Nakaya 1/3 There...

WOBentley

I got curious as to when I had ordered my Nakayas ((Dorsal fin and Long 17mm cigar) and approximately 4 months have elapsed...they told me 6 months to a year so another 2-8 months left to go! I'm hanging in there...how about all of you who have orders pending?

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trax

• Earthdawn

• WOBentley

• mongrelnomad

Eight months and counting.

The liberty of the press is indeed essential to the nature of a free state; but this consists in laying no previous restraints upon publications, and not in freedom from censure for criminal matter when published. Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press; but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous or illegal, he must take the consequence of his own temerity. (4 Bl. Com. 151, 152.) Blackstone's Commentaries

Well, it has only been about 2 months so far...so it's going to be a long wait for me! Mine are quite customized, as well...piccolo models w/ raden (one all raden, one a sumiko/raden combo), one with a new turtle stopper design and the other with a dragon stopper, both with emerald eyes. They will have quotes from Lao Tzu, written in Chinese.

So...lots of detailed work...it's going to be a while, I think!

That's alright, though. They're already right here, in my mind :)

I ordered a Nakaya in mid-May as told here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/243201-suggestions-for-japanese-pen/?p=2684353

Ordered at Ito-Ya in Tokyo. At the time, I was told to expect 3-4 months delivery time, but I have since seen several posts here mentioning delivery times longer than that.

A few weeks after ordering, I was contacted by Ito-Ya with a question from Nakaya regarding the finish on the feed. I gather this shows that the order has at least been considered and accepted by Nakaya.

Pilot Capless Black Carbonesque - Pelikan M800 Demonstrator - Pelikan M625 blue -
Montblanc 146 platinum - Rotring 600 series 1 - Lamy Persona black - Lamy 2000 -
Waterman Edson green - Chatterley Visconti Ripple silver/clear - Visconti Homo Sapiens -
Pilot Custom 823 black - Pilot Art Craft Koushi - Nakaya Piccolo Cigar Akatame
Nakaya Portable Writer matte black urushi - Nakaya Titanium Piccolo -

Namiki Emperor red urushi
Pen photos

Three months and counting, but mine is a one-off custom so the design sign-off period was easily that much again, if not more.

Ho hum. Patience is a virtue...

...apparently.

Too many pens; too little writing.

Six months and counting for a Naka-ai with Negoro Shiro-tame finish...

But I am loving my Nakaya deskpen in the meantime!

Looks like I am in for the full year wait!

Of course good things are worth waiting for!

My Dorsal fin has both Makie-e and kanji the 17mm long cigar takes a long time normally I have heard but it is unadorned...

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

One Hakase hopefully ready by the end of the summer, and one Nakaya is being made at the moment... Ruud

This morning I received an email, now another wait is beginning....

Thank you for your waiting .
Your pen is ready to ship. Before the shippment, I would like
to confirm 2 things.

to confirm 2 things.

What beauty is it this time?

I just got a new-to-me Nakaya!

Actually, at Pen Posse Saturday, Lsmith42 and I swapped Piccolos (we kept our nibs, though, as I prefer EF/F and Loren prefers B/BB) - so he got my heki tamenuri Piccolo Writer and I got his matte black Piccolo Writer!

It's funny, cos now our nibs and clips don't match, but this doesn't bother me at all. We'll have to see if the silver nib's not matching the gold clip gets to Loren... and what, if anything, he does about it.

I love my "new" matte black Piccolo! It feels soooooo nice, like charcoal!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I was also told six months to a year and it has been just about six months since the order was placed. I'm waiting patiently...

to confirm 2 things.

Is anyone else curious about the '2 things' ?

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Is anyone else curious about the '2 things' ?

My address and th color of ink to be included. Packag is held in 'bonded area' at Tokyo customs....

Edited by rhk

My address and th color of ink to be included. Packag is held in 'bonded area' at Tokyo customs....

It is held in Tokyo customs going out of Japan? Why?

Pilot Capless Black Carbonesque - Pelikan M800 Demonstrator - Pelikan M625 blue -
Montblanc 146 platinum - Rotring 600 series 1 - Lamy Persona black - Lamy 2000 -
Waterman Edson green - Chatterley Visconti Ripple silver/clear - Visconti Homo Sapiens -
Pilot Custom 823 black - Pilot Art Craft Koushi - Nakaya Piccolo Cigar Akatame
Nakaya Portable Writer matte black urushi - Nakaya Titanium Piccolo -

Namiki Emperor red urushi
Pen photos

It is held in Tokyo customs going out of Japan? Why?

That just means it's on it's way...

That just means it's on it's way...

Yes, and it also means that the Dutch colleagues of these Japanese custom officials will add a bill to the package...

Yes, and it also means that the Dutch colleagues of these Japanese custom officials will add a bill to the package...

Bureaucrats! :gaah: But soon you will have your Nakaya and all will be well. ;) Photos are mandatory now, just to let you know :)

Bureaucrats! :gaah: But soon you will have your Nakaya and all will be well. ;) Photos are mandatory now, just to let you know :)

I may be out of town for more than two weeks, so pictures will take a while (and so will be my collection of the pen). The status has now improved to 'export permitted', a disappointment in way. It must have taken two days to reach this decision bacuse the officials could not agree immediately that such a beautiful pen could be exported at all. Artefact of national importance, etc.

Ah Customs eh......do we have enough time or energy to discuss our various countries customs regulations? No I dont think so either

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......