Clairefontaine And Rhodia 3 Hole Punch Notebooks

lourdesgirl101

Has anybody tried either the Clairefontaine or Rhodia 3 hole punch notebooks? I want to get some good loose leaf paper - not the stuff that you can practically see through whatever you are looking at. I have some from last year and it bleeds through like it's nobody's business. Or would I be better off getting a notepad and using a three hole punch?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cellmatrix

• lourdesgirl101

• Ghost Plane

• Prolix

I use them and like them but they are a bit expensive. However as I recall, I got a bulk order deal from dickblick which worked out to a little over 6 dollars a pad with free shipping.

Edited by cellmatrix

The paper is pretty thick and the notebooks are quite substantial in weight. I like them though and the notebook pages are perforated so they tear out easily.

Edited by Cake

Clairefontaine paper is sensational for FP use. If you like the paper and can pay the price they are fantastic. I have used them and love them.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I use the 3-hole punched Rhodia staple pads every day. I have a hole punch and could use that, but the punched pads cost the same as the unpunched ones, so I see no reason to hassle with it. The paper is excellent for pencils and fountain pens. The holes are a little larger than the standard hole-punch will produce, which results in pages that turn with greater ease in binders.

In sum: exactly what I need from my paper!

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to give you an update. I did buy the Rhodia 3 hole punch from Jet Pens. It was much more expensive than Goulet Pens. I guess I know where I'm ordering from next time. I do like it a lot. It makes me never want to use crappy filler paper again.

I just wanted to give you an update. I did buy the Rhodia 3 hole punch from Jet Pens. It was much more expensive than Goulet Pens. I guess I know where I'm ordering from next time. I do like it a lot. It makes me never want to use crappy filler paper again.

Hey thats great. But you must have missed my attempt to help you above and this other thread. Next time, my advice would be to wait for dickblick to have a sale, which they do every other week or so, and then buy. Last week for example, I got a batch of #18 rhodia 3 hole punch pads from them for $5.39 a pad with free shipping, a far better deal than what anyone else offers. No affiliation, just a rhodia fan who has shopped around a bit. Cheers.

Edited by cellmatrix