What Colors Do You Wish Were Available In X Model Of Pen?

Dioxazine

Boy gosh, I sure would like a rich royal blue celluloid or acrylic pen with bold crimson red veins. It would be my designated royal blue pen, and I'd put royal blue ink in it, and it would dry to show rich blue coloring and have a crimson sheen. Yes, I would really like a pen like that. Its color name would just be Royal Blue.

I'd love a Noodler's Konrad with that color. In fact, I'd love several of them.

(The Royal blue Lamy Safari's blue was not a rich ultramarine. It was just sky blue. Not good enough)

But as for colors I'm very glad exist, I'm super happy that The Zuni Ahab is like jeans, with ink stains and gold threading. I pair it up with Diamine Denim, and it was always meant to be.

The pink tiger is interesting. I initially got it just because it was on sale, and fortunately I got one with a really good nib. It reminds me of a strawberry desert dessert, with the strawberries and whipped cream, but the black part is like licorice, and I don't think licorice would go well with strawberries and cream (but IDK, I never tried that combo). I would recommend the black part be switched to brown, because chocolate syrup would be more fitting on strawberries and cream, and it wouldn't have such a harsh look to it.

And also the black clip on the gray Safari is too harsh against the matte 20% gray. But the black clip looks excellent on the charcoal Safari. And the two of them do make a good pair. What if I switched the black clip on the Gray to a chrome clip? Maybe I should try that sometime.

so you can go ahead and blah about what pen colors you'd like, do like, or think could stand to be different.

Edited by Dioxazine

The faintest ink is more powerful than the strongest memory - Chinese proverb

Dioxazine Letter Tracker

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaperDarts

• JesterKat

• JessR45

• carlosviet

A light blue Pelikan M1005 ( think that the 5 means it has rhodium trim tell me if i am wrong).

Edited by Cerbervs

There is a world shortage in white/ivory pens. Green pens aren`t that common either.

Instead, there are blue pens everywhere. I personally don`t like blue, so naturally i wonder why blue is superior to green or white. Is blue a true classic, like black, or something?

Edited by rochester21

I'll add to the purple requests: Pelikan Souveran in striated purple.

+1 for purple. A deep, rich imperial purple, with a finish like a car where you could fall into it forever.

I'm also all for rich reds and emerald greens and sunny yellows, and all the jewel toned colors.

Clear, strong colors, not muddy, not grey, not black, not transparent, maybe translucent, though.

A pretty tortoiseshell, not the ones you generally see that are dark and gloomy and mostly black, pretty browns with some green tones and some ivory and a tiny bit of black for depth.

So many blah pens! I love the colors on the Safaris, but my personal aesthetic is horrified by the design - just not to my taste.

It's a pity that clear, bright colors don't seem to be favored these days except in children's plastic toys and some car paints.

Katie

I would love a bright orange, bright green or tanzanite celluloid Montegrappa Miya, or an all matte black Omas 360 (including nib)

Also an Omas 360 in Red Chinese lacquer

The MB 149 in the celluloid stripes of the Vacumatic. That would be my perfect pen.

“Of the gladdest moments in human life, methinks, is the departure upon a distant journey into unknown lands. Shaking off with one mighty effort the fetters of Habit, the leaden weight of Routine, the cloak of many Cares and the slavery of Civilization, man feels once more happy.” - Sir Richard. F. Burton

Another fan of purple! Deep rich purple for a Lamy Safari - a more luminous paler purple for a Lamy Al-star, like the Silver-blue Al-star. Yes, many people see hints of lavender in the latter but I'd like to see one that was unequivocally purple.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

Black with a touch of orange for everything. More realistically, I'd like to see the TWSBI Mini in some different colors.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell