Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Should I Pay First, Or Wait For A Reply

studiohead

Hello All,

I managed to successfully bid for 3 pens from the same seller on eBay and have send a requested total to see if he would be able to combine shipping to Singapore from Philadelphia. However, it has been more then 24 hours since the end of the auction and I have yet to receive any response. I normally pay within a few hours of the auction closing or immediately but this is the first time, I purchase that many items from the same seller at the same time. Should I just bite the bullet and pay now with International Shipping at USD$15 times 3 or wait abit longer to see a response? I understand people should be on their way home from the Washington Supershow so what do you guys think?

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanF

• jar

• Scrawler

• studiohead

Top Posters In This Topic

I would wait, maybe send another message saying you are still waiting for a reply.

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

That I know, I am painfully aware it is Monday Afternoon in the Eastern Seaboard, Headaches when working West Coast timing in my day job and Eastern timing on my other job. It is already 1:30am here in Singapore. I guess I would wait. After all the auction ended between 9 and 10am Sunday Eastern. I will followup with a message later in day. Thanks guys.

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

Hello Studiohead,

Remember that patience is a virtue. :)

It can also pay off, you're talking about paying almost $50 just for shipping! I would wait a couple of days and give the seller a chance to respond; he may have to check with his local post office to get the correct actual rate- and that can take some time. This is one of the reasons why I don't even offer international shipping on my e-bay sales- it's a real headache getting all of the different rates- and those website rate quotes can be "iffy."

I'd just relax and give the seller a little time... good things come to those who wait. ;)

All the best,

Sean :)

Edited by S. P. Colfer

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Be patient and wait a little longer. I know that waiting is unpleasant as I always immediately pay as well. You can send another email if you like; I have done that in the past.