• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JPS_Rotring

• 9tailsfox

• The Blue Knight

• ruben50

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can someone help me out identifying this?

Thanks in advance!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFgxMDAw/z/k0QAAOSwxCxT7wgj/$_57.JPG

It seems that some versions that got exported got the "Germany" stamp, I've never seen one with "Germany" on the domestic market, only rare cases where it was marked "Deutschland" or "W. Deutschland" (before the fall of the berlin wall)

The lava Newton shown in my previous post, that has the "Germany" stamp, was purchased new from Swisher Pens in Sept, 2005. The silver-colored one, also stamped "Germany", was purchased second-hand from a seller here on FPN in July, 2006. I don't know the previous history of that pen. I do know that the seller lived in Georgia, USA, at the time.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

Wow. I love the Rotring 600. The Fountain Pen would be my dream pen.. I currently own all of the Rotring Rapidograph, as well as a 300 clutch.

Those cases are so nice too!

Also, that's a Rotring 600 Mechanical Pencil. It is one of the best technical pencils you can buy. Rotring stopped making them for a period of time, but has come back and are making them again. Where did you get it?

Also, that's a Rotring 600 Mechanical Pencil. It is one of the best technical pencils you can buy. Rotring stopped making them for a period of time, but has come back and are making them again. Where did you get it?

It is a picture a seller put up, I am unsure why there is no marking for the lead size although the seller says it is 0.35mm. Did Rotring not print the sizes for some time?

Edited by Andreymandude

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, you've got a great thread running here :) A few years ago I stumbled upon an old Rotring 600 pen (it looked already pretty worn out, what was kind of nice) and just loved it.

However it doesn't work properly anymore...the ball pen refill stays out all the time and won't go back inside, doesn't matter how often I press the button on the top. Anyone has a clue what could have caused it or how i could fix it?

And secondly: I recently bought a Newton fountain pen on a flea market. It is in a really great condition, but the inner plastic shell keeps falling out on even slight pressure. Do you guys think this could be fixed with a bit of two component adhesive, or do you have any other assumptions? :(

I also added a few pictures of the two pens...

Thanks a lot :)

post-118385-0-50769000-1417020694_thumb.jpgpost-118385-0-78194700-1417020696_thumb.jpgpost-118385-0-20775700-1417020700_thumb.jpgpost-118385-0-42174800-1417020702_thumb.jpgpost-118385-0-64011200-1417020704_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting post. For the rOtring Lambda BP does anyone know what size refills it takes? I can est. .5/.7mm but I'm not completely sure. I've seen a few listed on eBay for $105 but luckily FPN has info on them too.

BTW: The 600 mechanical pencil is available from amazon (USA) and Jetpens if anyone is still looking for it. Also, I don't think there's any active mechanical pencil or RB forum and FPN is the largest one for writing tools that I know of.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

• 1 month later...

Here are some pics of my rotring 600's and newtons.

I have a deskset with the same hexagonal shape. It says Rotring.

I like the pens!

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

• 3 months later...

I am glad when old threads resurface. Even though this isn't very old, I'd never have seen it otherwise, because Rotring has never been on my radar. This is such a good review and beautiful pen, I think I'm going to try to find out more. The information here is a very good start.

I love the desk set, Do any still lurk around in the wild? Or even just the ink wells? I didn't know Rotring had either desk sets or pen cases!

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

• 2 weeks later...

I've found this ad published in a Swiss Engineer review titled " Schweizer Ingenieur ind Architekt " promoting the new Rotring 600 and it is dated from 1988 (I've circle the date in blue at the bottom of the page). This is however for trio pen and mechanical pencil, so the fountain pens may still date from 1989.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1433759831__sbz-003_1988.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I'm writing because I recently received what looks like a Rotring 600 fountain pen as a gift, but there are a few odd things about it which have led me to believe that it might be a different model or an immitation, so I wanted to ask you you're opinion, since you clearly know a lot about these pens, I'll attach some pictures of the pen itself and its ink cartridge.

It would be really great if you could shed some light on what I have here, thank you very much in advance.

P.S.: I apologize for any mistakes in grammar or orthography, english is not my native language

post-129331-0-74630500-1460516577.jpg

post-129331-0-23889000-1460516583.jpg

post-129331-0-89843100-1460516594.jpg

...there are a few odd things about it which have led me to believe that it might be a different model or an immitation.

That is completely legit, it is a first gen rOtring 600 with a steel nib. Plenty of companies have bought those rebranded to give out as luxury business gifts etc. and yours is one of those.

That is completely legit, it is a first gen rOtring 600 with a steel nib. Plenty of companies have bought those rebranded to give out as luxury business gifts etc. and yours is one of those.

Tha's good to know, thanks for the information!

I made the mistake of using an aftermarket converter in my 2nd generation Rotring 600, and it often slipped and leaked. The last time I cleaned the barrel, I lost the small ribbed collar at the mouth of the barrel that the cap aligns with. So I got another Rotring 600, also 2nd generation (both have the L designation in the cap indicator), so I could try to use the collar as a pattern to duplicate on the lathe. This does not seem to be a separate collar, and is threaded internally down into the barrel.

Any ideas about replacing the lost collar, or about this design variation? I'm happy to have one pen working again, but two would be nice.