Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Longtime Penlover, Newbe On Fpn

thINK

Nice to meet you!

15 years ago my parents frowned at me, when I bought my first serious fountain pen; a Waterman of about 70 euro's. In their opinion:

A] waaaay too much money for a poor student to spending on anything not directly necessary and

B] An absolute bizar amount of money to spend on something as irrelevant as a pen

But I absolutely loved my pen (after working years with a variety of low-quality pens). Sadly I lost that specific pen. In a hotel room in France. If there's any country suitable for losing a Waterman, it's probable France, but still sad. After that first serious FP, serveral others became in my possession... And today my pen-love even shows some signs of addictive behaviour.. I'm a 'anonymous FPN reader' for quite some time now... Today it felt like the right moment to have my public coming out. So here I go:

"Hi. My name is thINK and I'm a pen-o-holic".

After a period of pure sponging up a lot of information here, I'm planning on some point write nice pen and/or ink-reviews in the future to contribute to FPN.

Warm regards,

*thINK*

Warm regards, *thINK*

http://s23.postimg.org/xbbh37pgn/th_INKface.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• The Blue Knight

• Sasha Royale

• thINK

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                 My Favorite Brick and Mortar Store

Vanness Pens - Now selling Online!

Welcome !

That, indeed, was a lot of money for pen ! And, then, you lost it ? Did you ever tell your parents ?

I never would have told.

Many you find many more to keep and not lose.

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Did you ever tell your parents ?

I never would have told.

Well, I kept it ontold for quite a while... but in the end I did tell them. Of course I was accused of serious sloppyness... But in fact the pen was not actually spontanuously lost. It more or less 'rolled' under the hotelbed or something. I simply could't retrieve it at while being there only for one night. Their was barely any light... I asked the staff to look out for my pen... but never heard from them again... It was a horrible pitty at that time, but I came over it :-)

Warm regards, *thINK*

Hallo thINK en welkom bij FPN: Het vulpennen gekkenhuis (Fountain Pen Nuthouse)

Well that's not the first thing one would expect losing in a room in Paris.

Hope your stay there was memorable in more and better ways.

(I was swept away by the Musee d'Orsay)

There's a lot of information here on many other pens and parafernalia.

Hope you'll enjoy the forum, looking forward to your reports.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

My current collection:

- parker vector (stainless steel)

- waterman audace (pinkish flowers)

- rotring initial (dark blue)

- 2 faber castell e-motion (brown parquet and rhombus white)

- visconti rembrandt (purple)

I recently sold my parker sonnet steel nib... Somehow I couldn't write with it without getting inkstains all over my fingers).

On my current wishlist: my first gold nib... I think i'm falling for a pelikan M640.

Warm regards, *thINK*

My current collection:

- parker vector (stainless steel)

- waterman audace (pinkish flowers)

- rotring initial (dark blue)

- 2 faber castell e-motion (brown parquet and rhombus white)

- visconti rembrandt (purple)

I recently sold my parker sonnet steel nib... Somehow I couldn't write with it without getting inkstains all over my fingers).

On my current wishlist: my first gold nib... I think i'm falling for a pelikan M640.

That's a nice collection!

Next on my list is a Parker Sonnet as my Lamy Studio didn't live up to my expectations. i just want a decent mid range fountain pen which is enjoyable to use.

Hello there thINK, it's good to make your aquaintence.Greetings from California and a very warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us. :thumbup:

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

15 years ago my parents frowned at me, when I bought my first serious fountain pen; a Waterman of about 70 euro's. In their opinion:

A] waaaay too much money for a poor student to spending on anything not directly necessary and

B] An absolute bizar amount of money to spend on something as irrelevant as a pen

My parents had the same reaction... Welcome to FPN, you are in good company of sympathetic experiences!

Built from Ink and Tea: A Blog about Lego, Fountain Pens, and...Tea!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png