Hero's Safari Clone

wieniawski

I am so asking my family in China to get me one or a few of these. I already own and frequently use my Lamys but this is just too good, can't wait till a real 2000 clone. :notworthy1:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• TSherbs

• wieniawski

• Moshe ben David

Safari's nib disappoint me. maybe the Hero's would be better.

can't wait for the Hero 2K!!!

If hero made a model without windows on body for eyedropper convertion (to replace lamy body or stand alone ) i may try

Ok, somebody in Pensbbs.com already bought and reviewed the pen and there is a summary for the review.

• 2 weeks later...

And now we wait for Hero to release Spring Savannah Green, Winter Terracotta and Autumn Flame colours :)

If only....

I need to try one, if merely by way of comparison,

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

It's weird, but I feely oddly tempted myself. It's odd because I couldn't adjust to the real Safari, so this pen would likely be no different.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

And now we wait for Hero to release Spring Savannah Green, Winter Terracotta and Autumn Flame colours :)

haha.... i guess this would be so interesting to see...

Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for.

Want: Montblanc 146 Burgundy F | Need: What do you think?

Hope and faith goes hand-in-hand, because without hope there is no faith. The same goes with want and needs, without any wants, there no need to have a need.

I think that plenty of people in Asia and elsewhere would be interested in a Safari clone that is 15+ USD cheaper than the original. I don't have much money to spare for pens, and I am well beyond the days of being a pecuniary student or part-time worker. I don't own a pen over $30 and am frequently looking for good quality clones that write well enough for under $10. Bazinga!!! These Hero clones, however, don't even look that good, but maybe the nib is fine (I like my Lamy nib).

A while back, I snapped and modified my Vista feed to go in at an angle that better suited my hand. Lamy had gone to a lot of effort with keys and recesses to ensure the nib & feed only go in one way. I bet you Hero haven't bothered, and that the nib and feed in the clones are a simple friction fit. If that's the case, they'll be far easier to fiddle with...

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Some interesting info here (sorry if already metnioned in the thread)

Lol, that's my blog. When I can keep things short, I post on forum (I usually can't though) and if I have a tendency to go on and on, I do it on my blog (so that people have a choice to read or ditch).

Blog Plug - Ink of Me Fondly

I'd like to compare them myself. Where do you even buy these? I'm surprised that their not for sale on ebay.

Currently they are only sold on Taobao (there are more than one seller already, apart from the one who commission that Hero factory to clone the pen) so I guess there are quite some profit already, there are some custom purchase website but I am not sure if the platform are in English. I guess it will take a while before some Chinese seller brings it on eBay.

Blog Plug - Ink of Me Fondly

if the retail markups weren't so high on the Lamy, there wouldn't be any clones from Hero. The current Lamys are too expensive at retail for me for the plastic that they're worth. Lamys probably wholesale for about $10 without retail markup, which would be nice to buy them at that price point. Imagine if we can buy wholesale Lamys from the factory, there would be no markets for cheaper clones.

I don´t understand this greedy thinking.

The Lamy Safari is a great pen, manufactured in Germany for a very reasonable price.

15 € for a great pen which is made in Europe is not much.

It is this "Greed is good" mentality which destroys the jobs in the western world.

People buy all these cheap Chinese clone junk to save a view €.

Produced in a non democratic country, where the workers which produces this junk earn next to nothing and the environment protection also counts nothing.

I don´t know what you are working, but you are also living in a western country (according to your USA location) and I assume you want also to be paid fair for your work.

I guess you might think different when your job is also destroyed some time by this mentality. :(

Edited by Pterodactylus

I have to agree with ptero's comments here. Why bother supporting a part of the economy who's only goal is to produce a bad copy of a good product. Sure, they are cheap, but if you buy 10 of these just to get one that works "OK", would it not have been better to just buy the original for the higher price in the first place and be happy knowing it is the real thing and will probably work right away. I'm sick of reading about people who try to save a small amount of money just so they can be disappointment when their new POC arrives and does not perform like the original.

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

I don´t understand this greedy thinking.

The Lamy Safari is a great pen, manufactured in Germany for a very reasonable price.

15 € for a great pen which is made in Europe is not much.

It is this "Greed is good" mentality which destroys the jobs in the western world.

People buy all these cheap Chinese clone junk to save a view €.

Produced in a non democratic country, where the workers which produces this junk earn next to nothing and the environment protection also counts nothing.

I am not sure many of us, would get one of these INSTEAD of a safari, but rather would get one as well as the safari.

I have not got one(nor do I intend to order one), but I do have 3 safari's.

Assuming they are similar in writing, I can see the advantage of the Hero. Having a feed that can accept standard international cartridges, opens up a whole other world of colours available than you would get the Lamy or Monteverde cartridges.

As for the argument about working conditions and political view in China, I don't think that holds up.

Anyone with a TV, smartphone or computer is buying goods manufactured wholly or part "Produced in a non democratic country, where the workers which produces this junk earn next to nothing and the environment protection also counts nothing."

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

It was cheap Hero copies that got me into 51s. It was a cheap(ish) Lamy 2000 copy that made me think "nah, the design's too severe for me". It was a cheap modern Duofold copy that has made me think, the real one... some day!

It's not always about greed.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

It was cheap Hero copies that got me into 51s. It was a cheap(ish) Lamy 2000 copy that made me think "nah, the design's too severe for me". It was a cheap modern Duofold copy that has made me think, the real one... some day!

It's not always about greed.

No, it's not...but I gotta ask, who copies the Lamy 2000?

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.