Some Good Clones Of Great Pens?

theexpanciluser

I am looking of a clone for Sheaffer PFM, or some other great pen, and Parker 51 and all the good stuff, I am also looking for the Sheaffer Snorkel.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theexpanciluser

• proton007

• richardandtracy

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

Wing Sung 235, Hero 616 jumbo. They are not great, but pretty good writers, accessible for those who don`t live in the US, where one can get the real pens for peanuts !

Edited by rochester21

Hero 100 is better. It even has the 14K gold nib

^^ This.

I'm going to post a short review of a P51, along with a few clones (Hero 1000, Baoer 100, Hero 616, Hero 336 and Wing Sheng 036) in a day or two.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

^^ This.

I'm going to post a short review of a P51, along with a few clones (Hero 1000, Baoer 100, Hero 616, Hero 336 and Wing Sheng 036) in a day or two.

Thanks please post the link when uploaded!!

I don't know if its a model you're looking for, but the Baoer 388 is a nice clone of the Parker Sonnet. I have the stainless steel version, its pretty much my workhorse pen.

JS

I still use a Hero 330 (Black), and its more than enough value for the price, but the QC varies.

Edited by proton007

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

is "great clone pens" an oxymoron?

To me a clone is not much if any better than a fake.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Fakes pretend to be the original, clones don't.

The following are very good and I use them interchangably with the original

Parker Sonnet: Duke 209, Kaigelu 356.

Parker Duofold International: Jinhao Century Mk 2

Parker Duofold Centennial: Kaigelu 316

Fairly good:

Parker Sonnet: Baoer 388.

Parker 61: Parker 17 Standard, later models.

Give an idea of the original but nothing much more:

Parker Sonnet: Hero 5020.

Parker 51: Hero 616. Parker 21, Parker 21 Super

Wrong Size (diameter or length, or both) but otherwise adequate to good.

Parker 51: Hero 100, Hero 329, Hero 330, Jinhao 321 (the best non P51/61 hooded nib pen I have come across bar none - shame it's out of production), Bahadur 612, Dux 612.

Parker 61: Wing Sung 812

I am afraid I don't know makes other than Parker very well.

Regards,

Richard

is "great clone pens" an oxymoron?

To me a clone is not much if any better than a fake.

Well, there are many pens that are good quality clones. 'Homage' is a better word.

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts