Introducing The Scientist Ebonite Pens From Organics Studio

OrganicsStudio

Hello all!

To kickoff the weeks leading to the DC Pen Show, we are releasing the first images of our new line of ebonite pens. They can be found here! They are all eyedropper filled, as standard with many ebonite pens. They are made through an awesome partnership with an Indian based artisan.

We will have the styles and colors available soon, with the Mendeleev available immediately! We will be shipping to our retailers in the coming weeks, and can accept orders through tyler@organicsstudio.com.

We are offering a limited number at the moment of each style for reviews/feedback on the pens. There are very few left, so act now!

We have some more cool products for all of you inkophiles coming in the next week or so, so stay tuned and like us on Facebook to keep up!

Until next time,

Tyler

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OrganicsStudio

• hari317

• Mesu

• rvthof

Great looking pens, especially the bigger sizes. I love the MB149 size.

But I'm not so fond of eyedroppers, are there any converter types in the planning?

Rob

any hints as to the price range?

"Vae me, puto concacavi me!" -Seneca

ἄριστον μέν ὕδωρ μέλαν

They will be priced all under $150. They can be modified to add a 14k hand made nib, but that adds to cost. Detailed prices will be updated soon! They are all ebonite pens with ebonite feeds and steel nibs.

And for now, it looks like eyedropper will be the dominating fill system. A convertor/piston system may be possible in the future.

Tyler

They look similar to Guiders...

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

We checked out Guiders Pens, but didn't like the clips on them. They were a tad flimsy.

Tyler

Ratnamson?

The Lavoisier is their 302 and the OS special is the Supreme?

These are good pens, nice to see Mr Ramanamurthy get some good business.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Ratnamson?

Best

Hari

If Hari is right, then I'm very happy for Mr. Ramanamurthy. He is a very polite and generous man. And of course, they charge very less for their great quality ebonite pens.

I'm not affiliated with them though;Just a very happy customer :)

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

Ratnamson?

Best

Hari

Those look great, Hari. Do you know how much the Ratnamson 302 and Supreme sell for, more or less, so I can compare the prices with the Organics Studio Scientist Pens Lavoisier and OS Special once released? I've seen some completed listsings for the Ratnamson pens on ebay that sold for under £13 GBP total (or $20 USD) with shipping, but I can't seem to find any current listings. Thanks.

Hi, I would not do a direct price comparison. I feel it is a great service when someone or a company orders pens from an obscure source like Ratnamson and then makes them available to a wider audience who can then access the items more easily. It is a win win for both the pen maker as well as the reseller. I think the effort is huge and markups necessary.

All I can say is that if the pens are indeed from Ratnamson, the quality will be very good and the pens will be well received.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hey guys -

These are some things we are planning to address.

Yes, these pens are made by Ratnamson, as Hari pointed out. They are of FANTASTIC quality - we've fallen in love with the quality and ease of modifications of the nibs. They can be knocked out really easily with a knockout block, and a different nib, or adjusted nib refitted.

As far as a mark up - yes there will be a bit. By the import process and fees on our end, we have to cover that and make it worth our while. We think we have a balance where it is marked up a bit, but still reasonable. We are also modifying the pens in house to accept a rubber sac, for a modest fee, to allow for easier filling as opposed to only eyedropper filled.

These pens are difficult to find, and if you'd like to hunt them down and get one direct, be my guest. We have done the importing work for you, and can offer you the convenience of the pen being there is only a few days, as opposed to over a month delivery time. We will bring the lowest prices possible while still surviving and growing as a company. These pens will be released formally at the DC show, and the remaining stock will be distributed to our retailers. Some samples are still available on our store page HERE.

Hope this answers some questions :)

Tyler

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a Lavoisier today at Vanness (vanness1938.com) today. A nice shade of brown different from the rest of my Ratnamsons. Looking forward to putting it through its paces!

WANTED:

Delta Indios (FP or BP)

Delta Inuit (FP or BP)

Delta Don Quijote (BP or FP, green pref.)

other Delta Indigenous People

(M nibs or wider preferred)

Earlier in June, when i was talking Mr. Ramanamurthy, he mentioned that he received a bulk order from US. I thought it was Wancher.

Nice to see Organics studio too selling Rathnamson pens.

All I can say is that if the pens are indeed from Ratnamson, the quality will be very good and the pens will be well received.

I second Hari on this, having quite a few Rathnamson pens myself.

Ratnamson?

Comparing with no. 15 in their catalog, looks more like the Lavoisier is their 32 and the OS special is 302.

Edited by Mesu