Which Ink For My Green Pen

Mesu

Hi,

I have recently acquired few Deccan ebonite pens and i am looking for an ink for the green in the pic.

I like matching the color of the inks to my pens. Which ink color would be good in this pen?

I am not looking for a perfect match. Any shade which comes close would be great. This would be a daily use pen and i prefer inks which are wet.

post-104386-0-63356700-1376117450_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mesu

• corniche

• WOBentley

• dragondazd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about Noodler's Gruene Cactus Eel...wet and wonderful!

Or Diamine Green-Black if you want darker

Or if you are looking for a nice ink that is a bit unique...Organics Studio "Join or Die" (green/sepia) or their brighter "Baum" ink...

Sooo many wonderful greens!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Left to right ( warning I am partly color blind but still good at matching take my result with a grain of salt).

1 private reserveebony green

2 diamine evergreen

3 noodlers bad green gator

Edited by Cerbervs

Diamine Sherwood Green is a great dark green that I use in my green Parker 45

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

Double post...sorry!

Edited by dragos.mocanu

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

I like Diamine Umber a lot, a somewhat subdued green that doesn't shout.

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

Hello Mesu,

Have you ever considered a complementary color? Brown is an excellent complement to green- Waterman Havana Brown for instance.

All the best,

Sean :)

Edited by S. P. Colfer

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Wow.. so many excellent suggestions. Thanks guys.

I will try out the Goulet ink samples and decide on one.

Hello Mesu,

Have you ever considered a complementary color? Brown is an excellent complement to green- Waterman Havana Brown for instance.

All the best,

Sean :)

Great idea Sean. I have Diamine Ancient copper will check with it and see how it goes.

I like Diamine Umber a lot, a somewhat subdued green that doesn't shout.

Dan

+1

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I've been using Diamine Ultragreen on my green Advocate. Good combo!

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

I have to admit that I forgot about Diamine Umber (in my head, being married to an Artist, Umber is a reddish brown color)... Never understood why Diamine named a wonderful green Umber...but it is a great color!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Organic Studios Uranium

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

R&K Verdura beats MB Irish Green by a nose, Pelikan 4001 green is third by a head. Medium green-green shading inks.

Price winner Pelikan, R&K then MB.

I got Pelikan green, and really was only going to need one...right? :lticaptd:

A year and 11 greens later. :vbg:

Do get good to better papers, 90g minimum.

Laser paper only. :thumbup:

Never ink jet.

And I can not see how a combo paper can work with out FP compromises. :angry:

Of course in the States for a quick visit...grabbed all the Southworth paper in the world to find out it combo paper.

Good paper still....but perhaps it would be better if it wasn't combo.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

My favorite green pen uses J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage, mostly at work. My second favorite uses Gruen Cactus. I have a silver pen that likes Diamine Apple Glory, but that's not a green for everyone. I use it for my personal notebook only. To me, it's just a happy color.

Great idea Sean. I have Diamine Ancient copper will check with it and see how it goes.

Hello Mesu,

You're welcome- and I have Ancient Copper myself- that would be a beautiful color for that pen. ;)

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.