Rouge Hematite Swap Thread

nomadhacker

Following up from this thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/249977-how-to-recognize-old-formula-j-herbin-1670-rouge/

It seems there are people who dislike the sediment-heavy original J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite but liked the red color. And there are people who dislike the new sheen-reduced reformulation.

I thought it would be nice to start a thread where people who may be interested in exchanging their reasonably unused (for whichever reason) bottles for the opposite with someone who has the opposite problem.

Please make all trade offers via PM to keep personal details out of the threads. Also, an update when your trade has been made would be nice, to let people know you're off the list.

To participate in this, simply supply the following in your post (using myself as example):

I Have: Reformulation

I Want: Original

http://stubblefield.me Inks Available for Sample Exchange: Noodler's Black, Blue Black, Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Sherwood Green, Tanzanite, Velvet Black, De Atramentis Aubergine, J. Herbin Lie de The, 1670 Rouge Hematite, Bleu Ocean, Lamy Turquoise, Rohrer & Klingner Salix, Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black, OS Red Rubber Ball, Parker Quink Blue (India version)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nomadhacker

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

• JonSzanto

Interesting... I have an unopened bottle of it.. I went to check if there is any "gold" dust and I don't see anything... :bawl:

Count me in...

I Have: Reformulation

I Want: Original

P.S. I am willing to pay the shipping difference... so don't discount me just cause I am canuck. ;)

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hey all ya'lls. I'm one of the original posters on the referring thread. A moderator report was opened to discuss whether or not this thread should instead be a "wanted" section of the classifieds.

While I did not consider the trade to be substantially different from ink sample swaps, the new rules do have a rule about trades (see below). Thus, the post should properly be under the classifieds.

If you post up a classified, I will try and add the link from this thread.

Amber

See the rule here:

11. Wanted To Trade (WTT).

Create a normal Classified, including photograph, price (value), etc., and add WTT to the beginning of the item header text. Indicate in the description of the item what you would like to trade for. This is effectively a sale, be it not necessarily for money, hence the same requirements apply as do for sales.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

The rule referenced seems to imply an individual want ad. I was thinking of this as a matchup thread for several users- sort of like the ink swap-rather than a single user wanted post. Would a thread like this be able to go under classifieds? Or would those have to be single posts per user?

http://stubblefield.me Inks Available for Sample Exchange: Noodler's Black, Blue Black, Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Sherwood Green, Tanzanite, Velvet Black, De Atramentis Aubergine, J. Herbin Lie de The, 1670 Rouge Hematite, Bleu Ocean, Lamy Turquoise, Rohrer & Klingner Salix, Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black, OS Red Rubber Ball, Parker Quink Blue (India version)

So after some input from other moderators, the consensus seems to be that a thread is more appropriate than a classified because hopefully you will have a lot more than 1 or 2 people involved.

Sorry for the delay.

Let's swap some ink!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Ok. Have we got it all sorted out? You sure?? Convene another meeting??? HMMMM????

Ok then.

I have a New Formulation Rouge Hematite. It has no gold.

I would love the Old Formulation, with the gold (and sheen).

I think there are only about two fills gone out of the bottle, maybe three. PM me if you would like to trade, hopefully with a similarly full bottle.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

So after some input from other moderators, the consensus seems to be that a thread is more appropriate than a classified because hopefully you will have a lot more than 1 or 2 people involved.

Sorry for the delay.

Let's swap some ink!

Thanks for keeping us going.

I'm hoping this won't be completely lopsided and we'll help some people out :)