Fake Boheme Solitaire Gold Citrine Grid Pattern

cednocon

First off, my apology for adding yet another "is this fake" topic. The MB pen in question is a 18k Boheme Solitaire Gold Citrine with grid pattern that is listed on Ebay. I would like an advice if the boheme gold came in a grid design. I tried google as well as searching the FPN forum and nothing came up. (Well, google came up with other Ebay listing--which is not helpful at all.) The link below to the Ebay item:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370797221001

Any MB collectors out there own such type of pen in grid pattern, or is it just another creative product of the counterfeiters? Was there ever a Boheme in gold with grid? From what articles I've found online, they all show (or point) to the Boheme gold with striped pattern only.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by cednocon

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• Paul80

• Pen Nut

• cednocon

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ask myself, why would this seller be selling such an expensive item as a one off, it not like they are selling a lot of this type of item, their normal sales are of items that are very different to pens and at a lot lower price.

Why would they buy such an expensive item only to sell it at a knock down price.

I would think twice, but that's me.

Paul

Edited by Paul80

The pen shown, in the picture at least, is indeed a Montblanc Boheme Citrin with the square guilloche inlay and the model number is M25190 as quoted.......now then will you get the one in the picture, which looks oh so much like the one in my Montblanc point of sale catalogue, or will you get some rough ended copy is the big question. Its your gamble my friend.

Edited just to clarify that yes this design was done by Montblanc.

Edited by Pen Nut

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Pen Nut is correct. This is an authentic Boheme model that Mb produced. I have no reason to believe it's a fake.

It has a retractable nib and it only uses cartridges.

Chinese fakes don't have retractable nibs and they come with converters, because those are common features of fake Mb's. Even Starwalkers come with converters when they are fakes.

You couldn't possibly be confused with a fake switch here, because you would instantly know if it's nib didn't retract and it came as a C/C filler

Edited by Chrissy

Pen Nut is correct. This is an authentic Boheme model that Mb produced. I have no reason to believe it's a fake.

It has a retractable nib and it only uses cartridges.

Chinese fakes don't have retractable nibs and they come with converters, because those are common features of fake Mb's. Even Starwalkers come with converters when they are fakes.

You couldn't possibly be confused with a fake switch here, because you would instantly know if it's nib didn't retract and it came as a C/C filler

This seller is legit, they buy their pieces at private sales and then resell them. I have bought from them previously with no questionable items.

Below as copied from the advert. Bit confusing or what ?

MONT BLANChttp://www.ssb3.net/users/26719/tplimages/custom/tmpixel/hippie2/main.jpg

Premiere of a milestone in the success story of Montblanc Watch making. All the renowned SIHH in Geneva, the MB R100, the first Montblanc calibre manufactured in their own workshops had been presented, paying tribute to one of the most innovative spirits in watch making: Nicolas Rieussec, the inventor of chronograph. Creating classic objects of timeless aesthetics and long lasting value, Montblanc prides itself in balancing between traditional craftsmanship and innovation.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

They don't have retractable nibs and they have converters, so they are obviously fakes.

Is that not what I said it was.

in the auction photos they don't show any view with the nib retracted either.

not saying it is fake though just pointing it out.

Edited by Paul80

The seller says it has a retractable nib in his description.

It's even a retractable fine nib. That makes it unlikely to be a fake IMHO

Edited by Chrissy

I would like to thank everyone who commented. I really appreciate all your time and advice as I am not familiar with the Boheme line and have never owned one. What I know about it comes from just articles online. But I have not encountered a review of a gold Boheme with the grid pattern. I'll admit, I rather like it more than the striped pattern because it as it reminds me of my old Parker 75 gold with the crosshatch/gri pattern... and the grid look has more facets that capture the light and make it go bling bling to the eyes. :)

(Although, for such a pricey pen clad in shimmering gold--if it is authentic--then I kind of wish that Montblanc had used the 149 18K nib with the tri-color rather than the two color nib. i think that goes well with the body.)

Again, thank you very much, everyone!

I would like to thank everyone who commented. I really appreciate all your time and advice as I am not familiar with the Boheme line and have never owned one. What I know about it comes from just articles online. But I have not encountered a review of a gold Boheme with the grid pattern. I'll admit, I rather like it more than the striped pattern because it as it reminds me of my old Parker 75 gold with the crosshatch/gri pattern... and the grid look has more facets that capture the light and make it go bling bling to the eyes. :)

(Although, for such a pricey pen clad in shimmering gold--if it is authentic--then I kind of wish that Montblanc had used the 149 18K nib with the tri-color rather than the two color nib. i think that goes well with the body.)

Again, thank you very much, everyone!

Just for clarity, this wasn't made as an 18ct gold pen. It was 18ct gold plated. Only the nib is gold.

The seller mentions the GP cap and barrel in his description

Edited by Chrissy