Hakase Rw15C - Rosewood Flat-Top, Fine Nib

mongrelnomad

That is a ludicrously good looking pen. I hope I manage to forget about it before the time in the distant future I get delusions of being able to afford it :-)

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mongrelnomad

• hari317

• Sblakers

• drgoretex

Breathtakingly beautiful pens. Great review.

Thanks - glad you enjoyed the review (as much as I enjoy writing with the pen!) :)

I've been considering a long trip to Japan some time. Unfortunately, it just got CONSIDERABLY more expensive. :-)

That is a truly gorgeous pen.

If you do go to Japan, only do so with a massive set-aside war-chest. The amount of painstakingly beautiful handmade items you'll discover simply by virtue of walking the streets is astonishing(ly detremental to your bank-account)...

Mongrelnomad- thanks for a wonderful review of your extraordinary Hakase pen.

Well, if I didnt have to spend every penny that I own into payments for this damn cancer thing and its aftereffects, I would be ordering a Hakase right now!!!!! :):)

Wolverine - there are things much much much more important than mere pens. Wishing you a quick, full recovery and the best of health. As we Jews like to say: till 120!

That is a ludicrously good looking pen. I hope I manage to forget about it before the time in the distant future I get delusions of being able to afford it :-)

A delusion is only one way of looking at the world. I'm sure we can find you another if we try hard enough :lol:

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

• 2 months later...

I know I have commented on this review before but by god this is a good review. Your writing is entertaining and captivating.

Glad the lack of OBB nibs saves me from a painful second mortgage!

I'm afraid that after I get my buffalo horn I'll want a pterocarpus. I think in out if things to sell. :(

I know I have commented on this review before but by god this is a good review. Your writing is entertaining and captivating.

Thanks again! I have a few reviews outstanding, so there'll be more to come (though not, unfortunately, of Hakases... yet)...

Glad the lack of OBB nibs saves me from a painful second mortgage!

So now's not the time to tell you that Mr. Yamamoto will grind any nib to your personal specification :yikes:

I'm afraid that after I get my buffalo horn I'll want a pterocarpus. I think in out if things to sell. :(

And when you get the pterocarpus you'll want an ebony, and when you have an ebony you'll want a rosewood, and when you have a rosewood you'll want an ebonite and then when you have an ebonite you'll want a cocobolo, and then when you have a cocobolo you'll want to fly out to Japan and Totori and get a tortoise shell..

And then, when you realise there's more than one style of each, you'll start all over again :P

I hate to say it but it's looking like you're going to be right. Flying to japan to get a tortoise shell would be worth the trip alone.

I hate to say it but it's looking like you're going to be right. Flying to japan to get a tortoise shell would be worth the trip alone.

I hear that Tottori has very nice pears :D

Edited by mongrelnomad

• 10 months later...

ANY nib size???! (Swoons)

I think the max is 15... but I think it doesnt come with the exotic nibs by Pilot but the soft nibs will be there BUT MAN... no monies but soon Hakase... yes I'll get my Professor made (language reading pun, but it could refer to the founder with the surname Hakase I know what I want I just dont have the 500K Yen needed... or was it 1M Yen... and probably never will be)

Edited by Algester

I love those roll-stoppers. I've never liked or used clips but then again gravity is a biatch.

Caretaker for a bevy of Swans.

I can't seem myself paying this much for a pen (nor for anything except a house or a car), but I'm going to be dabbling in pen turning tor the first time over the next month and this exquisitely-written review has made me think about what I want to achieve and why.

So, many thanks, mongrelnomad.

• 4 weeks later...

This pen is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

It swiftly made to my top 1 Next-pen wishlist....................

Oh there cries my pen fund................................

Beautifully written review too, many many thanks.

Thank you for this extensive review.

Great pen, very sober.

The torpedo black horn is in my wish list for ages.

Is it possible to comunicate with TAKUYA in english?

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Thank you for this extensive review.

Great pen, very sober.

The torpedo black horn is in my wish list for ages.

Is it possible to comunicate with TAKUYA in english?

Thanks - yes, my Japanese is non-existent, so all contact has been in English. It is sometimes strained, but usually clear enough...

Note that the wait time has once again increased (good times for Hakase, it appears): to 10 months...

This pen is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

It swiftly made to my top 1 Next-pen wishlist....................

Oh there cries my pen fund................................

Beautifully written review too, many many thanks.

Thanks. You won't regret it!

• 11 months later...

I've been reading your review over and over for the last three years,

and everytime it seems like the first time.

Your beautiful description of the pen and the marvelous pictures made my heart lust for a Hakase of my own.

Thank you and Hallelujah!!!!!

Thank you and Hallelujah!!!!!

Praise the Japanese Pen Meistro!!!!!

Yours sincerely,

Scott.