Pilot Elite 95S Deep Red M

hari317

Thanks, Hari - will try again.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• de_pen_dent

• subbu68

• pelman

Hari, for some reason I cannot see the images of your review. Photobucket ad only.....

Still missing the "White Stripe" MYU and black brother MYU with transparent section!

(Has somebody a "Murex" with a working clock?

(Thanks to Steve I found the "Black Stripe Capless" and the "White Stripe Capless")

Hari, for some reason I cannot see the images of your review. Photobucket ad only.....

BW quota exceeded, will reset itself on 5th of the month.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got mine (the red version), and I'm afraid the problems started as soon as I opened the packaging. Nearly all of my other pens instantly ended up with an inferiority complex (the Sailor PG has delusions of grandeur, the Camlin Trinity is covering its eyes and ears and yelling "Lah lah lah I can't hear you" and the Hero 100 made a futile attempt to pretend not to notice). I've since inked it and started writing with it with results I should have predicted. Plenty of pens complain that I don't seem to care about them anymore, one of the Parker 51s is sobbing quietly and the Wing Sung 201 was working on a long upset letter to the People's Daily until I caught it and de-inked it.

I really ought to have known better.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

I just got mine (the red version), and I'm afraid the problems started as soon as I opened the packaging. Nearly all of my other pens instantly ended up with an inferiority complex (the Sailor PG has delusions of grandeur, the Camlin Trinity is covering its eyes and ears and yelling "Lah lah lah I can't hear you" and the Hero 100 made a futile attempt to pretend not to notice). I've since inked it and started writing with it with results I should have predicted. Plenty of pens complain that I don't seem to care about them anymore, one of the Parker 51s is sobbing quietly and the Wing Sung 201 was working on a long upset letter to the People's Daily until I caught it and de-inked it.

I really ought to have known better.

:lticaptd: wonderful!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 6 months later...

Great review, thanks! I am amazed (and glad) that the pen is still available on Ebay. This review really convinced me to get one; now waiting for the mail.

Meanwhile I had thought that since I already have the Myu, I don't need any short pens anymore. However this was too difficult to resist.

Pilot's short pens are always such great value for money, especially the Elite line. Personally I think Pilot should just keep making short pens and not release L.E. models only (the number of Myu pens sold will be absurd, although current owners, myself included, may not like the extreme drop in value of their pens).

• 1 month later...

I am about to buy a Pilot 95S from Engeika. I need help deciding whether to get the "M" nib or "F" nib. I normally like writing with a Western "F" (e.g., Pelikan or Kaweco "F").

• I have a Pilot Vanishing Point with an "M" nib -- I found it to be wider than than a Western "F," and too wide for me.
  • I tried a Pilot Custom 74 with an "F" nib -- I found it to be narrower and drier (and more fragile, easier to bend out of shape) than a Western "F," and too narrow for me.
  • I have a Pilot Metropolitan with an "M" nib -- I found it to be just right!

Because of the discrepancies above, I can't decide what to do. What do you recommend?

Thanks for the great review by the way.

Edited by writebyhand

I am about to buy a Pilot 95S from Engeika. I need help deciding whether to get the "M" nib or "F" nib. I normally like writing with a Western "F" (e.g., Pelikan or Kaweco "F").

• I have a Pilot Vanishing Point with an "M" nib -- I found it to be wider than than a Western "F," and too wide for me.
  • I tried a Pilot Custom 74 with an "F" nib -- I found it to be narrower and drier (and more fragile, easier to bend out of shape) than a Western "F," and too narrow for me.
  • I have a Pilot Metropolitan with an "M" nib -- I found it to be just right!

Because of the discrepancies above, I can't decide what to do. What do you recommend?

Thanks for the great review by the way.

I've used 2 95s M and 1 95s F.

and from my experience, it writes wider than vanishing point M or custom 74 m. its flow is better than other pilot f.pens.

and it writes better than other pilot f.pens.

Due to the generous flow that 95s has, I'd recommend you to go F. 95s F writes more wider and far better than 74F.

Edited by pelicanachic

I kinda like the Elite. Have a vintage Elite myself however the new ones were pretty cool! It's a great alternative to M90s and MYUs since the prices went up drastically.

Edited by nicholasyeo

• 3 months later...

Got mine yesterday. My Elite 95s M write a boarder than Celemo M or old Birdie M. Is it like that for those who have a M nib on Elite 95s?

Regards

Subramoniam

Smooth but broad for me. Tried adjusting the tines. No luck. Elite is a disappointment for me.

Ordered medium nib thinking I can write as fine as my Parker Frontier Fine. No way the nib is near Western fine.

Regards

Subramoniam

Smooth but broad for me. Tried adjusting the tines. No luck. Elite is a disappointment for me.

Ordered medium nib thinking I can write as fine as my Parker Frontier Fine. No way the nib is near Western fine.

sorry to hear about that. Pilot are F nib champions, maybe ask for a nib swap with the seller?

Thanks for the wonderful review, Hari, as usual, great review and many nice photos. Enjoy your pen!

Edited by FP189

Thanks for the wonderful review, Hari, as usual, great review and many nice photos. Enjoy your pen!

Thank you for the kind comments, it is over an year since I wrote this review, but it feels to me like I wrote it only last week. Happy to see the pens still freely available on ebay, may Pilot never discontinue this model.

sorry to hear about that. Pilot are F nib champions, maybe ask for a nib swap with the seller?

I explained him the situation as well as send a test done by another FPNer when he got a broad M nib on his Elite 95s. I asked him to check if Pilot would replace the nib. He said it could not be done.

I read the nib of Elite 95s is inset. So can it not be removed and replaced by user?

Sending back to Pilot Japan and getting back could be about the price of another Celemo.

Regards

Subramoniam

I explained him the situation as well as send a test done by another FPNer when he got a broad M nib on his Elite 95s. I asked him to check if Pilot would replace the nib. He said it could not be done.

I read the nib of Elite 95s is inset. So can it not be removed and replaced by user?

Sending back to Pilot Japan and getting back could be about the price of another Celemo.

the inset nib can be certainly removed and replaced.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/210524-inset-nib-on-the-namiki-silvern-removing-and-re-sealing/

but where will you get just the nib as a spare part to replace?

Otherwise you can put a WTT (want to trade ) on FPN