". I was really impressed with blue ink for that price, but, of course it isn't comparable with Hero 233 I used before. Moreover blue ink is scented as rotten fruits, and after some days in pen it smells.... Black ink I can't compare with anything because I used only carbon Hero 234 before. By the way, they smell ok.  It feathers a bit because I use thin paper for my study. May be for that reason I think that parker quink and Hero one of the best inks (available and affordable) for writing Some weeks later I visited the store again and bought also 2 bottles of jinhao 5001 for 3 bucks.